About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-20, 23:56
ac/dc-grenade ac/dc-grenade is offline
Regular
 
Default IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

HOW MANY PLP ARE GOING TO OR ARE IN THE MILITary?dont give me any shit bout that it sucks .military dont suck its just you in the in side telloing you to be a pussy
 #2 
Old 2002-10-21, 00:46
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

I am in the infantry, and since I have been in I have only met a hand full of people who know anything about weapons and most of them knew what they now know before they joined.

Infact I have met very few people who scored over 85 on their ASVAB.

What unit are you in?
Are you a POG?
 #3 
Old 2002-10-21, 14:18
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

And cut off all your hair, get kicked out of bed every morning at 5 AM, march for miles in the blistering cold, get screamed at on a regular basis by your drill instructor, and get shipped off to die in Iraq in November.

Sounds like a plan to me.

~Zero
 #4 
Old 2002-10-22, 09:57
RipSlider RipSlider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

Zero:

Sometimes it's not all bad. I got given a SECOND fried egg a few weeks ago!

Anyway, at least I get to be entertained by the poverty of the UK military. Examples are:

Sgt: Why the fuck have you got gaffer tape
on your rifle?

2 Lft: It's the only fucking thing holding
the magazine in

and

Quarter master sergant: What the fuck are those?

Private: Their me boots sarge.

What the fuck happened to them. Did your gandad leave them to you in his fucking will?

No sarge. You issued them to me a month ago. The soles have come off both of them. Can I have a new pair?

Bollocks to you. You should fucking know not to wear Standard Issue boots. Go and buy your fucking own.


It all adds to the fun.

RipSlider
 #5 
Old 2002-10-22, 12:05
KrayzieVanh KrayzieVanh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

November 12th I will be shipping out to Parris Island for USMC boot camp.

I can't wait to go. I can' wait to go thorugh USMC boot camp, I still dunno if I'm going to make it or not. I'll be memorable.

Zero- if your residing in the USA, I'll be glad I'm protecting people like you....

[This message has been edited by KrayzieVanh (edited 10-22-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-10-22, 12:43
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

You're entitled to your opinion on the matter, of course. If push comes to shove and they land on our shores I'll be right there on the front lines with you.

I tend to refrain from becoming a pawn of my government, however. Defending my country is one thing. Making the world safe for democracy by bombing the entire middle east flat is another entirely.

As they say, yours is not to question why. Yours is just to do and die...

~Zero
 #7 
Old 2002-10-23, 03:52
EXPLOSIVE805 EXPLOSIVE805 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

I was thinking about it because I really love to shoot and I am in pretty good shape and like to stay in shape. But then I thought what if I dont end up liking it. I would be stuck there for four years. Fuck that! I have a friend that is in the army reserves and went to boot camp and every thing and liked it but now about half I year later he regrets ever enrolling.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-23, 15:38
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

USMC 95-2000
Microwave radio tech(2831)
Military operations in urban terrain instructor(urban warfare)
Rifle and Pistol coach
HRST master(rapelling and helo shit, hard to explain)
pro alcoholic


I had fun until they started to get politically correct. Then it stopped being fun. Once you get promoted a few times then you become a baby sitter, but overall it was a good experience. The GI Bill is pretty nice too.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-24, 04:32
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

quote:
And cut off all your hair, get kicked out of bed every morning at 5 AM, march for miles in the blistering cold, get screamed at on a regular basis by your drill instructor, and get shipped off to die in Iraq in November.

Sounds like a plan to me.


I do respect the individuals that dedicate their life to serve their country. Who make it through boot camp (hell) till the very end. Those who fight and die, those who come home to serve another day.

Look at the statistics of the gulf war, our first strike. We suffered minimal losses. One story about a squad of US tanks (i think it was approximate 8 tanks) vs 40 some iraq vehicles. We wiped them all out, not a scratch on our side.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-24, 08:55
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
And cut off all your hair, get kicked out of bed every morning at 5 AM, march for miles in the blistering cold, get screamed at on a regular basis by your drill instructor, and get shipped off to die in Iraq in November.

Sounds like a plan to me.

~Zero




  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/amphetamines.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/gulf.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/food.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/triplex.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/move.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/rotc.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/cross.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/death.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/tokyo.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/bombs.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/you.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/blinders.jpg

  • http://homepage.mac.com/leperous/.Pictures/unclesam.jpg


quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
I do respect the individuals that dedicate their life to serve their country. Who make it through boot camp (hell) till the very end. Those who fight and die, those who come home to serve another day.



Those that die in some god forsaken foreign hellhole that we shouldn't even be at in the first place.

quote:

Look at the statistics of the gulf war, our first strike. We suffered minimal losses.



It was in the hundreds.

Although about 40% of casualties were due to friendly fire.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 10-24-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-10-26, 22:17
ac/dc-grenade ac/dc-grenade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

i know our country has its secrets and all that shit but there are some things you got to see , i know people die-turn into shit from one warday to another, but if we dont protect our country who the hell will!?!?!And yeah wars start for the stupidest shit but if you find some thing that we as americans can do to stop or prevent any more shit ill be be here reading your idea or thauht.dont let your cuntry down its""""" ONE OF A KIND""""" comepare your country w/ others and youll see freedome,and other things we and they dont have.thank you
 #12 
Old 2002-10-28, 15:06
rat_boy rat_boy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IF YOUR REALY IN TO KICKING ASS AND GUNS THEN JOIN THE ARMY !

First I would like to say that I hold no grudge toward America or its people.

This however does not make me blind to the fact that America [this is a broad and rather unfair term] does often act as an overbearing big brother.

This behaviour can often make others feel as if America considers the rest of the world to uninportant and only existing to serve YOU. This cause anger and resentment, if America stopped acting like this hostility would decrease and hopefully help the world to be a better place.

I mean not to patronise, only to open minds.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics