|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-12-24, 08:33
|
milEh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
muah thai
I am probably going in a match up against a muah thai fighter, anything i should watch out for, apart for leg kicks and knees? I also dont think elbows are going to be legal in this match.
|
|
#2
 2001-12-24, 18:17
|
FeedTheGods 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
Why don't you think elbows will be lethal? They are more dangerous then a fist. Has he trained anything other then thai? Watch out for the clench...he will probably try to get in close sooner or later and either lock his hands around your head or lock one around your head and underhook an arm with his other hand. From there he will knee and elbow like crazy - DON"T LET HIM GET YOU IN THE CLINCH. Also when on the feet watch for leg kicks. If he doesn't train in anything other then thai then take it to the ground - force the man out of his environment....make him play your game. Wait until he is vulnerable, such as after a high kick or wide-looping punch, and go in for a single (or double) leg takedown. As soon as you hit the ground go for the mount... If he does get you in the clinch then squat a little and widen your base, then get as close to him as possible. Wrap your arms around him and try to get your hips under his, then his hips with your hips, and try to get his body parallel (sp?) to the ground...this should take him down, or at least get him to let go. This is all considering that you are in a mma match...if you are fighting on the street then I'd also suggest going to the ground, but when on the feet don't expect him to stick by his style...
------------------ "Possessed, I feel the conquering will down inside me - Strength, the strength of many to crush who might stop me...." - Mouth for War, Pantera
|
|
#3
 2001-12-25, 00:51
|
milEh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
i didn't say lethal i meant legal, and its using thai rules, i agreed to fight under there conditions... which might be my downfall in the end.
|
|
#4
 2001-12-26, 08:56
|
~~COBRA~~ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
you seriously need to talk to novice merc. merc does thai boxing and is probably one of the most educated people here.
btw, that was pretty funny how you said legal and then the other dude says lethal. lol he made a whole argument out of something you didnt even say. lol
|
|
#5
 2001-12-26, 09:33
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
I can give you plenty of advice cos I spar with muay thai kickboxers often, but I need to know: are you trained? what style? for how long? any other experience?
|
|
#6
 2001-12-26, 13:17
|
novice merc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
well, I'd personally reccomend you to be quick and always follow through. the main thing to watch out for if you're at a distance is a forward kick. It's often followd up by another kick of some sort. Also try to avoid low side kicks. A good muay(it's a y, not an h, would you by any chance mind changing that) thai fighter will insictively block with the shin. This is extremely painful if you're kicking at full force. Also never, ever turn your back to your opponent and always keep your guard up. The best thing is to counter as often as you can. move in fast and move out faster. you need a damn good guard. watch out for the knees. Any questions?
|
|
#7
 2001-12-26, 14:32
|
phracktal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
why would anyone ever agree to phite someone on that persons terms and rules. in life, we should follow the rules of physics and the terms of self preservation.
hit him with a board with a bunch of nails sticking outta it.
oh!!! and another thing. if ya make this mistake again, dont post untill after ya get your ass kicked. i only wanna read interesting or phunny posts.
|
|
#8
 2001-12-26, 16:29
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
I say you should spar with some muay thai kickboxers so that you can learn their strategy and what you can use against them, or if you have enough time, join a muay thai gym. To guard from their knees, get in real close when they grab you by the neck. they use this technique themselves because it means you cant be kneed inthe body or head, only the outer thighs, which at most will give you a good cork in the leg. When you fight this cunt, be aggressive. This is because they generally tend to fight agressively, so if you do to they will be slightly out of their game. Dont just rush in at any time, pick your moment then attack, come in with both guns blasing and completely overwhelm him. A good time to come in would be when he finishes a combo. When he starts attacking, keep dodging (dont get backed into the ropes), and as soon as his last punch/kick has been thrown, come in on him, as this is the moment where he(or any one else) will find it a bit harder to block, dodge or counter attack. But dont dodge around all night. Like I said, be agressive. And if you lose, train like fuck, and spar other thai boxers until you know you can beat him. Then ask for a rematch under your rules. By the way, where abouts in oz do you live? coz I live in W.A. and if you live close I could train you.
|
|
#9
 2001-12-26, 16:30
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
When is the fight?
|
|
#10
 2001-12-27, 07:07
|
~~COBRA~~ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
jack daniels>>>> your the smartest newbie i have ever seen. jack daniels is my favorite drink btw.
|
|
#11
 2001-12-27, 09:13
|
novice merc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
hey Jack , where you live and what're your measurements(height, weight). Maybe we could fight sometime. I wonder who'd win.
|
|
#12
 2001-12-27, 15:31
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
I live in perth, Western Australia. Im 176cm tall and I weigh 72kg. Im seventeen, but ive been training for 4.5 years, 6 or 7 days a week. I will still fight you even if you are bigger than me. The best man would win. What are your measurements and all that shit?
|
|
#13
 2001-12-28, 03:22
|
milEh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
i train in sanda and kungfu, been doing so for a couple of years. The only fighting experience i have is on the streets and the majority of those people were down with one punch anyway, if not they went down after a kick to the side of the leg or knees anyway, so not much in challenge. I also spar a lot, with people outside my training place as well (they are usually kickboxers). Also the fight is in a couple of months, so i got a lot of time to train.
|
|
#14
 2001-12-28, 07:48
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
Learn how to get him on the ground, submission techniques, and joint locks that can result in bone breaking. A personal favorite of mine is when someone has their hand on my shoulder or by the side of my neck, I grab the hand with the same hand they used on me (ex. right-to-right) and hold it on my shoulder, then swing my arm of the shoulder they grabbed over their arm while holding their hand in place and effectively getting them in an elbow/shoulder/wrist lock.
If you can maintain it you can break the wrist, elbow, and radius, maybe even the shoulder if your strong enough. there is also another joint lock that involves you wrapping your arm under their arm (left to right/right to left)and securing it under your armpit and pushing upward, then you push on their other shoulder with your free arm and they can't punch you in the face because your arm on their shoulder is blocking them.
Although I think they could get a good shot on your ribs which could be a problem, but with enough leverage on that locked joint and you pushing it the opposite direction you can fuck their elbow up good. If they are alot taller than you then this will not work though.
Keep in mind that it is hard to get someone in these situations, in a real fight you can't put someone in the situation and then use it, you have to wait for an oppurtunity to present itself and then take advantage. I have seen people try to force others into their moves, didn't work.
If all else fails, theres always the good ol' ankle lock, either they submit or get their ankle snapped like a chicken bone.
|
|
#15
 2001-12-28, 08:29
|
~~COBRA~~ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
quote: Originally posted by Jack Daniels: I live in perth, Western Australia. Im 176cm tall and I weigh 72kg. Im seventeen, but ive been training for 4.5 years, 6 or 7 days a week. I will still fight you even if you are bigger than me. The best man would win. What are your measurements and all that shit?
Boy are you gonna be surprised when novice answers you lol
|
|
#16
 2001-12-28, 09:21
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
Why the fuck should I be surprised? Is he like 10m tall or some shit like that?
|
|
#17
 2001-12-28, 10:27
|
novice merc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
not quite 10m. I'm 162cm at 51 kilos(assuming I haven't lost weight again). Most of the guys I spar at the gym are around 180 and weigh between 65 and 80 kilos. The largest guy I've ever sparred was 185cm and 100kg. oh, by the way, Jack. The he is a she. What gave you the idea I was male? 
|
|
#18
 2001-12-28, 10:43
|
novice merc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
hey mileh, if it's thai rules you've got the rules om your side. You're allowed to elbow and knee at everything. Kneeing and elbowing are my two favorite techniques. Not only are they simple and effective, but they're comfortable to execute. Have you ever seen a real thai muay thai match? those guys are real tough. good shin bones, tough stomachs. Always try repeated knees to the stomach and solar plexus. hit as hard as you can. I've seen a guy drop from that sort of treatment after about 5 hits in the same spot. They had to carry him out of the ring. If you're going to elbow, go for the nose and eyebrows(It'll score points and stun your opponent, but if he's like the thai boxers I've seen, it will not take him down). I think your best shot is a head kick or some sort of strike at a sensetive area.
|
|
#19
 2001-12-28, 10:46
|
novice merc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
btw, Jack, I'm off to sydney in just under a year. what about it?
|
|
#20
 2001-12-29, 14:10
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
Id love to fight, but I seriously doubt that I would be able to get to Sydney, because Perth is on the opposite side of Australia, and also because there is a good chance that I will be working on a mine. Why dont you make a quick stopover in Perth? What month are you coming in, just in case I can go? By the way, what country/state are you in?
|
|
#21
 2001-12-29, 14:57
|
novice merc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
I'm off in december(maybe november, it depends). I'll see what I can do. I live in sweden and there's about 2 feet of snow in my yard.
|
|
#22
 2002-01-04, 19:06
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
sorry milEh, getting back to your question, you said that you spar with kickboxers often, so keep sparring with them and work out what will work on them(im assuming u meant muay thai kickboxers, if not, find some to spar with), and go and watch as many muay thai fight nights as you can. What style of kung fu do you train in? Talk to your sifu and see if he can help you. Seeing as you train in kung fu, do your iron body training to get yourself hardened up before the fight.Concentrate on your SHINS, legs, ribs and abs. I myself can take fullsterength shots to the abs, legs and shins. Your ability to take leg shots is crucial as thai boxers like to slow you down and weaken your stability by kicking the crap out of your legs. I once saw a fight where one bloke had to retire because he couldnt even walk and could bearly stand.In the few months before the fight, toughen yourself up as much as possible, get as much experience as possible, and of course drill on your techniques increasing their power and speed. Train everyday, eat well, get plenty of sleep, mentally prepare yourself, and you should be ready to kick arse.
|
|
#23
 2002-01-06, 05:50
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
Wear some soccer shin guards to the match.
|
|
#24
 2002-01-06, 13:49
|
Jack Daniels 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: muah thai
In kickboxing, it is part of the rules to wear shinpads, just like it is to wear boxing gloves, you have to wear them, but in proper MUAY THAI matches, it is AGAINST the rules to wear shinpads.
[This message has been edited by Jack Daniels (edited 01-06-2002).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|