About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-12, 01:04
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default SIG p226 mags

i heard that you can fit 13 .40s&w bullets into the 15 round 9mm mags. can anyone verify this?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 15:31
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: SIG p226 mags

I've tried, but without seccess. I've also tried doing work with the follower (little seccess) and cutting out the recessed tabs in the 228 mags along the sides.

.40S&W magazines will generally hold +3 9MM however it doesn't work out that well the other way around. What gun are you working with the P226 or P229?

I eventually broke down and purchased some 229 hicaps .357/.40 =(
 #3 
Old 2002-12-12, 15:33
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: SIG p226 mags

I'd love to get a hold of a couple of them seventeen round flush fit mecgar mags for the 9MM P226 =)

Or even a couple fifthteen round flush fit mecgar mags for the 228 =)

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-12-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-12, 19:09
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: SIG p226 mags

226. for some reason i knew poop was going to be able to help me. but i probably will get some .40/.357 mags cause i haven't ever shot .357sig and want to see what it's like. also i can't wait to shoot the p226.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-12, 20:28
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: SIG p226 mags

Unmarked hicapicity magazines for the P226 .357/.40 are costly and diffacult to find, reason being many people argue that the P226 (in this caliber configuration) was not introduced until after the ban.

I really don't think sig sauer has ever commented on this and nor will they.

People just don't have better things to do with their time. The same people that claim "oh your magazine is not legal" are the same people who bitch about the ban. Which makes no sense to me.

If it's unmarked and reasonably priced go for it. Hypothetically speaking if you were to acquire marked magazines, dremel's have gone done significantly in price =)

Keep in mind that .357SIG and .40S&W will function reliably in the same magazine for they are interchangable. You can even use the same recoil spring for both calibers.

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-12-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-12-12, 20:43
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: SIG p226 mags

thank you. i was going to ask that. thats cool you can just switch barrels and get a whole new gun(sort of). what's .357sig like? if you could compare to another popular auto cartridge? i'm probably going to look at some ballistics now but i wanted some experience. i know its a broad question but i want to know your USP(no specific configuration) vs SIG opinion. i just wanted to know cause we looked at both but decided on SIG first cause well...i dunno. they seem so well crafted and reliable not saying that the USP isn't but some people are a sucker for that swiss engineering.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-12, 21:00
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: SIG p226 mags

Technically yeah.. a simple barrel change and in a manner of speaking you've got a entirely new gun!

.357SIG does have a really hot feel to it. I'm starting to practice up on double taps and rapid fire which isn't that diffacult at all. Just have to get used to the increase in recoil. It's more of a snappy sensation when compared to the .40S&W. A tad louder in my opinion as well. I love it though =)

Yesterday at the range with the .357SIG... Both lanes on either side of me were in use. Two individuals, one was shooting a 9MM and the other .32ACP and a .38special.

Target was at tweleve yards out.

I let off a quick string of five rounds from my .357SIG drawing from concealment, 3 COM shots from using the CAR method (center access relock) slightly above the hip and then followed with two head shots in a modified weaver stance. They stopped shooting and were like "wtf was that?"

Rapid shots with that caliber are a earth shaker, it's funny and fun as hell =)

Try letting off a couple without wearing protection =)

It's not bad, but something you're ears have to get used to.

SIG vs HK.

Generally my first choice would be the sig.

Although the HK USP FULLSIZE .45 takes first place when compared the the SIG P220 .45

Many people gripe about the triggers in the hk compacts. Which is true, the double action pull is not that friendly. Although anyone can switch out to a reduced power recoil spring which helps considerably. Also do it yourself trigger jobs are not hard. Basically, detail strip your gun and polish all the metal components that deal with trigger/hammer engagement. Reshaping of the sear and other components are a little more tricky but can do wonders when it comes to trigger pull and disengagement.

Stock SIG triggers are pretty sweet.

Some people bitch about "long reset" in sig triggers but i really don't see the difference when compared to other pistols?

You'll also hear some bullshit from a lot of glock'ers... generally the "sig's and hk's have a higher barrel axis thus more muzzle flip" which is bullshit.

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-12-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics