About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-22, 00:39
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Battle/Power Armor

Ever want to have the power of Robocop, but not wanna go what he went through.
(For those who don't know, he was killed then some smart off scientists brought him back...or atleast his thoughts and skills back...and put them into a robotic armor).
Now I am making the plans and instructions to make this armor. To go along with it I am trying to find a jet pack that is worthy enough to make and strong enough to actually lift a person off the ground for air assaults. So far I have made plans for the armors: Main Rocket Launcher(MRL), micro rocket launch(mrl), the communications systems, the coolent system, backpack, the actual armor (which will be several layers of kevlar or flak), tracking systems, and power supply.
Sounds fun...don't you agree.
If any wants to help just Instant message me using AOL IM. Screen name GoldKnight86.
Help is in need.
Most helpful people in this situation would be:
Pyrotechnicians
Ballistic Specialists
Electricians
People who know air conditioning
Commication experts
& People who know how to use tracking devices.
This is just for the top half of the armor.
Anything below the belt is still being thought up.
Later
 #2 
Old 2002-01-22, 00:46
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

NOTE: This will not look like robocops armor.
This will not increase strength.
It is a dangerous device.
It is very destructive when fully finished.
When the Jet Pack/Helipack (I found a nice looking Helipack that might go for the armor).
Help is not only appreciated, but needed badly.
Thank You for your support.
 #3 
Old 2002-01-22, 02:19
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Question 1: Have you found any kind of material that can rebound bullets,if yes what kind of bullets? And is not heavy?

Question2: Are you joking? If not show me your plans, Mackm1@hotmail.com
 #4 
Old 2002-01-22, 02:52
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

I'm not joking. This is real. Its about time we got something cool to make. I am not giving the plans out yet because they are still under revision, and testing.
Anything that I stated above (the list), people can add to it, I still need the people listed below the first list, and they need to know what they are doing. They have to contact me at nj__angel@hotmail.com , and I will tell them what they should make for this. This is better this way, and when were done I will make the compiled file, we already have a great start.
For the greater good.
Later
 #5 
Old 2002-01-22, 06:10
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Id just go with a nice lamenent polymer shell armor with kevlar mesh joints. You could power it if you used a diode configuration that read the actions of leg muscles and inhanced them with current "artificial muscles", materials that contract when exposed to electrical current. granted this can only be used to augment strength due to the sheer number of discrete actions in balance.

[This message has been edited by Alan Smithee (edited 01-23-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-01-22, 15:35
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

you can't have armour that rebounces all
bullets. and the jet might just cook your
feet off...
Here is a suggestion:
kevlar suit with charcoal at inner pockets
(keep dry), helmet, infrared goggle,
nightvision goggle, tool kit,
weapon: LAW,M4 carbine, MP5SD, extra ammo,
compass watch, survival knife, dry rations.
 #7 
Old 2002-01-22, 23:06
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

The armor is going to be based off of the picture at http://www.futurehorizons.net/bionics.htm
I am mostly likely also using the helipack from the same website.
Though it will be different, it will also be better because of the fact that we have more people working on it, and that it will have more stuff added to it.
This is a serious suit, and it will be taken seriously.
Later
-Gold Knight
P.S. Bullets don't bounce off armor, all the armor does is spread the force.
From Gun-nut:
you can't have armour that rebounces all
bullets. and the jet might just cook your
feet off...
Here is a suggestion:
kevlar suit with charcoal at inner pockets
(keep dry), helmet, infrared goggle,
nightvision goggle, tool kit,
weapon: LAW,M4 carbine, MP5SD, extra ammo,
compass watch, survival knife, dry rations.
-------------------------------------------
Whats the point with the charcoal, and do you know how expensive that is going to be?
 #8 
Old 2002-01-23, 03:53
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Powered Armor, eh? Sounds promising. A lot of people have been working on similar projects, especially the Army. To bad Robert A. Heinlein never lived to see his brainchild grow up...

I'd like to help out if I can, but my free time is fairly limited (fine time to get an after school job, NGNeer). Fortunately, I can often do two things at once, so I can probably fit in calculations and note taking between oil and tire changes. Yes, I do work at a mechanics' shop. How'd you guess?

If you happen to have any design issues that aren't currently being worked on, like balancing systems or power sources, feel free to send them my way at unknown_variablex@hotmail.com. I'll see what I can do.
 #9 
Old 2002-01-23, 04:35
Rustysickle Rustysickle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Wasn't there an article in Popular Science July 2000 about something similar? I do not think the Army's version is powered, but it does offer HUDs, biomonitor, and a wicked looking weapons pod attached to the right forearm.
 #10 
Old 2002-01-23, 06:26
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

That thing looks like hell to move around in. Originally I thought it was self-contained, it sounds like a good idea but I dunno if we can ever get to the point where they are lightweight, durable, and augment strength.

The version you got there would be pretty good if the muscular augmentation was sufficient enough. i would imagine something such as that as big, relatively slow, heavily armored, and very strong. Like a Juggernaut of some sort.
 #11 
Old 2002-01-23, 12:15
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

charcoal absorbes moisiture, so if
you have inner linning with charcoal packets
(made of cloth), when you perspire, the moisiture is absorbed by the charcoal.
By using charcoal to absorbe moisiture,
the person wearing would not feel sticky
after perspiring...
 #12 
Old 2002-01-23, 22:46
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

I'm not saying that using charcoal is a bad idea, but what I was thinking of is using CO2, like from the cartridges, or a 9 ounce tank. I just have to think of a way to get it to the spots needed. I am thinking about using some sort of flexible tubing. I also found a material that I can put around the neck and under the helmet so I won't be breatheing in the CO2 vapor.
How heavy do you think this is going to be people? It can't be that heavy, I mean its only going to be about thirty or fourty pounds. Thats not much at all when distributed. How much are the charcoal packets?
If you people give me prices for these things I can make a rough estimate on how much its going to cost. I'm almost done revising the mini rocket plans (These are nice).
Later
Gold Knight
P.S. Those who want the plans (V 1.00) e-mail me. Slight modifications will be applied during the fitting of the armor version.

[This message has been edited by Gold Knight (edited 01-23-2002).]
 #13 
Old 2002-01-24, 03:07
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

I'm looking for a few good men.
I have people working on this armor including myself, but we still need your help. Those who help with the making of the armor will get the plans. Thats right, only a select group of people will get it. All you have to do is help. I need to have an e-mail responce or just saying that you will do it posted on this forum.
We need people who know there stuff.
Specialy in these areas:
Pyrotechnicians
Ballistic Specialists
Electricians
People who know air conditioning
Commication experts
& People who know how to use tracking devices.
This is just for the top half of the armor.
Thank You
---------
Later
Gold Knight

[This message has been edited by Gold Knight (edited 01-24-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-01-24, 22:40
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

The rocket launcher for the shoulder mount is done, although when the armor is finished more info will be added to the rocket launcher so it is on a hinge for one of the shoulders. E-mail me if you want it.
nj__angel@hotmail.com
Enjoy
Gold Knight
 #15 
Old 2002-01-25, 07:21
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

why would you shoulder mount it? It would be harder to aim and cumbersome.
 #16 
Old 2002-01-25, 07:39
gun-nut gun-nut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

a small amount of charcoal is sufficient,
and kevlar is plastic armour, so the suit
should not weigh over 5KG.
and remember, a layer of material is needed
between the kevlar and the person, or the bullet would still cause hurt to the person.

To make this suit perfect, I would suggest
a coolant system to cool the inner suit...
 #17 
Old 2002-01-25, 22:36
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Already working on the coolent system, why do you think I asked for a person who knows air conditioning? I have them shoulder mounted because you could carry more items in hand instead of having to carry all the things. The shoulder mounts will be on hinges and turn tables for total range of movement. There will be several layers of kevlar and on the outside of each one there will either have alot of padding, a coating of hard rubber, or something of the sort.
I am still looking for the people who are willing. Thanks for your support.
-----------
Gold Knight

[This message has been edited by Gold Knight (edited 01-25-2002).]
 #18 
Old 2002-01-26, 00:29
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Does anyone know for sure what the Flight Assist Device will be? Jet pack, helicopter mechanism, etc. Just curious on the power requirements, since power supply is my department.
 #19 
Old 2002-01-26, 01:03
phracktal phracktal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

yup........this seems like a good forum phor this plan.

has anyone ever told you that you have entirely too much spare fucking time on your hands?

 #20 
Old 2002-01-26, 01:05
phracktal phracktal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

oh wait, i thought this was in bad ideas. sorry
 #21 
Old 2002-01-26, 01:28
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

You don't have to worry about the flight assistant. It is going to be a helicopter mechanism. Not much else to say, but we REALLY need more people. Its not going to get done if we don't have anymore help!
Gold Knight
 #22 
Old 2002-01-27, 00:52
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

If you're going with a helicopter you'll need a dual rotor system, otherwise you'll spin like a top as soon as you get off the ground.

For strength augmentation I'd stray away from motors and build hydraulic hands or claws onto the arms and make the entire arm mechanism and explosion powered piston (Big O or Top Hunter, anyone?) for punching holes in walls, cars, people, &c.

That's just my half baked two cents, though.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #23 
Old 2002-01-27, 04:09
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

I have already took that into consideration, and the helipack will have two fans, one mounted to each side of the pack.
goto: www.futurehorizons.net and look up jetpacks, its the one on the bottom.
 #24 
Old 2002-01-29, 00:28
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

If no one is going to help only three people are going to get the armor plans. If you want the plans, you have to help.
Later
Gold Knight
 #25 
Old 2002-01-29, 00:51
TheOneWhoCallsHimselfBob TheOneWhoCallsHimselfBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

You sir have a helluva lotta funds, If this actually works I'm not really experienced enough to help but if you can I'd just like to see the plans out of curiosity.
 #26 
Old 2002-01-31, 02:50
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

No can do. Only those who help can get the plans. I'm not saying that your dumb, but if you aren't able to help then you aren't able to fix the armor if it gets broken in anyway. Maybe after further versions come out, then you can get the plans. As of now I don't want the information getting spilled. Sorry.
Gold Knight
 #27 
Old 2002-02-01, 09:33
milEh milEh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

just a couple a questions, are you making this for any purpose or just to prove you can? also how much will this venture cost you?
 #28 
Old 2002-02-02, 01:04
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

We are making the armor because:
A. we have nothing better to do.
B. its about time we got something cool to make.
C. Prices will not be given out (besides, actual costs vary).
D. Unless your going to help, or add new ideas for the armor, don't add anymore posts to this forum.
E. Those are the rules.

Gold Knight
 #29 
Old 2002-02-02, 04:53
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

The Armors Blast-Pack
---------------------
Purpose:
Blast-Packs purpose is to knock down barriers, and obstacles that a person cannot do with there bare hands. The bottom "hump" of the back pack is connected by 5 metal bars. The two bars to the right and to the left of the center one, have a spring around them so there is a shock reducer. The other bars have unscrewable heads that interchange, for different purposes.
Another purpose for the Blast-Pack is to provide protection agains flying debris and potentially dangerous flying objects. The way it works is that there is a layer of metal that separates the pack from the body that is on a hinge with a support to it. So when you are ramming stuff down, you can protect yourself from unwanted debris. Calling it a back pack inquires that it have space for objects and items. The Blast-Pack comes is different sizes, so holding capasity is different, and there are different versions, some of them don't have any holding capasity, just brute power and protection. Others are made for the "scout" personnel, lightly armored and more storage capasity. The Blast-Pack and the Exo-Arm are a force to be delt with. All this along with the Helipack go along with each other. This makes anarchists dream come true, being able to plant "stuff" and if s/he gets caught they can take the heat like it was nothing, and give back enough heat to cook the opposition (literally, there is a flame thrower built in the suit, lol). There is an incidiary launcher, that can lob tons of stuff at the opponents. Some of the special made Blast-Packs will be fitted with a built in power supply pack that can power the suit, any add-ons, outside sources that need the power to operate. In certian versions there is a pnuematic punching arm that latches onto the fore-arm for either knocking stuff down, knocking people out, or anything of the sort. The pack latches itself onto the armor by hooks, latches that you have to pinch down on with your two fingers then pull apart to separate (recommended), or whatever you want. For those interested in communication there is a special pack that similar to the "scouts'" pack. The creation of the generic pack which will have other other packs based upon has been started on 1-25-02.

~Gold Knight~ Special Editon Creation.


It'll take a little work, but once one of the packs are done, the others will be much easier to make.
 #30 
Old 2002-02-03, 07:27
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

I've often pushed this idea around. I must admit the idea does seem slightly "difficult". I'll help in any
way I can. I'm glad you decided on the helicopter flight plattform over the jet pack. What will you use for power sources?
30 lbs or so? This suit will be massive. There is no way to make this thing is going to weight less than 100 pounds. I like zero's idea of the pnuematic "punching" mechanism. What are your design criteria?

Ammo capacity?
Range of motion?
Altitude expectations?

Check this out! http://popularmechanics.com/science/military/2001/9/ultimate_firepower/print.phtml


We need a 3-D CAD user...Any volunteers?

Some components can be found... http://www.techno-sommer.com/

also check out... http://www.mcmaster.com/

This armor must be EMP protected.
This armor must have EMP emmition capabilities.

You do know this is a major engineering undertaking?


 #31 
Old 2002-02-03, 07:55
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

The fuel for the helipack is premium unleaded gasoline, I believe the maximum weight the helipack is 200-250 pounds. It uses three gallons of gas, and can go at max. speeds of 50 mph., and stays in the air for an hour.
------------
The armor should only need the emp protection is certian areas. I have no clue on making the anti-emp protective materials, hopefully someone else will. The max. expectancy of the armor's weight is around 50-75 pounds (most likely 50). Contact nj__angel@hotmail.com and tell me what you can do for the armor, and your specialties.
------------
If you don't have aol instant messenger download it, and add GoldKnight86 to your buddy list.
 #32 
Old 2002-02-04, 01:18
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Falls/1984/newfact.htm

Send e-mail if you want more.
 #33 
Old 2002-02-04, 14:25
eviljeweller eviljeweller is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

What is it actually being designed to do on the battlefield i.e. shocktroopers, saboteurs, fire support, recon, etc?

Will it carry its own oxygen?
 #34 
Old 2002-02-06, 01:31
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

The suits purposes will vary, depending on the packs that it has. There are other packs that are under special construction, the plans will be given out when they are done and tested, these ones are more dangerous and I will not give out untested plans that could seriously hurt/injure/damage the person, or the suit.
We have some recruits now, but we still need more.
 #35 
Old 2002-02-06, 04:58
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Sorry I haven't been around much, but we had a power failure in my area and my computer is, of course, non functional without electricity.

Fortunately, not all is lost. I was able to work on some improvised weaponry that might be integrated into the suit's final version. Single shot 'Zip Guns' that could be used if the more prominent weapons exhaust their ammo. I'll send them to the Knight of Gold as soon as I get them all typed up.
 #36 
Old 2002-02-06, 22:51
Gold Knight Gold Knight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Battle/Power Armor

Just an Idea for the zip gun. Why not make them wrist mounted. We'll have a pneumatic puncher on one, and a zip(s) on the other. A good combo of long range, and short range.
Just an Idea. I kinda like that lol, anywayz. I am now looking for the prices of the stuff. Later
~Gold Knight
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics