About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-31, 03:00
SnakeEye SnakeEye is offline
Regular
 
Default Mattress Vs. 7.62x63

I recently damaged my water bed mattress beyond repair when I broke into my own appartment (don't ask). I just had to see what happened if I filled it with a garden hose and shot it. As I thought the results might amuse you, here is a pic after one hit from my k98:
http://www.anathema.dynu.com/files/Mattress2.jpg

~Snake
 #2 
Old 2002-01-31, 03:06
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mattress Vs. 7.62x63

hydrostadic shock. 30-06 is quite the round.
 #3 
Old 2002-02-01, 01:28
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mattress Vs. 7.62x63

hydrolic shock is the term I belive, It aslo tends to be incredibly pronounced with the 5.45X39 because the nose veers up in a liquid medium. Hydrostatic generaly refers to the physical property that allows the fuse of a depth charge to function.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-01, 01:48
che4rev che4rev is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mattress Vs. 7.62x63

Hydrostatic Shock is the force that causes a temporary wound chanel when a supersonic projectile enters soft tisue. In an enclosed cavity filled with fluid (like a human head or a water bed blader) the cavity often bursts.


Taken from the Weatherby Amunition page:

"Soon, the entire hunting world would know what Roy had always believed�generate enough speed to create hydrostatic shock in the animal and the result will be more one-shot kills."
http://www.weatherby.com/ammo/ammunition.shtml

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics