About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-28, 15:45
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Springfield XD

Does anyone out there own or have fired the Springfield Xd? Springfield is jumping on the polymer band wagon here.
I'm interested because Springfield makes great weapons, and this pistol is very cheap (for it's class). i belive it's $489. If i get one i want to get one soon because in my experience once a pistol makes a name or gets a reputation, the price goes through the roof.
Just wanted to know what you guys think?
Also how do you like polymer pistols in general?
I like the feel and weight of steel in my hand, but polymer pistols are pretty nice judging by the Sig pro and glocks.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-28, 23:24
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Springfield XD

I've heard mixed reviews on them. Springfield has never let me down on the wuality of any of their firearms, so I have faith in it even without firing one. Some people love it, but others despise it. I want to fire one pretty bad, but can't find one to shoot.

Polymer pistols are pretty good. Alot of people criticize them without knowing how durable they actually are.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:34
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Springfield XD

i just feel like a pussy with a plastic gun
 #4 
Old 2002-10-29, 01:04
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Springfield XD

I don't like polymer framed pistols because the heavy slide slamming back and fourth on a relativley light frame results in marginaly sharper recoil.

In defence of polymer, metalergicily it is superior to steel.

For that much money you could get a glock and have a battle proven pistol. Not that I have ever heard anything bad about the new springfield pistols.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-29, 03:32
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Springfield XD

Another alternative I would reccomend would be the Walther P99QA. Espically if you're considering polymer. I see them in the neighborhood of $500.00

The only springfield pistol I every owned was the 1911 Springfield V10 Ultra Compact double stacker. I would give it a 6 out 10 rating.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-30, 15:05
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Springfield XD

that walther pistol looks like something out of logans run. not that looks are everything, but that's just goofy.
The Glocks are going up in price over the past couple years. Most are at least $600 now. Not that they aren't worth it, but if i got a springfield, and it turned out to be good, in a couple of years it would probably go from $500 to $600+. I just wouldn't want to find out too late that i should have got one when they first came out.
I know springfield enough to know they won't put out a shoddy piece, but it could be inferior to other polymer pistols.

I'd like to find one available to shoot, but no luck as of yet.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics