|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-08-21, 00:09
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Woohoo new gun!
Tommorrow i'm picking up my new Walther P99 QA (quick action)! Took a couple days to get the night sights and magazines in but now the package is ready to go! Gonna hit up the range tomorrow for some R&R.
Pictures will be coming soon!
|
|
#2
 2002-08-21, 01:17
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
I thought you need to pay some bills. Isn't that why you were trying to sell your .357? Or were you selling it so you could pay your bills and get a new gun?
I've never shot a Walther. Tell me how it is when you get done.
|
|
#3
 2002-08-23, 19:56
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
in 9 or .40?
|
|
#4
 2002-08-24, 21:51
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
Heh, i'm always paying bills. But that's life.
Well I went to pick up the walther and ended up getting a great deal on a brand new Sig Sauer P228 (9MM).
Out of the box trigger pull is incrediable, very accurate even for the novice shooter, well built and made to last.
13 round factory mags i see going for about $60-75.00
13 round aftermarket mags about $25.00
I've even seen 30 round aftermarket mags for about $30.00
Plus I think they make the internal laser for this gun (the one that fits where the recoil spring/buffer is).
Hopefully next weekend i'll be able to get some range time in.
[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 08-24-2002).]
|
|
#5
 2002-08-27, 18:57
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
I picked up three (13) thirteen round magazines at $69.99 a piece including tax at my local gun store the other night. Grrrrrr LEO thirteen round mags are only $14.99!!!
From what I understand the (15) fifthteen round P226 (fullsize) magazines also work in this gun however slightly protrude from the bottom of the grip.
I'm not sure if I want to install night sights on this gun or keep the orginal sights on. It's becomming my alternate carry gun and I have night sights on my HK.
However it's a natural pointer in my hand and seems to level out on it's on.
|
|
#6
 2002-08-27, 18:59
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
I did have someone offer me a stainless Taurus PT111 as trade for the EAA .357 that was in my local area.
Icky icky taurus... no no no!
|
|
#7
 2002-08-27, 23:43
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
So the P228's working well, huh? I've been looking for a nice handgun, and Sig seems to be the best choice. Better quality than Glock, cheaper than a comparable Beretta. I guess the decision fall between the 226 and the 228, but the '28 seems more carry-friendly. Nice to hear good things about it.
|
|
#8
 2002-08-29, 19:28
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
Grab yourself a P228 and if you're like me get a P226 magazine for carry as well.
You'll have 13+1 and 15 rounds for backup.
The P226 mags do work, function flawlessly in the P228. They just stick out a bit from the bottom of the magwell.
[This message has been edited by I Love Poop (edited 08-29-2002).]
|
|
#9
 2002-08-30, 04:59
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
I'm trying to get my hands on a WWI or WWII German Mauser to go with my 1903 Springfield. I've tried Shotgun news, but all I find is Turkish, Argentinian or Swedish Mausers.
|
|
#10
 2002-08-30, 10:38
|
I Love Poop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Woohoo new gun!
Try www.gunbroker.com or www.gunsamerica.com i've made purchases off both sites before. Plenty of good reputable sellers.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|