About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-13, 00:39
EXPLOSIVE805 EXPLOSIVE805 is offline
Regular
 
Default 10 shot clip

I live in California and almost everything that has to do with guns is illegal. I was wondering where I can buy a clip for a .22 rifle that holds more than 10 shots.
THANKS
 #2 
Old 2002-08-13, 02:11
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Certainly no place in the state of California, that's for sure.

Most of the mail order folks won't sell to you either. Maybe you could look in out of state papers on the internet and mail order them that way. Other than that, you would have to know someone out of state, have them order them for you, then mail them to you.

There is a clip place down in Yuma, AZ. Forrest something or other, they have a lot of clips for everything, and they have an ad in the Shotgun news (another place you could mail order them out of, lots of personal ads in there).

No matter what, you're either going to have to travel some, or find an out of state friend.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-13, 02:35
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Fuck,

Leave California as soon as you can.

I agree with Global, find a friend in another, gun friendly state, or travel. You could start to look on ICQ or any other instant chat site
 #4 
Old 2002-08-13, 04:39
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Go to vegas. They have fairly leniant gun laws, plus you can have a little fun after you get done shopping. That's better than driving all day just to go to a gun store. Plus while you're there you can run over to the front sight range and go to the full day MP5 school for free.

I agree with the others about getting out of cali. I was at cam pendleton for awhile. That state is fun as hell, but it sucks to live there. I might move to northern arizona in a few years, but that's about as close as I'll get.

[This message has been edited by rlpinca (edited 08-13-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-08-15, 00:04
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Perhaps hit up a local gun show? Sometimes you'll find questionable items laying around on tables.

Commerical sales, no one will ship magazines greater than ten rounds to califnornia unless you are a LEO.

Private sales, most people won't either.

Modification of existing magazines could be a option however you'd be commiting a federal offense on top of any other state law you'd be breaking.

I suppose you could buy a bunch of ten rounders and pick up a mag clasps (where you can attach mag beside mag while mag is in magwell on the firearm) for quick reloads.

BTW there is a technical difference between magazines and clips. So stick with the magazines.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-15, 00:06
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

What is so sad that even if the magazine ban sunsets in 2004 (I pray it does every single night). Califnornia won't be effected by the lift of this federal law and it's citizens will still be stuck with the 10 rounders, grrr.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-16, 14:57
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

quote:
I live in California and almost everything that has to do with guns is illegal. I was wondering where I can buy a clip for a .22 rifle that holds more than 10 shots.


Although I don't necessarily agree with the gun laws in California...why is it that you need more than 10 rounds at a time?
 #8 
Old 2002-08-16, 16:35
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

You don't necessarily "need" more than 10, it's just better to have and not need. If you don't practice, it's really hard to swap magazines quickly. If you do practice it's easy to run one dry and be firing again in less that a second. But then again if you practice the chances of needing that extra magazine are slim. For .22 though it's a pain to load the magazines because the rounds are so small, so I could see where a larger magazine would come in handy just for fucking aorund.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-16, 22:23
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

ask the guy who is dead because he ran out of ammo why you need more than ten
 #10 
Old 2002-08-16, 22:43
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

In that case, you can also ask that guy where those 10 rounds went. Did they go into the nieghbor's bedroom instead of the bad guy? Most of the time if you can't hit someone with 10, you're not going to hit them with 15. Not that I agree with the ban on high cap magazines, that's not the case at all. I just think it's bad to use that as an argument against the ban.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-17, 04:27
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

quote:
Originally posted by rlpinca:
Most of the time if you can't hit someone with 10, you're not going to hit them with 15.
LOL, you have some funny ass replys to these people.

Peace CTR
 #12 
Old 2002-08-17, 20:08
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

quote:
why is it that you need more than 10 rounds at a time?


General rule of thumb, if the firearm was designed and intended to hold more than ten rounds in a factory or aftermarket magazine then it should be allowed to do just that. Not altered, not restricted.

I'm a good shot at the range however under stress I doubt I could do any better than a seasoned police vetern who lived his life on the streets.

I've read about many police shootings where the suspect was also armed and capable of delivering terminal intensity. Many rounds were exchanged that provided nothing more than covering and panic fire.

Some people also believe, limit us to ten rounds this year and then we'll see five rounds the next year and so on.

quote:
Most of the time if you can't hit someone with 10, you're not going to hit them with 15.


Actually I disagree. 5 rounds to keep you down, 5 rounds while move in effort to catch a angle on you and another 2-3+ to finish the job I started.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-17, 20:24
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Now let me tell you why this law doesn't work for the better to begin with.

The law simply states, any firearms manufactered after September 04, 1994 must be manufactered and or imported with a magazine that holds no more than 10 rounds.

The law grandfathers all magazines already in the country prior to this date and of course marked restricted use mags.

This gives us the so famiular terms we all know as POST and PRE BAN.

Generally all magazines do not have a date code or stamp.

Any hicapicity magazine produced after the ban must be marked either in "Restricted use" and or "Law enforcement use only" etc.

However in other countries such as germany, they do not have simular magazine bans.

Gun manufacters or stupid people have twisted words around and have actually had the balls to say, "Such hicapicity magazines never existed for the public and are actually stolden US government properity". Make reference to the HK USP .45 12 round magazine debate for future reading.

Many people actually believe this, however they are wrong.

Magazines enter the united states from overseas that are unmarked and resemble any other preban hicapcity magazine on a daily basis by the hundreds.

Thus creating a large market, some supply but mostly demand.

In effect making some people rich.

I wouldn't be surprised if clinton had friends overseas shipping him boxes of unmarked hicapicity magazines by the hundreds where he then sells them on the open market.

Thus creating a law, that would make him and others rich in the long run.

Do you honestly think a law abiding citizen who is also a gun owner should be limited in any way when it comes to magazine capicity?

When you can goto home depot and practically pick up all the nessacary items to manufacter a working pipe bomb.
 #14 
Old 2002-08-17, 20:58
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
Actually I disagree. 5 rounds to keep you down, 5 rounds while move in effort to catch a angle on you and another 2-3+ to finish the job I started.


But that also translates into a potential 10 or 11 victims. If it's not a well aimed shot, don't take it unless you know 100% where that round is going to end up. Hi cap magazines are no replacement for training, and if you're not going to practice regularly, then you shouldn't try to shoot at someone in defense of your life. All it takes is for a bullet aimed at a bad guy to go through a wall and into a baby's bed next door to turn a community or state into a gun grabber. And that is the exact kind of publicity that gun owners get most of the time. They hardly ever have stories in the paper or on tv about a robber getting a double tap while threatening a homeowner. You WILL see stories about a stray round though.
 #15 
Old 2002-08-18, 12:49
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Let me rephrase my question...for all general purposes, such as hunting, and shooting at a range, why would you need over 5 rounds? Sure, its convenient, and fun to plug a dear with 10 .30-06 rounds...but you don't need to. Not trying to say I think its stupid to use a 10 round magazine just sayng....uh...nm.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-18, 15:08
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 10 shot clip

Mainly because it's alot more fun to pull the trigger than it is to reload a magazine.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics