About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-01, 01:36
lamar lamar is offline
Regular
 
Default I've got an invention

I've come up with a belt fed system for the ruger 10-22, do you think it would sell? The belt capacity ranges from 50 -250 rounds depending on belt length and the belt is contained in a fiberglass drum. Dont know what the legalities would be like in the usa, need some input.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-01, 01:46
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: I've got an invention

so you have a working prototype? or just an idea? if you only made 10 round belts and small cylinders i think it would be legal.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-01, 04:05
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

Tecnicaly they would be illegal unless the belts were 10 rnds or less and could not be joined togeather. That would violate the Crime Bill of 94.

There was a .22 machinegun that ran off of cloth belts. If you could make your 10/22 feed off of those belts it would be legal.

How are you getting the feeder paws to accuate off of the recoil of a .22?
 #4 
Old 2002-11-01, 04:34
blacksheep18 blacksheep18 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

cool Idea but, the assholes in washington say you can't have a belt unless it was made before 94'. ALTHOUGH there are WAYS around this, legal ways, make one FOR an officer or soldier I'm preety sure thats legal.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-01, 13:50
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

I will have to check into this deeper but I don't think any law prohibits a belt-fed semi-auto. The laws as they stand now concern clip capacity, 'assualt rifles', and your larger 'destructive devices' but I don't think anywhere in there was any mention of a belt-feed. Seeing as a belt-fed weapon is more of a stationary device, very tough to carry around and shoot without the belt jamming from enertia.

As the same way the law does not effect you if you want to have a .22 caliber gatling gun with a 150 round drum. Because it is technically a single-shot with a gravity feed it is exempt.(Just another thing Global has the plans for sitting on a shelf.)

If it turns out that your belt-feed system is exempt, and it works, I would buy one.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-01, 20:44
lamar lamar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

the system runs off of the mechanism from a cordless screwdriver, with the belt made from a durable plastic. The rechargable batteries are held inside the buttstock, and is operated from a microswitch behind the trigger. Recoil is not a factor in reliability, my only concern is keeping the weight down to a minimum and manufacturing a product that is not only rliable but affordable. I was amzed when i saw footage of an american 180 and thought there may be a market for a high capacity .22 that has not had major problems with parts breakage and reliability.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-01, 23:30
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

I shot an American 180 once. The primary sear would not reliably engauge, so when I tried to fire a short burst it kept going. I had to grab the bolt handle to make it stop.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-02, 00:56
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

It legal if you register it with some place, i forget what it is, read the thread by i love poop about what gun he should get next. then look for the link he gave me.

CTR
 #9 
Old 2002-11-02, 01:23
PhoeniXKEA PhoeniXKEA is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've got an invention

look at any shotgun news,they advertise semi-auto belt fed guns in there all the time. The guns are new production of WWII belt fed machine guns. Since these are basicly redesigned new production, I'm sure it would be legal, as long as it's not capable of automatic fireing
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics