About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-24, 19:21
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default What it's like ot kill...

Like the title says: I was wondering if anyone here has ever killed another human being (big assumption the the 'human' part

I'm not necessarily talking about illegal incidents. Maybe you're a cop or in the military.

I'm also not looking for macho crap like "Yeah, I killed him *reaaal* good".

The facts would be nice, but I'm mostly interested in the psychological part.

Thanks.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-25, 00:28
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

Bad subject. I understand WHY you want to know...YOU don't understand WHY neither I nor anyone else wants to talk about it.

Nox
 #3 
Old 2002-09-25, 02:36
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

I do understand why no one would want to talk about it. I was just giving it a shot.

It's not based on anything morbid. Actually, it probably sounds dumb, but I was reading a novel (The Bourne Supremecy) where people were getting killed on way or another and thought that killing someone must invoke emotions that I can't even fanthom.

One of my reasons for living is to learn. Learn just about anything and thought I should give this a shot.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Cheers
 #4 
Old 2002-09-25, 05:28
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

Reminds me of a story involving Napoleon. Slightly off subject, yet very well said.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-25, 21:34
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

I have a big sign in front of my house "Cash on premesis" to lure in some home invaders however I haven't had any luck yet :-/
 #6 
Old 2002-09-25, 22:52
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
Bad subject. I understand WHY you want to know...YOU don't understand WHY neither I nor anyone else wants to talk about it.

Nox



Because it brings back memories that people would like to just as soon forget even happened. Especially in war scenarios like nam' with all your friends getting killed as well.

 #7 
Old 2002-09-26, 02:42
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

Speaking as objectively as I can, there are usually three results in the mind of someone who has killed another human being.

1. The killer feels pained by the action. And yes, I'm aware that the word pained is an understatement, and that no words in the English language can actually convey the emotional status, but it's in the direction of pain.

2. The killer feels pleased. These are those who somehow gain a rush, high, or something from the taking of human life.

3. The killer feels absolutely nothing. Neutral. Those who feel like this are even more dangerous than those who kill for personal pleasure, because they don't stop to revel in their control over life and death.

Speaking subjectively...

I never killed anybody, as far as I know... but I came close to accidentally killing someone, a friend no less, and that feeling is not something I would wish on any other human being. The "What If" scenarios can drive a man insane. And even after he forgave me (we were little kids, he was diabetic, I didn't know that diabetes made sugar out of the question for him, hell I couldn't even PRONOUNCE diabetes, let alone know what it meant) I never really got over it.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-26, 04:13
UrbanCowboy UrbanCowboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

it's really nothing, it kinda gets boring after a while when you kill over 100 or 200 soldiers. i was playing MOHAA the other day and stayed on this cool server where it was just the V2 rocket and i killed over 200 people. pretty fun but theres nothin to it man. my weapon of choice was the thompson =) this one time i kill over 5 people at this one stage, where the allies have to set a bomb on the 88's and i was playing as the germans and had a STG44. my heart was racing like a angery cow. but yeah, it was pretty fun. you should give it a shot (<--lol) and kill some people on PC games like MOHAA. im like sooo adicted to that game as you can see =)well anyway that was my killing experience. i consider myself pretty bad ass acting like the 2nd rangers.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-26, 13:57
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

OK, maybe I wasn't specific enough about *what type* of killing.

BTW, when I play MOHAA I also use the moniker of �Who�s Your Daddy?�



[This message has been edited by Who's Your Daddy? (edited 09-26-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-09-26, 18:44
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

quote:
3. The killer feels absolutely nothing. Neutral.


I would safely assume this would be my mindset for the following reason,

If I killed someone it would be in lawful self defense of myself or a third party.

---------------------------------------------

It's not like being D.U.I and running over someone in a wheel chair with your car.

or even completely sober and running over someone in a wheel chair with your car.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-26, 19:05
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

Neutrality to killing is the contract killer/cleaner/hitman/assassin/trigger man mentality.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-02, 23:14
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

I was in basic with a guy who killed a home invader with a Mossberg Persuader. He said he was realy bothered by it and had problems sleeping for 6 months afterward. He said that he saw the face of the man he killed every time he closed his eyes to sleep during those 6 months.

Incidentaly, he was also supprised at the amount of blood and tissue that splatter when impacted at close range by OO buckshot from a cylinder choke in a 18" barrel. He said that was copious amounts of blood all over his living room.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-03, 02:42
Regular
 
Texas USA
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

quote:
Originally posted by che4rev:
Incidentaly, he was also supprised at the amount of blood and tissue that splatter when impacted at close range by OO buckshot from a cylinder choke in a 18" barrel. He said that was copious amounts of blood all over his living room.


That seems to be common for those who go through similar experiences...the shock of how much blood and tissue splatter...or just plain shock of how much blood there is outside the body in cases that don't involve shotguns...

At least all the accounts I've heard from other people seem to corroborate this...I've personally never had to perferorate someone with a firearm...
 #14 
Old 2002-10-04, 13:44
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What it's like ot kill...

My old man killed someone in a car crash.

He doesnt want to talk about it.

Peace Renegade,
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics