About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-27, 23:52
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

Zero, I saw your chain/knife weapon on your site and I have a similar thang I cobbled up together quite some time ago. I know how I use mine, but I'm always looking for new techniques. Any specifics on how you like to weild yours?

Most of my stuff with the knifechain is a fling/stab kind of an action, grappling and stabbing thrown in the mix as well.

If anyone wants to know what the hell I'm talking about, go to Zero's website. The specific link I'm referring to is: http://krimzonpyro.com/zero/Zero%20Random%2004%20-%20Pain-on-a-Chain.jpg

[This message has been edited by Phantom (edited 01-28-2003).]
 #2 
Old 2003-01-28, 01:17
P_Dub_Pyro P_Dub_Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

How many times must you people be told not to use the board for personal communications?! FUCK! Just email him!
 #3 
Old 2003-01-28, 01:48
bek bek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

no dude, you cant just go randomly emailing random people for a random and non aparent reason.
anyway,im interested too,and i doubt the zero lord would appreciate lots of people emailing him asking him the same sort of question over and over again..
 #4 
Old 2003-01-28, 03:08
P_Dub_Pyro P_Dub_Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

quote:
Originally posted by bek:
no dude, you cant just go randomly emailing random people for a random and non aparent reason.
anyway,im interested too,and i doubt the zero lord would appreciate lots of people emailing him asking him the same sort of question over and over again..



Who gives a shit if he would like it or not. Its better than cluttering up the board.

 #5 
Old 2003-01-28, 05:25
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

I am interested in other people's opinions. That's why I post on a message board, fuckwit. If you don't like it, get your own message board and I'll gladly stay the hell away from your nazi ass.

[This message has been edited by Phantom (edited 01-28-2003).]
 #6 
Old 2003-01-28, 14:47
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

����Blade in the right hand, chain in the left. I keep enough slack in the chain that I can fully extend my stabbing arm without running short.
����I like to open with the chain, since I have more range with it. Either my opponent catches the chain (in which case I stab him), the chain wraps around him (in which case I stab him), or the ring on the chain strikes him upside the head, in which case I stab him if he is thrown off balance. Are we sensing a pattern, here?
����You can mix it up a bit by using some nunchuck style techniques with the chain. You can keep the chain spinning and strike repeatedly from a relatively safe distance until you find a good opening to make with the stabbing.
����Wielding the weapon is basically an excercise in speed and perception. As soon as you have an opportunity you have to take it. Neither the blade nor the chain are exceptionally powerful weapons. You can't just rush right in and start swinging like you could with a bat or a polearm. Used together both parts of the weapon can be deadly.

~Zero
 #7 
Old 2003-01-28, 22:37
adamj adamj is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

this sounds like an ancient spanish death-game where 2 ppl chain themselves up and attack each other with knives. Still... sounds fun
 #8 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:20
A_M_P A_M_P is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

This reminds me of an old discussion I read on the Yahoo knife throwing group about Bowie knives with ropes tied to the pommel.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thrower/message/2993

Great place to lurk and gather info on weapons, just watch your mouth, most of them are from the bible belt.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-29, 01:32
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

Zero,
That is how the Okinowans used the kama when they defended themselves agaisnt the Japanese. They took a kama (a one handed sickle thing) and put either a rope or a chain with a weight, or sometimes a grappling hook, on the end and beat people with it then sliced them up after they were sufficiently subdued. I think I might take a crack at whipping one up. It looks fun.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-29, 02:29
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

����The chain's a bit heavy to be throwing the knife around. If you want to throw a knife with a cord on it the cord needs to be lighter than the knife.
����I did have a thrower with an elastic strap on it once. That thing was lots of fun but quite dangerous. The strab eventually broke and I lost the knife. I should build a new and stronger one...

~Zero
 #11 
Old 2003-01-29, 03:32
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

I do all that with my chainknife as well, but there is one major component that I do that you don't. I have developed a way to throw the knife and hold the chain. The knife rebounds and I catch it. It's not easy to describe, it'd be much better if I could show you, but here goes nothing. The chain goes over my pinky and the weight is coming out of the back of my hand. The chain comes out the other side of my pinky and forms a loop to my forefinger, which the knife is draped over. I then fling the knife the direction i wish, the knife then obviously bounds back and I catch it. Although it looks and sounds dangerous, I've never cut or nicked myself with it.
I was intrigued by your mention of the weight of the chain. I think mine would be more effective with a lighter chain or rope. Personally, I like the sound and feel of the chain, so I might just go with a lighter one. I think I may need to lengthen it too. One other difference between our blades, is that mine is a double sided leaf blade. I'm sure you've seen those 10$ or cheaper throwing knives, the one peices, leaf blades with cutouts in the handle. That's my blade. Also, my weight is a bit heftier than yours. I used the same link, but I bunched up a couple links at the end to make more weight.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-29, 12:24
bek bek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

i own some nunchucks. i think i would be dead or severely injured by now if they wernet..made of ..foam..

take a look at theese: i think this link should work.. http://www.extremely-sharp.com/es/catalog/shuriken18-19-20.html


[This message has been edited by bek (edited 01-29-2003).]
 #13 
Old 2003-01-29, 15:21
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

����A bit on the expensive side, no?

~Zero
 #14 
Old 2003-01-30, 03:30
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

The swords are pretty cheap. However they look as though they are just cut from sheet steel, rendering them useless. When I go to Japan I am going to try and find a real swordsmith and have one made.
Just wondering, does anyone know where I can find the laws concerning carrying weapons for my state online? I would go to the library but I am lazy.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-30, 19:50
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

����http://pw1.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm may offer some insight.

~Zero
 #16 
Old 2003-01-30, 23:11
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

Thanks. Talk about restrictions. Land of the "free" my ass!
 #17 
Old 2003-01-31, 15:52
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

����That's not the worst of it. I keep the full text of my state's weapon laws on my handheld for reference. I get into a situation about once every two weeks where I have to correct a cop on weapon law...

~Zero
 #18 
Old 2003-01-31, 19:59
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

So... I wonder who I would consult for getting a weapon permit to carry something like a machete or sword around.
AZ law lets me have a pocketknife without a permit, that's good enough for me.
 #19 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:56
disco stu disco stu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

wat kind of a knife would u suggest i use if i was to make a chainknife? something cheep would b best but im worryed about the quality of cheaper kitchen type knives etc.
 #20 
Old 2003-02-01, 02:56
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pain on a Chain (for Zero)

����That's why I made my own knife. If you can't do that then anything solid, full tang, and of a disposition to have a hole drilled in the pommel should do. One-piece throwing knives, any reasonably high quality fixed blade that you don't mind scuffing, whatever.

~Zero
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics