About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-31, 22:21
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Product Review - Galco Holster!

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp?ProductID=1187&CatalogID=7


I picked up my first galco leather in the waistband holster yesterday and i'm quite pleased. It fits my SIG P229 and P228 (the 228 is practically the same size as the 229 just thinner slide).

It conceals quite well, although the clip which secures the holster to the waistband prints through tighter clothing. But it is not that noticeable at a glance. I picked it up from my local gun store who had to special order it. Out the door cost was twenty two dollars and change.

I've used the uncle mike sidekick nylon in the waistband holster. Which is a poor holster. The inside stiching and material starts to tear away very easily and your pistol tends to snag when you draw. Also these holsters seem to be magnet when it comes to body odor. In other words after wearing them a couple times, they begin to smell. These holsters are reasonably cheap and fall within the ten dollar price range.

Can be seen at the below link.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/UncleMikes/InsideThePantHolsters.asp

I'm considering on purchasing a comp-tac shirt tucker in the waistband kydex holster next. I think they've gone down in price a little. I generally find kydex not to be that concealable but i've heard a lot of good reviews about this particular holster.

http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_tucker.html
 #2 
Old 2003-01-31, 22:25
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Product Review - Galco Holster!

One my way home from work I also picked up a dozen green anti tilt AR15 mag followers and a used but like new black pistol grip to replace the OD green one on my AR15.

Eventually i'm going to replace the buttstock and handguards as well. The military OD green theme doesn't really do it for me.

It was a good day =)
 #3 
Old 2003-02-01, 04:29
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Product Review - Galco Holster!

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
I picked up my first galco leather in the waistband holster yesterday...


Poop,

Great thin IWB holster! Its the same one I'm using most of the time these days for my Kahr P9C. The only thing I wish it had is a reversed J-hook that went under instead of over the belt.

BTW, I wish you well with that Comp-Tac if you get it. Like I said before, it generally works well, but the clip is weak and the hard kydex can get tiresome. Nothing like that comfy suede Galco.

cc

edit: I forgot to mention that I cut off the snaps and straps on my Galco. Much simpler that way. (yah, I don't do too many cartwheels )

[This message has been edited by Concealed Carrier (edited 02-01-2003).]
 #4 
Old 2003-02-01, 05:13
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Product Review - Galco Holster!

I probabaly won't order the comptac anytime soon cause i'm really liking the galco a lot.

Also I recently found a good source for some...

Ranger SXT T series 230 GRAIN +P .45
Ranger SXT T series 124 GRAIN +P+ 9MM

Yea! Basically the black talon but redesigned and put into a new box. T series has the reverese taper design which is supposed to make them reliably expand even when shot out of short barrels. Impossible to find locally though which sucks, i'm setting up a deal with a guy who lives near tallahesse.
 #5 
Old 2003-02-01, 23:34
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Product Review - Galco Holster!

CC the only problem I was having with the galco holster was the snap. It was so tightly fitting that releasing the snap was very diffacult to do with the pistol holstered, espically one handed. However instead of cutting the straps, I used a bench grinder and some sand paper to remove a little of the metal from the snap itself. Which resulted in a less of a tight fit, now i'm able to easily one handed release the snap with my thumb and draw, the straps aide in reholstering and now can be easily re-engaged. The snap still prevents the pistol from being lifted out of the holster while engaged. I even went as far to reblue the metal snap =)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics