|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2003-01-06, 19:34
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Starshine
����Are you getting sick of throwing stars yet? I've got more. ����I made these four pointed stars (Hira shuriken, shaken, or whatever you want to call them) today. I found the greatest source of metal. Backing plates for octagonal electrical boxes. Not only are they made from reasonably thick galvanized steel, but they're exactly the right size for throwing stars and they have punch out centers for the center holes. To top it off, the things cost 37 US cents a piece. Yes, 37. That makes them cheaper (in terms of materials, not labor) than my previous cheapie ghetto stars. ����Not half bad. ����I only made five of the things today, but tomorrow I plan to knock of ten more in varying designs. Build them right and these things work spectacularly. Detailed plans, of course, are going into my upcoming throwing knife book. I have a feeling you've heard that one before. ����Thusly the new items are added to my homemade throwing star collection, yet more proof that you should never, ever throw something at me in jest...
~Zero
[This message has been edited by Zero the Inestimable (edited 01-06-2003).]
|
|
#2
 2003-01-06, 20:37
|
Breath-In-Bleed-Out 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Starshine
How did you make the razor blade stars?...and how do they perform?...
|
|
#3
 2003-01-06, 20:57
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Starshine
����I was going to hotlink that but it seems I forgot. See the thread here.
~Zero
[This message has been edited by Zero the Inestimable (edited 01-06-2003).]
|
|
#4
 2003-01-06, 22:31
|
P_Dub_Pyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Starshine
Very cool Zero. I wish I had access to any sort of grinder or I'd make some. Do you think a Dremel tool could cut that metal? If so I might ask for one for my birthday.
[This message has been edited by P_Dub_Pyro (edited 01-06-2003).]
|
|
#5
 2003-01-06, 22:37
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Starshine
����It wouldn't be economical. You would burn through cut off disks like crazy - More than four per star, if you're frugal with them. Ask for an angle grinder instead. The Ryobi one I've been using for years now only cost me twenty dollars. The disks for angle grinders last a damn sight longer than Dremel disks, also. ����Dremel tools have their place, but that place isn't cutting plate metal. They're good for beveling the points and edges of stars and throwing knives, though.
~Zero
|
|
#6
 2003-01-06, 22:43
|
P_Dub_Pyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Starshine
Oh ok. Thanks for the help. 
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|