About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-12, 20:34
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Firearms Legal Reference Website!

This website is very accurate and up to date regarding firearm laws state by state. Also lists some key federal provisions regulating firearms.
http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/content/home.asp

Very easy to navigate through as well.
http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/index.htm

ATF Online.

Now regarding concieled weapons permits, carry issues, etc.
www.packing.org
www.ccwforums.com

Despite the fact that I don't care for glock pistols www.glocktalk.com has two forums which tend to be informative;

CopTalk & Carry Issues

 #2 
Old 2002-05-15, 01:59
Shadow Spawn Shadow Spawn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

It's really a shame that they compare the VEPR with the AK-47. That is like telling Mikhail Kalashnikov that he copied the Sturmgewher(p.s. that really pisses him off)

I still must percieve that precision weapons are far more deadly than a assault rifle. They are not as effective in CQB but they are still able to kick some serious ass!

Simply stated I would take a AI over a AK anyday.

Shad

"One Shot, One Kill!"


p.s. Thanks for the links

 #3 
Old 2002-05-15, 04:38
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

An assault rifle isn't ment for deliberate killing so much as for supressing and enemy and allowing manuver against them.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-17, 06:00
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

GLOCK'S ARE THE BEST HANDGUNS OVERALL.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-17, 18:50
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

Few problems I have with glocks:

1) Tend to explode (due to unsupported chamber).

2) Cheap plastic factory sights tend to move on you and even sometimes fall off!

3) Cheap plactic factory recoil rod (absorbs a lot of energy) tends to snap on you.

4) No decocker or external safety.

5) You pay out your ass for preban factory highcapicity DROPFREE magazines. When 99.9% of the other firearm manufactuers don't make anything that isn't dropfree!

One positive thing about Glocks:

1) Generally out of the box they have a incrediable trigger.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-18, 04:32
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

never in my life have i heard of one exploding. nor have i heard of the sites falling off.

i have a g22. i have preban 15 round mags. an alternative to buying pre ban mags are mag extentions. i have a couple of 10 rounders converted to 14 rounds. cost 30 dollars compared to 130 or so for 1 xtra round.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-18, 17:49
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

Alot of the subcompacts were having problems. I actually got a glock rep to admit this so to me before quickly recanting and changing his statement.

I temporary owned a first generation glock 17. I was looking into a baby glock a while ago for *ultra concielment* but every time I went to pick up one of those pistols they just feel so cheap. I suppose I was spoiled by my hk's.

A search on the internet will reveal many sources documenting a glock KB or other mishap.

I only personally know of one shooter that had faulty factory (the cheapo plastic) sights move on him after two days of ownership and after many attempts of reshipping to correct the problem glock just ended up replacing the pistol completely. Only now it came went a bent hammer strut and faulty strut spring. So once again the process began.
 #8 
Old 2002-05-20, 05:12
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

what kind of hk's you have?
 #9 
Old 2002-05-20, 21:38
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

A older topic refering to my firearm collection, HK and NON HK.
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum29/HTML/000442.html

No new additions since then, been too busy with work to even go shooting.


 #10 
Old 2002-05-20, 22:12
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

I'm far from being a glock fan but I have to admit that I've never seen one fuck up except for magazine problems. I've seen high end Kimbers and HKs break but never a cheap ass glock. The unsupported chamber is something I've heard being a problem though. Is that just a problem for the .40 or all of them?
 #11 
Old 2002-05-21, 01:40
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

First off a KB! (kaboom) can happen in all types of firearms and all types of calibers. However the .40 (would also include the .357sig cartidge) glock reportively has a higher frequency of doing so, primary do to the unsupported chamber.

When we're talking unsupported chamber we're talking about exposed brass, specifically at the six o'clock position, resulting in most kb's blowing the magazine clear out of the gun (damaging other components, barrel, etc.)!

This I tested myself by taking a barrel from a glock 40 and a barrel from a hk 40 and sig 40, dropping various ammo types into each one and inspecting the area around the feedramp. Noticeably the glock leaves more exposed brass.

Others have indicated that kbs frequently result in poor reloads. Since the .40 and .357sig is a high pressure round, quite possibly a weakened spent cartridge adds to the unpredictability of such a event happening.
 #12 
Old 2002-05-21, 05:02
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

nice collection.

give me some glock vs hk usp will you?

i looked at a couple usp's. looks like they ripped off glocks receiver. but i dont really know that much about them.
 #13 
Old 2002-05-22, 16:56
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

Is the reason for an unsupported chamber for smoother cycling or something? Or is it just a way to save space on the feed ramp?
 #14 
Old 2002-05-22, 19:20
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Firearms Legal Reference Website!

A good website you can goto for some HK info which pretty much covers the rifle and pistol line would be www.hkpro.com then click on "world of HK".

quote:
Is the reason for an unsupported chamber for smoother cycling or something? Or is it just a way to save space on the feed ramp?


Good question... somebody f'ed up..
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics