About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-11-30, 10:32
unsane unsane is offline
Regular
 
Default bb guns

any one got any cool bb gun/airsoft stories to share?
 #2 
Old 2001-11-30, 15:03
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

I go hunting with my air rifle. Well, usually I just go murdering with my air rifle, since I go after starlings and they aren't much good to eat.

I have a story that doesn't involve me, but does involve my nephew. One summer's day we were out airgunning in the woods and we stopped to reload and adjust out scopes. While I was working away on my gun a bird in a tree high above was voicing its opinion of us at maximum volume every two seconds. The thing made the most irritating high pitched whistle you've ever heard. I told my newphew to shut that damn bird up.

A word on his gun: At that moment he had removed the scope from his gun, but before putting his scope on earlier he had to remove the iron sights. As such his gun had no aiming mechanism on it whatsoever. I knew none of this at the time (since I was looking the other way), otherwise I wouldn't have asked him to waste a shot. He wasted a shot just the same, and with little to no preparation beforehand and blasted that silly bird right out of the tree.

To this day I don't know how he did it.

~Zero the Inestimable

------------------
{ DgZ | Forum | Email | Roms }
 #3 
Old 2001-12-02, 01:25
Taikuma Kariudo Taikuma Kariudo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

I wasted a blue jay from about 350 feet with my CO2 rifle one time using the special, overpriced "hunting pellets". I guess they're more expensive for a reason

------------------
...
 #4 
Old 2001-12-02, 03:13
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

Nice shot. You're lucky you were using a pointed pellet, because the power of most CO2 rifles with other pellets at that range is basically nil. I have found that pointed pellets are less accurate than others, though. If the point is off center the pellet will spiral, and getting a perfectly centered point on a pellet is more than most of the inexpensive brands can hack.

I usually use Crosman Premier Domes, preferably the light version, or Hercules match domes (a Chinese brand).

~Zero the Inestimable

------------------
{ DgZ | Forum | Email | Roms }
 #5 
Old 2001-12-04, 10:37
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

zero, you have a feel for were youre pointing a gun after a while even without the sights, more so with a pistol though.
 #6 
Old 2001-12-04, 20:23
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

Yes, I suppose that would be the best way to go about it. He hasn't been able to do that without sights again, so I presume it's safe to say he got lucky.

~Zero the Inestimable

------------------
{ DgZ | Forum | Email | Roms }

[This message has been edited by Zero the Inestimable (edited 12-04-2001).]
 #7 
Old 2002-01-15, 00:16
frederick frederick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

HEY ZERO THE INESTIMABLE IS THE HERCULES A GOOD PELLET GUN? I SEEN ONE AND WANTED ONE BUT I WASNT SURE IF IT WAS GOOD REPLY PLEASE DO YOU HAVE AOL? IF SO WHATS YOUR SCREEN NAME?
 #8 
Old 2002-01-15, 00:34
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

You don't have to shout.

I highly recommend the Hercules XS-B3, B7, and B22. They're big and heavy and don't look like much, but they can shoot very well.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #9 
Old 2002-01-15, 20:09
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

if you just want to waste shit get a crossman 1077.
 #10 
Old 2002-01-19, 00:57
frederick frederick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

me and my bro go out at night and go to oarange trees and go with a pellet gun and a bb pistol its a model 400 a maglite and a 1000,000 candle power spotlight and we shoot up birds very phun if you have insomnia we dont
 #11 
Old 2002-01-19, 06:13
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

*gives props for the model 400-GX*

its a great gun and a hell of alot of fun. looks just like a real desert eagle. did you mod yours in any way. i was thinking about putting a verticle grip on the front of mine where the screw is. what do you think about that? i think it will work ok but may not be extreemly sturdy.
 #12 
Old 2002-01-31, 04:45
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

Does anyone know of any alternate calibers besides the popular .177 or .22? and Where can I look?
 #13 
Old 2002-01-31, 07:03
olywaanarchy olywaanarchy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

I know there's a 5mm (.20 cal) around, the pellet is more of a fatass slug. Bah, enjoy these awful icons on what the slug looks like lol.

Field Point Pellet
)-)>

5mm Fatass Slug
__
|__)

More or less... you know what I mean!
 #14 
Old 2002-01-31, 19:52
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

Airguns come in all kinds of calibers. I've seen or heard of the following:

.177
.20
.22
.25
.30
.32
.38
.44

You can also get 8 and 9mm airguns. Keep in mind the larger bore guns are usually more exotic and harder to find than the classic .177 and .22's, but they are available. Have fun finding a cheap source of pellets, though.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #15 
Old 2002-02-11, 16:05
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bb guns

I shot my brothers truck from my roof and it went thru the trunk windshield all the way thru the front thru the main windshield
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics