About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-16, 22:58
PuppetHunter PuppetHunter is offline
Regular
 
Default Building combat range... maybe.. help!

so when x-mass rolls around I�m going to buy myself my own AR-15... specifically I want something with a 16" barrel, flat top receiver, cuz them I�ll slap on a 30mm red dot sight, then I�ll get a nicer grip and I want an extended cocking handle..

I�m mostly going to be using it for varmint hunting and practicing close quarter and med. distance combat drills....

A close friend of the family has a cottage and some land in the-near-by mountains and I already have a small pistol combat course made from some really cheap steal targets...


but now I want to build something more interesting.... the problem is that steal targets are hard to work with rifle rounds� especially at close quarters� I don�t want to get shot in the foot off of a ricochet� so I�m thinking I can either carefully set up a shoot through CQ course and then maybe use steel on the med. Distance� as in 50 to 150 yards.. or� get a .22lr conversion and use that for some CQ practice�

does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the matter??
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics