|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-01-21, 00:38
|
t0ne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Gettin' in shape
Hi I was wondering what are the best work-outs for stamina? I get into fights every now and then and I find I'm so out of shape by the time the fight is over I need a defiberilator  So what are the best training exercises for stamina. In the summer here there is supposed to be a small little muay thai group opening. So what are some good exercises to get my body toned up? -thanks in advance
|
|
#2
 2002-01-21, 01:41
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
Dump your car and bike long distances.
You'll wind up with enough leg strength to move a car with your toes, and it boosts your stamina as well. You'll have to remember to work on leg flexibility, though, since almost every strength excersise sacrifices flexibility.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#3
 2002-01-21, 19:37
|
t0ne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
What about some indoor stuff, It's kind've....well it's fuckin' freezing out there. Would running on the spot be just as effective...I dusted off my old punching bag, I'm gonna get in the habit of working on my shins I'll start of doing 50 kicks with each leg...Then I'll try punch and elbow combos (atleast 100) I've already started to skip rope, I'll do this for about 20 minutes, then I'll do some squats, and duck walk around my room for about 40 minutes...Anything else I should add?
I forgot to mention I'm strapped fpr cash and I don't have a job so I can't go to the gym.
[This message has been edited by t0ne (edited 01-21-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-01-21, 21:31
|
insane_blaine 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
If you want to lose weight or get big, Buy Arnold Swachinger ( however you spell his last name) Encyclopedia of body building it is a very good book on both subjects of losing weight and getting big. By summer you could be semi ripped and lost tons of weight i seriously recommend buying the book!
For Stamina, This is what i do, pick a short little route possibly even around your block or road to run. Do it everynight or after school (whenever you have free time in the day) you'll find that you will build your stamina but then you'll have to make your running route bigger or do it more times as your stamina builds. By running i ment a jog or slow run. This is what i do and when i first started i totally noticed the diffrence by next month. About it being really cold outside just wear a sweater and some track pants and run if your active as in running you won't be that cold!
|
|
#5
 2002-01-22, 04:34
|
Jamopy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
If your looking for a cheap indoors exercise just do burpees to failure once a day and your endurance will grow.
|
|
#6
 2002-01-22, 07:04
|
t0ne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
Thanks guys,
|
|
#7
 2002-01-22, 15:22
|
gun-nut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
try doing 20 crunches, 40 pushups daily
|
|
#8
 2002-01-22, 17:43
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
I can do about 20 push-ups, I'm 5'11 and 215 pounds. I have these 2 25 pound barbells my friend let me use and they have got to be the heaviest 25 pounds I have ever lifted.
I can lift a 40 pound bag easier than I can these 25's so they do pretty good on the biceps, how many push-ups should I be able to do and whats the best way to go about increasing how many I can do (pyramid, sets of a certain #, what have you)?
I usually walk 2 miles every day but I have been walking my whole life and it seems to be doing jack. Sometimes I woud walk 8-10 miles in a day for a couple months and nothin' would happen.
|
|
#9
 2002-01-23, 00:05
|
insane_blaine 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
quote: Originally posted by Dark_Magneto: I can do about 20 push-ups, I'm 5'11 and 215 pounds. I have these 2 25 pound barbells my friend let me use and they have got to be the heaviest 25 pounds I have ever lifted.
I can lift a 40 pound bag easier than I can these 25's so they do pretty good on the biceps, how many push-ups should I be able to do and whats the best way to go about increasing how many I can do (pyramid, sets of a certain #, what have you)?
I usually walk 2 miles every day but I have been walking my whole life and it seems to be doing jack. Sometimes I woud walk 8-10 miles in a day for a couple months and nothin' would happen.
Losing weight also depends on your body type, Sounds like you have a mesomorph body type it has the best build to get big and it builds muscle extremly fast! but the problem is you don't lose weight easy being a mesomorph. Being i have a mesomorph body type i find it hard to lose weight whenever i get a little to heavy.. Also the best way to do more push ups is to do as much as you can a day a keep doing it you will do more as your muscle strength gets bigger, It's just like working out you start off with say 10 pounds and when you work out you build muscle, building muscle = getting stronger.
|
|
#10
 2002-01-23, 05:40
|
t0ne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
Insane: I think I'm the same...This summer I had a summer job at a transport company and my arms were huge(atleast 2 times the size of'm before the job) Thanks Guys This has turned out to be really beneficial.  [This message has been edited by t0ne (edited 01-23-2002).]
|
|
#11
 2002-01-24, 07:09
|
Jamopy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
I dont think you can really judge his build over the internet. Its just as likely hes an endomorph. Anyway i digress...
If you want to lose weight try a bit of jogging instead of walking. To increase your push-ups figure out your max push-ups. Then take 2/3 of that # and do it at least 3 times in the course of the day. At the end of the week test yourself again and update your max press-ups and keep going.
|
|
#12
 2002-01-24, 07:40
|
t0ne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Gettin' in shape
I've been doing windsprints down our back yard, I do 5 then I'll do 10 sit ups, I'll do 10 then 10 push ups, 15 20 sit ups etc I can really tell this is working really well in the couple days I have been doing it.
[This message has been edited by t0ne (edited 01-24-2002).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|