About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-04, 20:10
Thug_Jones Thug_Jones is offline
Regular
 
Default A dumb idea for shotgun load?

Alright, I think this is a dumb idea, but here it goes. I was talking to a friend and we got onto the subject of shotgun ammo. Well he said that a good shotgun load is this homemade stuff he cooks up. This he does by cracking open the crimped end of a shotgun shell and pouring the bb's out. Now he puts in 22 bullets that he has ripped out of the shells. He says this will make a very leathel (sp?) shot. I told him I dont know if thats good for the gun at all. I also told him that they made this wonderful load for shotgun, called BUCKSHOT or even another called SLUGS. But he says its perfectly fine. Tell me, is this safe for the gun? He says to use an old single shot half choke. I am beggining to think he has smoked himself retarded.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-04, 21:28
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A dumb idea for shotgun load?

It shouldn't hurt the gun any. they are mad of lead just like the shot and buckshot are. They probably won't do worth a shit though.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-04, 22:44
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A dumb idea for shotgun load?

I would imagine the pattern would be all over the place, pellets/BB's tend to go in the direction you aim them and spread a little, but a bunch of .22 leads would catch more air/resistance and tend to kite in every direction imaginable. You range would suck because of same and actual hits in say, a thirty inch circle like you're supposed to use when you pattern a shotgun would be in the range of what you could count on one hand.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-05, 00:17
Thug_Jones Thug_Jones is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A dumb idea for shotgun load?

Well my curiousity overwhelmed me, and I just got back from testing it. I used 7 22 leads in a 20 ga. shell. The gun i used was an old 20 ga singleshot half choke. Well I stood about 40 feet away from the base of a dead tree located in our pasture and fired. I counted 7 rather large holes in the tree bunched toghether in about a 10-12 in. radius. It ok i guess. maybe a 12 ga would have better results, but im not about to go do that with my nice new winchester pump.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-05, 00:25
Thug_Jones Thug_Jones is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A dumb idea for shotgun load?

Ah while Im on the subject of interesting shotgun loads, I tryed somthing new. i trust all of you have a pellet rifle of some sort, one that has a chamber that opens up and slides the bb in. Well, I was thinking up a way to make a shotgun like load with it. I knew bbs wouldnt work because they would be too small and would get stuck and fall inside the gun. I was using my old pellet rifle which is worth absolute shit, so i had nothing to worry about in terms of destructing it. I took some lead pellets that my dad gave me a LONG time ago. He gave me alot, a whole fuckin crate/box. Well anyways I took a whole bunch of them, flattened them and shreded them into basic twisted chunks and stips of lead. I carefully placed them in the chamber untill it was full an shut it. i pumped it 10 times and fired at a packaged bale of manure. The results were pretty good. I fired from about 20 ft and it ripped alot of holes into the bag. I played around with this all day and had some fun with it. Dunno if its worth anything but it was sure fun. Probably not good for the gun tho.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-05, 01:48
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A dumb idea for shotgun load?

My favorite was taking my Daisy Eagle Pellet gun and loading the pellet in backwards, then floating a beer can downriver a ways then shooting it. It would rip a gigantic hole in the can and sink like a lead balloon
 #7 
Old 2002-08-05, 11:33
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A dumb idea for shotgun load?

Bah. I can use my XS-B3 and shoot a can with a chinese match wadcutter and tear it in half.

For the most part, the optimal load for a shotgun will be little lead balls of the size of your choice. You have to figure that they've been making the things like that for a couple hundred years now for a reas
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics