About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-06, 11:49
+Logan+ +Logan+ is offline
Regular
 
Default learning to fight at home

i was just wondering if any of u learn to fight at home by ureself?
i wanna go to clubs but there far away and expencive so i was thinking about learning at home from books.
do u think that learning at home can be almost or just as effective?

 #2 
Old 2002-04-06, 17:31
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

You can learn from books if you have someone to spar with. Without someone to help you though it's more or less useless.
 #3 
Old 2002-04-09, 21:07
JonnyQuest JonnyQuest is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

get someone you know who takes some form of martial arts and fight with him at school i did it wasnt a real fight tho anything but headshots so we dont get caught for kicking eachothers asses....
 #4 
Old 2002-04-09, 21:22
da_skza da_skza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

why the hell would you in the first place be practicing fighting at school if you where so worried of being caught?
 #5 
Old 2002-04-09, 22:07
Thalamus Thalamus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

Yeah man, do it in your lawn or something...
 #6 
Old 2002-04-09, 23:06
steelblade steelblade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

I recommend buying a special forces manual and learning to fight from it. This alone can teach you to fight in a matter of hours. The military knows what they are doing with regards to fighting, weeding out what is not needed, and producing a simple, yet effective fighting system. This will also teach you knife and bayonet fighting, disarms, and counters. Once you have learned the military system, you can add some style to it by buying a guide to an oriental martial art and proceeding from there.

Special forces manuals should cost about $8 at a gun show.
 #7 
Old 2002-04-16, 05:10
+Logan+ +Logan+ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

yea thanks everyone.
yea i need a fucking sparing partner.
i better get of my lazy ass and find one i guess, coz the only person who spares with me is my dad. and thats only when hes drunk and doesnt know what hes talking about.
 #8 
Old 2002-04-16, 13:42
walkatazz walkatazz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

hey logan steelblade is right about a military book, but of course u still need a sparring partner better even 3 or 4 cose u have to lurn to protect against more than 1 ops. First u should try fighting 2/1 then 3/1 if u can u can make softened copies of different weapons :baseball bats nunchacks etc.. and atackers should use them in a differentcombinations.When I say softened I mean Not too soft U have to feel pain but just not to be injured.
 #9 
Old 2002-04-16, 19:32
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

I saw a ripped copy of Master Tai Chi's video course on a couple of the MIRC server channels.
 #10 
Old 2002-04-16, 20:48
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
I saw a ripped copy of Master Tai Chi's video course on a couple of the MIRC server channels.


DIE DIE BURN!!!!!!!! PAY FOR YOUR IGNORANCE NEVER CALL IT MIRC ITS IRC YOU BASTERED MIRC IS JUST AN APP *SHOOTS YOU IN THE KNEE* DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 #11 
Old 2002-04-17, 01:52
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

Mmmmmkay.
 #12 
Old 2002-04-18, 23:55
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

that guy needs to either lay off the riddlin or get on some riddlin. One of which I had yet to figure out. lol
~Gold Knight
 #13 
Old 2002-04-19, 00:13
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: learning to fight at home

I taught my kid brother to fight, and I just learned on the streets from getting in fights. But, I also went a took a year of boxing and a year of street fighting.

He kicks ass now, but I can still beat the crap out of him.

Cheers,
Lost
 #14 
Old 2002-04-20, 03:57
Koroshiya Koroshiya is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

You can learn to fight on your own. Get a punchingbag and pratice violent combinations of strikes; jujitsu atemi strikes are the best: edge of hand blows to the neck and throat, heel of hand blows to the face and chin, thumbs to the eyes, elbows to the face, knees to testicles, foot stomps.... think like a boxer but hit and kick like a jujitsu man. If you dominate the person with a violent flurry attack there is no defense ~ martial arts teachers wont tell you this because they want to sell you prolonged instruction ~ and most of them have never been in a fight outside of a ring.

Go for the THROAT, Go for the EYES, go for the BALLS! ~ nothing else matters in a real fight!

IF you are not AGGRESSIVE and VIOLENT you will LOOSE!

This is REAL jujitsu, not that brazilian greased homo wrestling crap!
 #15 
Old 2002-04-20, 04:51
Originator Originator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

"I recommend buying a special forces manual and learning to fight from it. This alone can teach you to fight in a matter of hours"---steelblade

um well...no. you can't learn to fight by reading something (entirely), it's all well and good if you know that you should punch someone in the throat, but if you don't practice on another person (safely of course), you won't be able to use it. I'm sorry, that's just how it works. I have been learn SD techniques from all sorts of fighting experts since I was about 12. AND YOU NEED TO PRACTICE ON A PERSON!

here is a good link to self learn with another friend, train safe http://ejmas.com/jnc/jncframe.htm
The Jujitsu manuals close to the bottom of the page are very, very good. The guy who wrote them has a revolutionary outlook on Jujitsu.
 #16 
Old 2002-04-20, 06:04
jak719 jak719 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

you fan easily learn to fight at home. u dont need to buy books, just look it up online. the military defense tactics are probably the best. you can also learn by just watching movies. and when you fnd your partner do tests on submission holds breaking them and reversing. also, you should trade punches to toughen you up. and do the pressure point things to each other so those will be harmless to you. You could also take up yoga or some kind of other meditation things and transfer your pain so you dont feel it. its just simple mind over matter.
 #17 
Old 2002-04-20, 23:38
steelblade steelblade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

Originator, I said "teach you how to fight", not make you a good fighter. Of course you will have to fight with other people to become good, but learning the fighting system only takes a few hours.
 #18 
Old 2002-04-21, 01:07
Originator Originator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

Oh ok, I misunderstood you, yes in that case you are correct.
 #19 
Old 2002-04-21, 07:09
Null Null is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

watch alot of those ultimate fighting championship videos till yew get real pumped and then go and then go a pick a fight with he first assh0le yew encounter..do this a few times and yew'll learn from experience.
 #20 
Old 2002-04-21, 09:36
MaSeO MaSeO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

a few things that will help you are lifting weights and then push ups, sit ups, pull ups and learning how to get up from the ground quickly. what i do is have my lil bro punch me as hard as he can in the back and in my chest and stomach. i have taken some pretty hard hits but when i am in fights i feel nothing when hit in the back and stomach another thing i did was got an axe handle and got some 550 cord (mil spec string) and tied a towel on the stick to reduce stinging and had my lil bro swing that thing at my back and stomach. this may soundlike a dumb idea but it works but when you get hit tense up and bounce around like a boxer it will make you feel better alot faster.
 #21 
Old 2002-05-06, 03:25
belarion23 belarion23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

In regard to instruction books, they can help but as all others have said it is experience. During my early 20s, I had the fortune of having several very odd friends whom all got along. One of our common interests was fighting. Names have been changed because I do not wish to totally give myself away at this point.
We all fought in an abandoned storage area of my grandfather's old dry cleaning business. I did not know shit about fighting except from SOF which was the only magazine around at the time that dealt with non-traditional methods of hand to hand and/or feet.
The Backdrop: Eric, a prototypical Nazi about 6'4" and 190 with about 10% body fat was in numerous gold gloves and tough man competitions; yet he never went all the way to the top. Also, Eric had been in martial arts since I think he was out of the womb. To say the least, he could fight like hell.
Dave, was a about 5'7" and 140 and a gutter fighter who learned the hard way in Mansfield State Prison. He did not like taking it up the ass every week so he adapted fairly quickly.
My First: Eric and I doned the gloves and I was initiated. Broken nose and bloody lip aside I learned a lot fast. (He still took it easy on me) However, Dave spotted Eric's weaknesses immediately despite no proper training like Eric. He coached me and within several minutes I delivered several good body shots, much to Eric's surprise.
I still got my assed kicked because I kept thinking a head shot would do it when he would easiliy dodge them and reply accordingly. I was 5'10 and 145 at the time.
Eric was pissed and when it came time to fight Dave they were already talking trash. However, I could see Eric was a little afraid. After resting and rehydrating, Eric and Dave got it on. Dave's ferocity had to be seen to be believed. All body shots-none legal-and he quickly backed Eric into a corner till Eric called it. Eric took pot shots too by now but Dave was so good at defending against them it was of minimal consequence.
We were all really good friends after this and it was a wonderful experience. We only got to do it for about 8 more months because gramps rented the place out as a pet care center.
My point, get in the ring and learn from those who have experience. In his prime, I think Dave could have matched if not taken a special forces member in hand to hand. We expanded a little during those months with other fellows but I would stil never fight Dave. I knew my limitations.
And, no, it was not some sappy mens' group or anything akin to Fight Club. We just learned and that is all I have today.
I am 33 and out of shape but if there is anyone in northeast Ohio who has a good place (meaning no fees and instruction pro bono), I would love to get back into it again.
Fuck, my wife will kill me if she finds out I wrote this invitation.
 #22 
Old 2002-05-08, 14:56
FeedTheGods FeedTheGods is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

You'd be surprised the number of people that get together and train in their garages, basements, etc. Usually the training is similar to shootfighting - the standup aspects of muay thai and the groundfighting of freestyle jujitsu. Just ask around - if you meet people who are into fighting (people that are into MMA events such as the UFC, etc) then you are bound to find people who do this out of their homes...
 #23 
Old 2002-05-10, 13:36
+Logan+ +Logan+ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: learning to fight at home

hey, thanks for your reply's.
yea, ive been learning boxing for the past month or so and i had some trouble with the cops last night.
the dumb bastard said i missiled a bottle at a car or some shit and it was a serious offence.
then he grabbed my arm in that wierd lock thing. and he had the other arm stoping my punches.
i wanted to hit the cunt so bad.
but i diddnt, and i have realized that i need to learn ju jitsu or something. coz at the time the only thing i was thinking about was punching he's face but i should have knee'd him in the balls or something.
so i learnt my first fighting lesson, that u need to use all your body parts, or know how to do some good arm breaking killer shit.
any way.
peace and sorry about the spelling
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics