About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-26, 23:41
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

I'd like to know how to make a silencer, if anyone could tell me, that would be great.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-27, 01:57
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

It is legal for people to make scilencers if they follow the proper procediers. I am fairley sure that this is the procedure. People should check with the ATF to be sure before trying this. If this plan deviates from the proper way it is not by design, and no intent exists on my part to conspire to violate the national firearms act. The scilencers will not be transferable unless they are made by class 2 manufactures.

1. Obtain the proper forms from the ATF.
2. Fill them out and have your cheif local law enforcement agent sign off on them.
3. Send them in with the $200 fee
4. Wait for 4 months to forever for the ATF to send you the proper liscence.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-27, 01:46
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

They are to hard to make, and just as illegal.

CTR
 #4 
Old 2002-10-27, 14:18
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Contrary to popular belief, they are not hard to make. I won't go into those expedient "pvc pipe" types or anything else like that.

Your standard metal silencer consists of approximately 8 inch of barrel extension, an outer tube a little shorter than the extension, two end caps(one threaded to attach to the barrel), a center spacer, and some window screen and steel wool or fiberglas packing.

The pamphlet by Mr. Bill Holmes on silencer making is by far the best, pictures, directions, and tips that are readable and understandable by anyone with a junior high education. It explains how to make a silencer for a .22, .25, .32, and a .38 caliber.

But this is all hypothetical, because it is illegal to do this, and none of us would ever want to break the law.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-27, 15:08
lamar lamar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

first of all these things will get you serious time in prison if youre caught with one. that said, go do a patent search and look at the latest designs which use bevelled diversion passage pairs machined onto the baffels. study the drawings and learn something or read the excellant book by paladin press called suppresor history and performance. a lot of the info on silencers out there is shit. stay away from any design that doesnt require a lathe because the can must be concentric with the the barrel on the weapon. if it seems too good to be true it probably is. stay away from pvc, bottlecaps and other shit like that. the weapon used must also fire subsonic ammo, or you will get a balistic crack. dont try usining freeze plugs or muffler pipe either, those books that recomend materials like that are garbage.do your homework, anything woth doing takes time. if this doesnt help you use a pillow
 #6 
Old 2002-10-29, 02:11
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Sounds good. A well "oriented" gun person of mine said that a disposable one is just a sodapop bottle...put it over the barrel and fire (good for only 1 maybe 2 or 3 shots).
The previous information is for educational use only. I will not take any responsibility if anyone tries to make the previous information.
(Heh, law classes do pay off).
 #7 
Old 2002-10-29, 03:28
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
Violators may be fined not more than $250,000, and imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both. In addition, any vessel, vehicle or aircraft used to transport, conceal or possess an unregistered NFA firearm is subject to seizure and forfeiture, as is the weapon itself. (49 U. S. C. 781-788, 26 U. S. C. 5861, 26 U. S. C. 5872)


Besides, the (legal) manufactered supressors are 10 times better than what you can construct out of everyday household items.

BTW - as far as terminology goes "silencers" are for hollywood. "supressors" are the real deal.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-30, 02:14
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
Originally posted by Gold Knight:
Sounds good. A well "oriented" gun person of mine said that a disposable one is just a sodapop bottle...put it over the barrel and fire (good for only 1 maybe 2 or 3 shots).
The previous information is for educational use only. I will not take any responsibility if anyone tries to make the previous information.
(Heh, law classes do pay off).



That was in the Steven Segal movie, Under Siege.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-30, 04:50
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
That was in the Steven Segal movie, Under Siege.


Actually it was in the steven segal movie, Fire Down Below.

lol two liter bottle..
 #10 
Old 2002-10-30, 19:46
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Touche...
 #11 
Old 2002-10-30, 22:57
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Get a potato. Cram it in the front, shoot.
Just joking, but if that is real, then kick ass.

SYNTEX
 #12 
Old 2002-10-31, 08:16
fear_the_bunny fear_the_bunny is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

I'm not sure if this is up, but for low-caliber handguns and even some rifles, you can make a very basic silencer by taping a plastic coke bottle over the muzzle. If you fill it with steel wool 1/2 way, it reduces the sound even more, but is REALLY innaccurate. As in you've got about three feet to bank on. This removes a lot of the bullet's rifle marks as well - not enough to prevent positive ID but enough to make it weak evidence.

Yes, it is illegal. But worrying about that sort of thing really does undercut the purpose of a site like this, doesn't it?
 #13 
Old 2002-10-31, 15:09
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
This removes a lot of the bullet's rifle marks as well - not enough to prevent positive ID but enough to make it weak evidence.


lol no.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-31, 17:36
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

You got a chuckle out of that one too Mr. Poop?
 #15 
Old 2002-11-01, 21:46
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

I hate to break this one to ya bud, but whenever you shoot a gun w/rifling...the rifling is pretty burned into the projectile. The only way to cover it up is to take the bullet out of whatever/whoever you just shot, and either run like a mother or put it in some acid...And most of all "DENY EVERYTHING"...yes feel free to use the previous quote.
~Gold Knight
P.S. Yeah I got a laugh outta that one also.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-04, 08:12
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Iv held and examined a rifle silincer. The metal tube was about 6inch long. it looked like a series of washers were placed in side, about half an inch apart. They also have to be small enough (thin) so that u can still see with ur sites and them not get in the way.

___________________
I I I I I I I

I I I I I I I
-------------------

Kinda like that
 #17 
Old 2002-11-05, 22:30
HailHound HailHound is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

step 1: take standard pillow
step 2: cut hole in pillow
step 3: stick gun inside pillow
step 4: fire gun inside pillow
step 5: buy new pillow

addendum: this is great, because with most other silencers, you can't put your head on them and go to sleep!
 #18 
Old 2002-11-06, 08:33
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Shoot deaf people.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-08, 10:32
BlowStuffUp BlowStuffUp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

Check out the plans on how to make a silencer out of lego in bad ideas, i have not checked this one out. personally I think it is BS but, it might work.

you could always ask your local "connection" for a silencer he can usually get you one pretty cheap.

you can also put a file up und down the barrel to distort the rifling, so that any bullets to go through the gun afterwards will not match the ones that were shot previously to the fileing
 #20 
Old 2002-11-08, 10:58
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
Originally posted by BlowStuffUp:
you can also put a file up und down the barrel to distort the rifling, so that any bullets to go through the gun afterwards will not match the ones that were shot previously to the fileing


Wouldn't that fuck up the accuracy of the bullets shot afterwards?
 #21 
Old 2002-11-08, 14:39
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
Originally posted by TigerJK:
Wouldn't that fuck up the accuracy of the bullets shot afterwards?


Slightly. Buggering up the crowning on the barrel will have a similar effect, but with any luck (and a round with a decent amount of inertia behind it) you shouldn't throw it off too much. Insofar as I know.

Now, the best way to do it would be to simply switch barrels (have one you use for legit purposes and several more for crime) or simply wrap some sandpaper around a bore snake and have at it. As long as you more or less follow the rifling your accuracy should be close enough for government work.

~Zero
 #22 
Old 2002-11-08, 18:24
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
step 1: take standard pillow


lol no, you'll fuck up a good pillow that's about all.
 #23 
Old 2002-11-09, 02:34
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
Actually it was in the steven segal movie, Fire Down Below.



Are you sure? I could've sworn it was Under Siege.

 #24 
Old 2002-11-09, 02:40
static_firefly static_firefly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

If u file up the rifleing in the barrel then they will just look for bullets that are all fucked up. unless its smooth bore no matter what u do will leave a mark on the bullet
 #25 
Old 2002-11-09, 18:44
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Can anyone tell me how to make a silencer?

quote:
Are you sure? I could've sworn it was Under Siege.


Yup, it was fire down below. The one sceen in the oil refinery.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics