About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-09, 20:27
chicox111 chicox111 is offline
Regular
 
Default .22 blank pistol convertion

hey does any one has take a .22 blank pistol and make it a real .22
 #2 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:14
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

No, however i always wondered what would happen if you took a flare gun, loaded a tweleve guage shotgun slug into it and pulled the trigger?

****DISCLAIMER - This will probabaly kill you =) - DISCLAIMER****

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-10-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:12
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

That probably wouldn't feel too good.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-10, 02:48
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

lol anything expressed in the above posts is truely a bad idea!
 #5 
Old 2002-12-11, 00:31
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

����I'll bet most third graders can spell "third grader", too.
����I think an exploding .22 short is unlikely to kill you. It certainly won't be pleasant, but unless it burrows into your brainstem you'll probably survive.
����It's still a bad idea, though.

~Zero
 #6 
Old 2002-12-11, 00:59
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

blah blah blah, deleted khaine rant

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-20-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-12-11, 01:23
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

khaine rant is deleted.

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-20-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-12-11, 11:09
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

����Addendum: Without adding a proper barrel to the converted blank firing gun it will not be accurate. Not even close to accurate. The barrel will probably be crooked from being drilled out and it will obviously not be rifled. You may be able to peg people about ten feet away, but don't expect to be able to mix it up with someone with a real gun.

~Zero
 #9 
Old 2002-12-11, 22:52
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

I can't believe I posted three times regarding that loser.

Rant deleted.

[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 12-20-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-12, 03:12
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

Poor chicox111.

I wonder if he got anything from all this...outside of the entertainment value ;-)
 #11 
Old 2002-12-20, 13:07
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

you know what i'd like to do? saw off a shotgun so far that when you insert a shell, it extends outside the barrel. imagine the grouping on that sucker. also imagine just staring into a big red pucker before it blasts you. ha ha.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-20, 18:10
MagKnightX MagKnightX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

What about taking a 12 gauge flare and putting that in a shotgun? Ooooh. That would suck for the person on the wrong end, definitely, and possibly the guy on the right end.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:11
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

Color me confused.

A flare in a shotgun?

Why not just use the flaregun? It's a lot easier to jam up against their belly before pulling the trigger ;-)

cc
 #14 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:51
digitalnoah digitalnoah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

You can definitely do that. Last July 4th, I went out on the water with a couple of friends and put some 12 gauge flares through a mossbert 590. They went a couple hundred yards up, popped and made a nice glow over the water. Only problem was the fouling in the barrel. It got real gunky real fast.

Advantage of Shotgun over flaregun? Capacity.

Although, HK does make a semi-auto flare gun. Not 12 gauge but stil... It looks a bit like a tazer. I'll see if I can dig up a link to a pic.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:53
digitalnoah digitalnoah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

down at the bottom
http://www.azweapons.com/HKSpecial.html
 #16 
Old 2002-12-21, 03:21
blacksheep18 blacksheep18 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: .22 blank pistol convertion

ok I'm going to set the record strait here:

you cannot fire real shot or slugs from a flaregun.

#1 the reciol would break your wrist

#2 The material is no where rated to hold the same pressure of a real 12 the gun would "blow up" in your hand.

#3 shooting flares and similar ammo in a real shotgun is ok, keep in mind you will have to clean your shotgun more often than regular real ammo

It is possible to convert a .22 blank gun into a .22 at least in the same sense a a flare gun can fire a .22 you will need to take the actual chamber and make a copy using high strenth iron at the weakest, a 6mm drill and reamer set will make a moderately accurate .22 barell. You will have to be an amature machinist with access to raw material and a small capacity mill or lathe, depending on your modifications. being in the great country of america I having the skills I can make these kinds of things legally but, theres not much more skill in making a good custom combat grade handgun or rifle like a 1911 beretta or AR-15 than a cheap ass barely leagal saturday night special. I would rather invest my time in making somthing more valuable than a pos street gun. hell, in america if your the right guy and you get the right papers you can build your own machine gun manufacturer for around a few hundred dollars last I heard legally. Oh yeah P.S. don't do illegal stuff especially if you live in europe the poor guy who lived in the UK who built a machine gun for his own peronal amusment and was "never ever intended for use in any crime ever" ((((((according to the D.A. who prosecuted him))))) got some a year in jail. I love the europes live free un-official motto but the gun thing is just silly the only people who have guns are the few hunters and the violent criminals.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics