|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-21, 06:55
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
I don't know what to purchase next...
After going over my bills for the next month, I realized I have some money to spare. It's time to add another firearm to my collection although i'm really drawing a blank as to what type of gun to get.
I sold my HK USP TACTICAL a while back so I no longer have a .45 for some reason I never got that good with this gun.
I was thinking, perhaps maybe it's time to give the .45 caliber a try again. Keep in mind I do not really favor most 1911 colt/copies. Generally i'm looking for something to carry, has a decent capacity (10+) and i'm not sure if i want to pick up another full size HK or not.
I'd settle if I could find a decent preban AR15 lower, I suppose.
Any suggestions? I'm looking to spend a MAXIMUM of $800.00
|
|
#2
 2002-10-21, 23:36
|
crazy mofo 666 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
one of those new kimber ultra ten 45 with polmyer lower would be pretty sweet
|
|
#3
 2002-10-22, 01:46
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
para ordinance makes some hard core hicap 45s
|
|
#4
 2002-10-28, 15:40
|
ubermutant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
man i was at the range one day and this guy let me fire his kimber gold match. he said it cost $1100. It was the sweetest pistol i've ever fired. I punched out the 10 ring from the one clip i fired. it was great, but way out of my price range. But, judging from that, kimber makes excellent weapons.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-28, 22:42
|
girlzlover7 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
I have never fired a gun at a range but have gotten to shoot some of my friends guns out in the woods
I like the glock 19 best
|
|
#6
 2002-10-28, 23:15
|
Genital-Warfare 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
How much do you have to spare, save up for a while (a long while) and get a full auto lisence.
CTR
|
|
#7
 2002-10-29, 03:38
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
quote: para ordinance
The P14 is probabaly a really nice gun, however i've never been to fond of 1911 style pistols. Ditto on the kimber. quote: and get a full auto lisence.
You don't need a license to possess a nfa firearm (full auto, supressor, aow, sbr, etc). Only if you intend to deal, then you need a license. Otherise each Class III/NFA firearm you purchase you get a seperate, item specific registration for. You have to submit a Form Four, which requires a sign off from the CLEO (chief law enforcement officer) in your jurisdiction. The sherif in my area will not sign the form. More information on this can be found here... http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#m
|
|
#8
 2002-10-29, 03:40
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
I am considering on saving up the $3,000.00 (give or take a few hundred) and getting a preban HK 93 with all the goodies. Then later on, pick up a full auto sear, trigger pack, bolt, etc.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-30, 00:24
|
Genital-Warfare 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
Are you seriuos, you dont need i lincens for full auto guns, i was watching this gun show on tnn, the name is on the tip of my tonge but i cant get it. They said a licenes is like 2grand is required for full auto guns. The scarys part of this was seeing a 13 year old with an mp5 on similar im not sure but i think it was a hk.
CTR
|
|
#10
 2002-10-30, 00:43
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
american shooter?
|
|
#11
 2002-10-30, 04:58
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
quote: Are you seriuos, you dont need i lincens for full auto guns
quote: They said a licenes is like 2grand is required for full auto guns.
I really don't know how many times i've already covered this topic (regarding class iii/nfa firearms), but allow me to briefly recap... (*) You don't need a license to possess a class iii/nfa firearm (full auto, supressor, sbr, aow) unless you plan to be a dealer. (*) However you must prior to obtaining the firearm you must fill out a form (generally a form four) and send it off to the NFA office. You wait for the paperwork to be processed then you basically recieve a item specific registration. Then after completed the process you can go pick up the item from the dealer. (*) These items are not legal in every state. quote: Are you seriuos
I really have no clue what you are attempting to tell or ask me here. I hope I may have cleared things up for you. Any other questions please feel free to ask.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-30, 22:42
|
RipSlider 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
Why not just get a Browning Hi-Power in a .45?
They're a little big, but you know for a fact they'll never let you down. I wantched one get run over by a APC and when it was scrutinered, it was passed as undamaged, and put back into the aurmory.
They are a pretty 1911 ish though.
RipSlider
|
|
#13
 2002-10-31, 01:50
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
It's about time you came back around.
|
|
#14
 2002-10-31, 01:52
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
quote: Originally posted by RipSlider: They are a pretty 1911 ish though.
That's because John Browning designed both of them around the same time.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-31, 15:08
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I don't know what to purchase next...
I've got my eye on a two tone 229 .40 with a .357sig factory conversion barrel. :0
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|