|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-08, 21:23
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
ruger 10/22
im thinking of picking one up because there are so many cool mods and options for these guns. does anyone own one and if you do what do you think of the gun? is it worth the time effort and money to deck it out?
|
|
#2
 2002-10-08, 21:29
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
I don't think i've ever seen one of these up close, nor have shot one. Nor have I ever heard a single bad word about any of the ruger line of firearms.
[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 10-08-2002).]
|
|
#3
 2002-10-08, 23:45
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
My father had one when I was a kid, I shot the piss out of that gun. The only time it ever jammed was when it just got too dirty, otherwise it was a hoot. I liked his so much that I bought my own after I left home and didn't have his to shoot anymore. It has a 10 shot rotary clip, will empty that in a few seconds, and owning one is sure to make your thumb hurt from loading the magazine. You used to be able to get 25 and 50 round clips for them and then you could rock when shooting cans, now the clip costs as much as the gun.
They cheaped it up some from the originals, the butt plate is plastic now, the wood looks like walnut...but isn't, and the workmanship on the stock could be better, but as far as the action and shooting ability goes, you won't be sorry, it is a damn fun gun.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-09, 01:03
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
my sentiments exactly. and if you have the least desire to "trick out" a gun you can do a lot with the 10/22. from barrels to stocks to bipods to scopes you name it i bet there is a 10/22 that it has been done to. is it worth the time and money to add some stuff? that question can really only be answered by you. if you plan on shooting it alot then yes but if you put a lot of time and money and it just sits somewhere i dunno. so i suggest you shoot one and after you put a box of .22s through it and if you like it then buy one. shoot a couple hundred rounds in it. if you are still diggin it then add some stuff on. that way you won't be disappointed if you spent a lot of money and you dont even like it.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-10, 19:00
|
BootleggerPuFF 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
bangin gun no pun intended. shot many poor defenseless animals offa my buddies porch with ona these. my only bith is that the clips are a pain in the ass, but other than that it's very functionable. I recommend you check out the stainless or the big bore barrel model. I'd say go with both options but last I knew they didn't come factory both HBAR and stainless.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-10, 20:41
|
RipSlider 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
I was thinking of getting one myself. I think I said that when I was posting a lot. The guy at the un shop, who I have a lot of respect for, talked me out of getting one, as he and a lot of the guys at my club have had problems with them. The main one was that Jams were frequent, even with good quality ammo. Anohter problem, reported by two seperate people, was that they tend to pull to the left.
Reading both the UK and US shooting press, I see that you yanks love them, so I have a feeling that they get fucked up when they get converted for the UK market.
RipSlider.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-10, 21:18
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
I put a pistol grip on mine, and once I move to an area where it's alot more spacious, I'm going to try and build a killhouse, keep practicing.
|
|
#8
 2002-10-10, 22:45
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
i think i've had one jam. the spent cartridge got was caught by the bolt returning to prefire positiion(i dont know the name for that). i've had this one since fall of 2000.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-10, 23:16
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
Slider, I would say you guys in the UK must be getting seconds, because the one my father has (still does) and the one I have are dead nuts on out to 100 yards. I think in 10 years of shooting his I might have had 3 jams...maybe. All were my own fault for shooting so much in one afternoon or taking it out on successive days without cleaning it. I don't think the one I have now has ever jammed, except maybe once when I was shooting hollow-points. The lip of the hole in the bullet will catch the feed ramp once in a great while, but if you're shooting ball ammo you'll never have a problem.
They are just a good all-around rifle. They aren't too long, they fit kids and women, hardly any kick, simple breakdown, yes the clips suck sometime but they work really good. If you think about buying any .22 rifle, buy this one.
|
|
#10
 2002-10-11, 02:17
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
The only stoppages on my 10/22 were from me experimenting to see if 22 shotshells would feed. They did not, of course, and turned it into a bolt action, though it still worked.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-14, 15:18
|
ubermutant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
this is the rifle i learned to shoot with. I really do like them alot. There is a lot of bang for the buck, also the .22 ammo is dirt cheap. The rifle is very accurate and easy to handle. My brother has a 30 round clip and it's so easy to rapid fire (if you're into that.) There is almost non-exsistant recoil. Also this is non-practical for my purposes, but there is a kit you can buy from various places on the internet and possibly elsewhere. You need two 10-22's and combined with this kit, you have a double barrel gattling gun. It's crank activated and i just imagine it to be insanely fun. I believe they have them on auctionarms.com
anyway the 10-22 is a remarkable rifle, that is cheap, reliable, fun, accurate, and comes from a highly reputable firearms manufacturer. i'd say go for it.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-14, 21:03
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
In all fairness to the 10/22, in the interest of decency it should be mentioned that back about 20 odd years ago Sturm/Ruger Co. put the big weenie to retirees of the company when they went to court and got out of paying a large portion of them the pension that they worked long and hard for...and deserved.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-14, 23:35
|
che4rev 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
a ruger 10/22 was the first gun I ever fired when I was 4 years old. I have a specail place in my heart for them as a result.
If you want to build a bullbarreled tack driver remember to have the action floated and the glass bed the barrel. The aluminum action cannot support the weight of the barrel if you do it the other way around.
|
|
#14
 2002-10-17, 14:19
|
|
|
Re: ruger 10/22
its a great rifle, just shoddy when you accidentally eject the cartridgy, only had one misfire (heheh, I think it was a dodgy bullet) lovely
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|