About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-19, 15:54
Hired_Gun Hired_Gun is offline
Regular
 
Default What would you carry if you were an assassin?

im just wondering if any of you became an assassin, what handgun would you carry and why? why did you pick that particular gun? and it would have to be suppressed some how
 #2 
Old 2002-12-19, 16:12
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

it would depend upon the task at hand. 4 example, some situations might require a pistol with a small report that can pierce body armor. others probably wouldnt. personally, im rather partial 2 a suppressed usp tactical or mk23, but generally ull want something even quieter, like a suppressed ruger mark II. theyre not real powerful, but thats why u need 2 be a good shot (or just empty the clip in2 some1s head).

[This message has been edited by O'CYRUS (edited 12-19-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-12-19, 16:22
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

Personally, I'd put him down at a distance with a Barret. I forget the actual model number, but it's a big fuckin' rifle that fires big fuckin' rounds of the .50 BMG variety.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-19, 17:04
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

����I think a Continental 700 would do it.

~Zero
 #5 
Old 2002-12-19, 17:05
Hired_Gun Hired_Gun is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

im rather partial 2 a suppressed usp tactical or mk23

or how about if your going with HK a usp compact as both the above guns are large, u just get a threaded barrel for it

-------------------------------------------
mind you i fancied going with the glock 17 + suppressor, as it hink glocks are cool and if they're good enough for the army and police forces thier good enough for an assassin. plus i saw on the news today that there are glock 17s going around in the uk
 #6 
Old 2002-12-19, 17:35
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

quote:
Originally posted by Hired_Gun:
im rather partial 2 a suppressed usp tactical or mk23

or how about if your going with HK a usp compact as both the above guns are large, u just get a threaded barrel for it




thats just me. personally, i happen 2 like them both, and its not like theyd be THAT hard 2 conceal (with a light jacket and the right holster).
 #7 
Old 2002-12-19, 18:31
Omni-Max Omni-Max is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

quote:
Originally posted by Armed&Angry:
Personally, I'd put him down at a distance with a Barret. I forget the actual model number, but it's a big fuckin' rifle that fires big fuckin' rounds of the .50 BMG variety.


M82A1 Barret

With ranges up to a mile, I believe.

Personally, sniping is the way to go.
If I had to get close on em, I'd take that one slienced gun which is totally silent and it has to be cocked everytime and it was in Return To Castle Wolfinstein SP. I think a british company makes it.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-19, 21:47
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

The only silenced weapons in the new Wolfenstein game - at least, I thought - were the Luger and the Sten SMG. However, I must say that "Snooper" rifle was DAMN cool. Eat hot lead, Jerry.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:02
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

quote:
im just wondering if any of you became an assassin, what handgun would you carry and why?


Well only if i can be a assassin that hunts down other assassin's =)

Maybe it really wouldn't matter what type of firearm since my work would be sanctioned by the government? =)

I'd love to supress a HK P7M8, it's got a fixed barrel so therefore you don't require longer cans (tactical, mark23, etc.. require the use of a nelsion device aka recoil booster).

quote:
plus i saw on the news today that there are glock 17s going around in the uk


lol estimates are more like there are over one billion illegal firearms on the streets of greater europe =)
 #10 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:28
Omni-Max Omni-Max is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

The gun I am talking about is real.

The silencer is a actual built on part of the barrel, and it fires .22 rounds. It's completely silent.

Perhaps Webley makes it?

I gotta find a picture.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-20, 00:04
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

Ar-7 silenced, but i would yous a poison that decomposes into natural compounds after death.

CTR
 #12 
Old 2002-12-20, 00:15
digitalnoah digitalnoah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

Me? I'd use a paintball gun with V-X nerve toxin paintballs. Oh yea, and a set of gold plated desert eagles. bling bling.

I felt my IQ drop just saying that.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-20, 00:32
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?


Depends.

Do I have to eliminate the target with the handgun or can I use an icepick to the brain?

Otherwise I agree with digitalnoah. A pair of gold plated desert eagles would make me feel silly enough to kill ;-).

cc
 #14 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:20
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

quote:
The silencer is a actual built on part of the barrel, and it fires .22 rounds. It's completely silent.


Internally supressed ruger mark ii's are out there. With subsonic ammunition one dealer who had one in his inventory described the report "it was so quiet it was erie".

Pistol goes for about $700.00
Tax tamp $200.00
Other fees $50.00

Countless hours you spend shooting your supressed twenty two off in your backyard without your neighbors getting wise = priceless =)
 #15 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:37
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
Internally supressed ruger mark ii's are out there. With subsonic ammunition one dealer who had one in his inventory described the report "it was so quiet it was erie".


For example:
http://www.paladinarmory.com/22Pistols.htm

But I'd still bet that subsonic Colibri ammo in an unsuppressed long gun is just as quiet...albeit not as powerful.

cc
 #16 
Old 2002-12-20, 02:07
speedracer speedracer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

DEfinitly, a ruger mark II w/ the built-in-silencer! My dad has a mark I; I grew up on it; it's extremely accurate and balanced well. I suppose the the extra barrel weight might make it a tad bit front heavy, but I'm sure the fine people of ruger have compensated for that. As for the AR-7, my father also owns one of those(my dad doesn't own ALL the guns though!), its old, and the sear pins are worn down so it sometimes fires full-auto, and it misfires a lot(even with good federal ammo), but, ya know, it IS old, so...
 #17 
Old 2002-12-20, 06:42
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

i'd use a weighted dildo and a sincher.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-20, 08:30
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

a FN fiveseven supressed.
loaded with subsonic ammunition....
(can penatraye kevlar vest at 50 metre range
using a p90, it should be able to pierce
vests at 20 metre or so)

main weapon i would want a supressed G36
carbine...

sniper rifle i would want a barret M82A2...
loaded with anti tank rounds...
(basically shoot through body armor)

 #19 
Old 2002-12-20, 21:50
HailHound HailHound is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

Polish ZSU 14.5mm automatic cannon set up with a remote firing station and video-scope. "fires a hundred bullets before the first one hits the target"-protagonist Decklen

From the movie The Jackal starring Bruce Willis

Silenced .22 Ruger model 22/45

From the movie Assassins starring Sylvester Stallone and Antonio Banderas

Dual Beretta M92s with homemade silencers, and a SVD sniper rifle

From the movie Ghost Dog: the Way of the Samurai starring Forest Whitaker

There are so many movies out there with stylish hitmen. No drought of ideas here.

Personally, if I were an assassin, I'd be more concerned about getting caught than what brand of gun I was carrying. Evian or Aquafina both quench the thirst.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-21, 04:03
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

i would carry a pink glock 17 so if i killed someone they would die knowing they were finished with a plastic bitch gun.

digitalnoah, ROFL, gold plated desert eagles. ahahahahaha.

poop is the 200 dollar stamp a one time fee or is it paid every year? are there any yearly taxes or licenses required? and is a suppressed pistol considered classIII?
 #21 
Old 2002-12-21, 17:40
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

����Anyone out there read Snow Crash? I want a Reason.

~Zero
 #22 
Old 2002-12-21, 21:48
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

quote:
poop is the 200 dollar stamp a one time fee or is it paid every year? are there any yearly taxes or licenses required? and is a suppressed pistol considered classIII?


Your tax stamp (or fee for registration of a nfa firearm) is a one time deal.

The only other time you need to contact the NFA branch is if you change your address, espically if you move out of state, or god forbid misplace your nfa firearm =/

Only licensing (if you plan to become a dealer or manufacter) is due annually.

A suppressed pistol is considered a title ii class iii nfa firearm and does require a tax stamp aka fee of two hundred dollars =/
 #23 
Old 2002-12-22, 01:02
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

thanks, now all i need is a shitload of money for a class III firearm.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-23, 02:06
Quicksilver88 Quicksilver88 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

hell yeah, zero. everybody listens to Reason.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-23, 20:09
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What would you carry if you were an assassin?

fuck the handgun, give me a katana any day.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics