About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-17, 03:57
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default So you need stanima/strength for yourself?

I am going to list a few easy steps to build your strength and stanima at the same time. This worked for me, but it may not work for you. When I was a freshman in high school, I was a scrawny nerd. I was 5'6", and weighed around 100 pounds! I joined the wrestling team on whim. Two weeks later I weighed around 95 pounds. All my fat was gone. Three months after that, I weighed 120 pounds. All solid muscle. Now I'm an extremely strong nerd! That is my story. And this is how I did it.

One of the most valuable techniques I learned is for doing activities such as pushups, situps, crunches, and chinups. The key is to never count. Go until you collapse. Literally. Lets say you want to do pushups and situps. Do as many pushups as you can, but DON'T count! Then immediately go to situps and do as many of those as you can. Then go back tp pushups. Then back to situps. Its ok when your amount of pushups and situps decreases each time. Do this until you can do no more. But be sure to take a couple second breaks inbetween for water!!!

For running, cycling, and rowing, you will count how much you do. Lets say today you desided to do only running. You will run 1 mile first, for a warmup. It doesn't matter how slow or fast you want to go, as long as you do the mile WITHOUT stopping. When you're finished, take a couple minute break, and then sprint a lap around the track ( or around the city block). Then run 4 miles. Doesn't matter how fast or slow you go, just DON'T stop! Then do a lap sprint, then another 4 miles at whatever speed you wish. Then sprint one more lap. Then you may walk a mile. For cycling, multiply the distance by 2. For rowing, divide the distance by two. You may also want to adjust these amount for your personal physical endurance. I am just telling you what worked for the whole wrestling team I was on.

Here is one extremely important technique for stanima. EAT RIGHT!!! Eat healthy. Don't drink sodas, no junkfood. And don't eat till you are full. Eat until you are content. It is okay to eat junkfood for special occasions though, but trust your own judgement.

I will post more valuable techniques as I remember them.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-17, 09:33
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: So you need stanima/strength for yourself?

It's spelled "stamina", not "stanima".
 #3 
Old 2002-08-17, 19:47
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: So you need stanima/strength for yourself?

I apply most of those points already, except for the bit about the junk food.

Me and my metabolism don't like you.

Come to think of it, that would make an excellent T-shirt.

~Zero the Inestimable
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics