About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-19, 21:13
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default PC game,

this game prepares you for sword combat if you want to learn.
So read if your intrested.

Blade Of Darkness -Severance, is a game were you have 4 characters, a barbarian, dwarf, amazon, knight. Every character has his own weapons and is only a good fighter with his kind of weapons, the barbarian has 2 handed swords, knight has 1 handed swords, dwarf has axes, amazon has spears\bos.

My point is, this game is really realistic in fighting, some people I played with even said its way to presise, wich is good I think, not only is it realistic in attacking moves but its also a brutal dark action game.

I played with the barbarian, one day I went on \www.escrimeancienne.fr.st\ and read the 2 handed sword fighting manual analysys, and I realised that there were things I already knew cause I played with barbarian, when I looked at the distance rules, I realsied that I already knew them thanks to the game, so its kinda intresting. Later I decided to read something else on the site, and see if it will help me with the Knight(game character), the problem is that the site doesnt work for me right now. Thats it. Just some information.

Id like to know if the other moves are real, cause characters have spcial moves, I know some cant be real but others look like they might.
 #2 
Old 2002-01-20, 02:58
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

The point is less can the move be done but more is it logical or useful to do so?

Any hack can look cool twirling a sword around, but I'd highly doubt that you could learn a complete enough set of effective tactics from a game to keep you from getting killed in actual combat. I've yet to see this game, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #3 
Old 2002-01-20, 05:59
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

i agree. if you want to learn sword combat join a fencing team, its a lot of fun.
 #4 
Old 2002-01-21, 01:12
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

Yes I know guys, Im not sayng Im going to learn sword combat, but I may simply learn some things that Im going to be told, like the distance rules, but I will still have to be teached, I know Im not going to get much out of it,.

 #5 
Old 2002-01-21, 06:19
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

i dont think the distance rule is anything that can be taught by a game. you may learn some attacks but by far the most challenging aspect of sword fighting is covering the correct distance. i have expierence in this so i know what im talking about.
 #6 
Old 2002-01-21, 16:21
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

Well I read the distance rule for 2 handed swords and realized that I already knew it, Im not sayng I can use it, but I simply know it, but dont know how to perform. When you learn something you will be told, then explained, then showed, then teached. I was simply told.
 #7 
Old 2002-01-21, 18:10
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

hey syphon detonator, you dont need to answer, Im just curious, can you tell me what sword type have you been training with?
 #8 
Old 2002-01-22, 09:03
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

i fence so i use a foil. its very light and thin. a foil is for one hand. perhaps the distance is easier with a two handed sword. i just know from my experience that the distance is the most important part of winning a fencing match. this is probably due to the speed at which they take place so maybe you can learn a little about distance when it comes to a two handed sword.
 #9 
Old 2002-01-22, 22:18
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

Ok thx, good to know
 #10 
Old 2002-01-27, 03:50
Raf_the_Penguin Raf_the_Penguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC game,

fencing kicks fucking arse, used to fence but the club i was with was filled with wankers, i stopped n havent regained the momentum.
only problem with it is its got a tendancy to cause spinal problems due to heavy excersize of one side of the body n minimal on the other, so do weights on the side if you intend on taking it up
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics