About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-19, 17:11
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default what kind of H2H training have u had?

just curious as 2 how much and what kind of H2H training everyone has received.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-19, 21:44
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

A fair amount of training in the Marines, 8 or 9 months of aikido, and a whole bunch of fights. As a reserve deputy, I got some training on asps, handcuffing techniques(mostly pressure points), some self defense, and weapons retention.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-19, 21:54
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

about a year of karate. a bit of boxing, and a bit of ju jitsu from a brazillian mate who was really good.

rlpinca, i'm thinking about taking up aikido, is it any good?
do you recommend it?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:03
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

I thought it was pretty good. There's alot of people that will talk shit about it because it looks too rehearsed. I've seen a 50 something year old 130 lb accountant from my class tear someone a new asshole, and I've used some throws in bar fights, so I'd say it's effective. Find a dojo that teaches weapons also, that's the funnest part.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:20
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

not only is it the funnest part, but doing weapons training in conjunction with ur regular training will help 2 better ur reflexes a bit. its also what steven seagal specializes in (fyi, he used 2 be a body guard b4 he started acting).
 #6 
Old 2002-12-20, 09:30
RipSlider RipSlider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

I've done all the stuff in the marines, plus a years judo and two years thai boxing.

I was walking home with my girlfriend and her mate on tuesday, and we got started on by some pissed up bloke. He was really in my face, and swung for me. I did a kick to the kidneys, and then an elbow to the face.

I didn't make me feel in anyway good, but I realised later that I hadn't given any thought to what I had to do, it just happened. I like that.

RipSlider
 #7 
Old 2002-12-22, 07:23
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

none but im a madman with a saber(fencing) ive broken 2 diff peeps wrists and knocked a guy out and i did it all legally by the rules. umm but without a weapon id prolly be hopeless tho, maybe in with a chance if the guy was smaller and not too much faster
 #8 
Old 2002-12-22, 11:11
OniOuji OniOuji is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

I'v been doing kendo for a months, i'm quite good at fencing i can use a foil and an epe� i havnt used sabers much. If i was caught up in a serious fight i'd probably get realy badly hurt but i think they'd come out worse cos i just go mentel when pissed off.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-22, 13:26
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

Marines, Boxed and just general experience.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-25, 11:21
tWiStEdUp tWiStEdUp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

Boxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu and wrestling.

That's all you need for street fighting.

FORGET about Aikido unless you enjoy paying expensive dental bills.

If the person who had studied Brazilian jiu-jitsu truly wants to learn aikido afterward, I'd seriously suggest reconsidering!!!

-John
 #11 
Old 2002-12-25, 14:00
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

quote:
Originally posted by tWiStEdUp:

FORGET about Aikido unless you enjoy paying expensive dental bills.




Once again, more aikido bashing. I have used aikido techniques several times during actual fights. It worked most of the time, the times it didn't I improvised and came out ok anyways. Alof of techniques from aikido are shared by judo, jiujitsu, kendo, iato, and several others. I never had to pay a dental bill. The only injury other than bruises that I suffered from aikido was a broken toe. That was only because I was at a seminar on mats that were far too soft and slick and I got a little toe twisted funny doing a new throw .

 #12 
Old 2002-12-29, 05:11
boosby boosby is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what kind of H2H training have u had?

jinen-ryu karate, taekwondo and lots of backward fighting with friends and my big brother before i moved away.
Let me tell you one thing NOTHING (maybe?) makes you a better fighter than taking on someone who is bigger, stronger and can dent solid wood doors. my, BIG brother, that big son of a bitch pressed 230 and had knuckles like rocks. he was the reason i started karate i could never win. but i trained really hard and bulked up to kick his ass....then he moved. dam it for once in my life i was going to win against him and he had to leave state. i will find him someday and kick his ass!! till then just keep up the dream.

PS enough of the aikido bashing. i have never taken any but i know enough about it to see how it could be effective just catch one of their punches, throw them to the ground and stomp them into the ground. Also if you say you can't just catch a punch, you can i have done it before and i know nothing about joints or locks and i can use them.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics