About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-21, 00:28
kefak kefak is offline
Regular
 
Default Compound Bow

Mabye someone could help me with this.
I have a compound in with the string and the limbs etc. in fairly good condition, won't be using it for a while, a couple of years at least.
So I was wondering if it was put into storage,probly in an attic or somewhere warm and dry, would the string need to be replaced before long bearing in mind it is not been shot at all while in storage.
I was wondering because I'av asked a few people and I'am getting conflicting answers.
Some said the tension on the string would be negligable and the bow could be stored indefinitly while others said it would have to
have a new string put on before too long.



 #2 
Old 2002-08-21, 19:02
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Compound Bow

Wax the string before and after you put it in the attic, What is the max draw weight of your bow and what is the draw weight set at right now
 #3 
Old 2002-08-21, 22:17
kefak kefak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Compound Bow

I'am not sure of the exact figures. Although I have been shooting it for a little over a year now I bought it second hand with no documentation and no markings on the bow itself.
I think the draw weight it is set at is mabye around 65lbs.
The maximum I think may be 110-120lbs.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-22, 15:05
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Compound Bow

It should be fine then.


 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics