|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-05, 20:11
|
digitalnoah 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Finally got that dang USC!!
What can I say... It shoots like a dream. Iron sights are functional but not extremely accurate. Thats why I got a Trijicon Reflex II. Now its all 'x ring' at 50 yards. The only thing I dont like is the 'thumbhole' stock. Damn import laws. If I get the SW conversion (so it'll accept m3 grease gun mags *30 rnds comin at ya!*), I'll have the right US parts count to dremel off the stupid crossbar. I'd love to hear what anybody else has to say about it
|
|
#2
 2002-10-08, 21:22
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Finally got that dang USC!!
lol nice gun.. you'll have to try to post some pics when you're all done with it.
Soon i'm going to trick out my AR15. Just got some bills to address first.
I didn't realize there was a magwell converision for the USC as well? Until now i've only heard of the SL8 magwell converision.
As I just apperantly mis-stated this information in my previous post, opps.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-10, 17:36
|
digitalnoah 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Finally got that dang USC!!
Poop: You did indeed mis-state in the calico thread. No big deal. Special Weapons makes a lower for both the USC and the SL8. Overall I've heard nothing but crap about SW when it comes to their clones (the SW3 and the SW5) but people have been putting thousands of rounds through their conversions with no problems. With both conversions you need to dremel out a small (and I mean SMALL) amount of material from the inside of the reciever. The USC conversions run flawlessly with factory m3 grease gun magazines (not para-ordinance) while the SL8 requires some tinkering to work. Only certain brand mags, ya need to upgrade the spring and use the 'green follower.' After tinkering around a bit, they also run perfectly. Not too sure about the 40 rounders though... The gas piston works pretty quickly. I think the weight of the extra 10 cartriges might be a weak point and cause some stovepiping Oh, you wanted some pics. I havent gotten the m3 conversion but it looks pretty tactical as is :-) http://phido.org/guns/noahusc/index.htm
I've put around 1300 rounds through the rifle and it only had 2 FTEs. And that was within the 1st 50 shots. Aside from that it runs perfectly. Next step is the conversion so I can cut off that damn PC 'thumbhole.' With the conversion, it has enough US made parts to get around the silly import laws.
If anybody wants a lightweight, practical, carbine-accurate home defense piece, I highly recommend picking one up.
My $.02
|
|
#4
 2002-10-10, 17:46
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Finally got that dang USC!!
Eventually one day, you'll be able to swap the USC up for the UMP :/
When we do away with ridiculous importation laws, etc.
Very pimpish gun man, now you just have to dye that stock a "evil tactical black" color to piss off the anti's.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-10, 18:40
|
digitalnoah 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Finally got that dang USC!!
(drool) UMP. That'll be the day. I live in NY so I dont think that'll happen any time soon.
I'm actually a little hesitant when it comes to dying. No data on the effect of the salts in RIT dye on polymers. Im not gonna do it if 10 years from now the reciever looks like swiss cheese. And anyway, if the mook thats shooting at me doesnt care about the color of my gun, why should I? OTOH, black looks good :-)
My next gun is either a M4gery or maybe a nice hunting rifle. 30-06 has more oomph but a 270 flies on a flatter trajectory. This is mostly theoretical because just like you and the rest of the world, I got bills to pay.
Decisions, Decisions!
|
|
#6
 2002-10-14, 06:08
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Finally got that dang USC!!
quote: M4gery
As far as that goes, i've owned my rock river arms AR for about two months now. I love it. They are gaining a lot of reputation in the AR community. Bushmaster is supposed to make a really nice rifle. All the newer rifles have a chrome lined chamber and barrel like the rock river's. If I were to go preban, i'd probabaly try and get hold of a colt lower and match it to my rock river upper.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-19, 01:41
|
digitalnoah 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Finally got that dang USC!!
Dude, not to be a troll or anything, but from every experience I've had with all brands of ARs (preban colts, olympics, bushmasters, all sorts of shit), they jam up. And jam up bad. <rant> Couple of weeks ago, I was at a range in CT. My buddy and I showed up about 2 hours after the place opened and it was a busy day. There must have been 25 or 30 guys there with all types of AR variant. A good 10 were sitting around with non-functioning rifles. The dude next to me's bolt froze in place compressing the bolt spring. Foreward assist was useless. When opened up, parts decided to explore the world on their own. Not the type of thing I'd want to happen in a pinch (Re: Night of the Living Dead scenario). </rant> Now a Robinson, thats a different story. Eugene Stoner definitely got it right. I might be willing to pay more cash for one of those. The M96 is good and civilian legal. I got a chance to shoot one last weekend. It accepts M16 type magazines, has a nice and roomy reciever (room for crud) for those days when ya gotta get rid of 150 rounds, all in 30 round mags. The only percieved downside is that its a little heavier than an AR. But even that is somewhat of an advantage when it comes to recoil and staying on target.
But then again, maybe a nice Steyr Scout in 308...
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|