About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-06, 15:27
hallucinatorrr hallucinatorrr is offline
Regular
 
Default krav maga

Hi all,i`v been getting pretty fascinated with the US & isreali self defence system KRAV MAGA.I live in australia and am desprite to find out where i can order VHS or books on the subject.
Also i would like to read some step by step instuctions in krav maga.Thanks.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-06, 17:13
kefak kefak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: krav maga

Amazon do a lot of books a Video's on it.
Here's some links, The first is the book,second in the video.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1583940081/freebiehighwa-20/102-9485134-5450534
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967752558/freebiehighwa-20/102-9485134-5450534

 #3 
Old 2002-08-06, 19:58
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: krav maga

I don't know what you guys have down there, but Soldier of Fortune and Blackbelt magazines have lots of ads for books and videos on krav maga.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-06, 20:20
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: krav maga

I wouldn't trust a book on the martial arts to teach you anything unless you are pretty well a master in some form already.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-06, 21:57
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: krav maga

I'd say find a place that teaches it, no book can substitute someone that's mastered it, I know this for a fact as I tried to learn krav maga from videos before I actually went and took a course taught by someone who really knows what he's doing. Incredible differance
 #6 
Old 2002-08-06, 22:42
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: krav maga

I saw a show on tlc about it, it was called the ultimate ten martal arts. Go to Discovery.com or tlc.com and look for show videos.

CTR
 #7 
Old 2002-08-07, 09:52
Dwarven_Commando Dwarven_Commando is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: krav maga

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Smithee:
I wouldn't trust a book on the martial arts to teach you anything unless you are pretty well a master in some form already.


I'm blackbelt in Akido, a Sensei in Ninpo, and a fairly decent Kenjutsu practitioner, and I still wouldn't recommend trying to learn anything out of a book.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics