About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-27, 04:17
PretiaCruento PretiaCruento is offline
Regular
 
Default Potatoes for silencers...

I've heard potatoes can be used for silencers (yeah, right). Although it sound shitty to me, what do you think? Sounds like a damn hick made that one up. "Well you go down to the gen'ral store, picks yurself up a spud and a roll-o-duct tape, throw it all together and you gots yurself a sound soo-preshun systum!"
 #2 
Old 2002-10-27, 05:44
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: Potatoes for silencers...

heres what you do

stick the spud up your arse and fuck off.


i should have my own tv show.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-27, 11:46
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Potatoes for silencers...

Sort of.

I imagine the potato method works just like the cotton-in-the-muzzle trick. It does a little to dampen the shockwave from the propellant firing, but does nothing for the sound of the round itself (especially if you're not using subsonic ammo).

In short, forget about it.

~Zero
 #4 
Old 2002-10-27, 14:05
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Potatoes for silencers...

That was another test I was going to conduct up to the compound that I just haven't gotten to yet. I'm assuming to use a .22 Ruger Automatic, bore a hole big enough to grip the end of the barrel tightly and run a small drill the rest of the way through so as not to plug the barrel.

I have heard this works, but it is only good for one shot. Wondering....Idaho or Michigan Russet?

Afterwards I'll post results and pictures.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-27, 17:05
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Potatoes for silencers...

lol good luck global, save some to make potatoe chips.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics