About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-03, 10:18
Jenkwater Jenkwater is offline
Regular
 
Default not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

how do you make these things? I know the basic idea, but I need some details.....will a sock filled with sand work? and how do you make them? where can I obtain a springy handle for one.......
I haven't specified what I am talking about, but it doesn't matter...because I am only asking these questions to people who will know what I am talking about.....

thanks.
 #2 
Old 2001-06-04, 01:18
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

what about the people who only slightly know what you are talking about...to get nice robust answers...why don't you make it easy?

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #3 
Old 2001-06-04, 09:09
Jenkwater Jenkwater is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

ok, I will clear it up....in movies or whatever you sometimes see people getted knocked unconscious by a hit to the back of the neck by a black sack...that is my query.
 #4 
Old 2001-06-04, 10:21
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

they sell them, but if you must make one tape two ball berings on the end of a six inch peice of the large bungees used on trucks.
 #5 
Old 2001-06-04, 22:47
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

although saps are usually made from leather with a cloth handle (the one's i've seen anyway) i believe a blackjack has longer range. remember, you just can't whack the guy in the back of the head, you have to know where to hit him.
 #6 
Old 2001-06-05, 21:49
Jenkwater Jenkwater is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

yes, the base of the skull is the hit point....
and when you say cloth handle do you mean regular cloth, nothign fancy just cloth?
have you witnessed one in real life being usen?
I made one usuing this leather thing, there are these cracks and I jammed pennies into the cracks and I left a bit of room for gripping....I lightly hit the back of my neck with it quite a few times and it has punch, even like 45 minutes later I could feel that I had hit the back of my neck.....I am just worried when i hit someone it wont work, then running will be neccesary.
 #7 
Old 2001-06-27, 06:34
Lateralus Lateralus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

you knock them on the base of the skull and there knocked out? how long do they get knocked out and are these very affective? are they really hard to use?
 #8 
Old 2001-06-29, 05:24
Sober Sober is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

I have a "slap jack" I purchased at a swap meet. It is leather with a heavy weight in one end. I don't think it really matters where you hit them...I'm willing to bet if I hit someone anywhere on their head, it would know them out cold. The temple would probably be the best place though.
 #9 
Old 2001-06-29, 09:21
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

If you wanted to kill them yes.
 #10 
Old 2001-07-04, 10:30
Jenkwater Jenkwater is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: not to mention blackjacks, saps and/or coshes

base of skull is neccesary, the point of a sap is different than a bat, with a bat you can hit anywhere and sooner or later they will go out....the point of a sap is an easy effective and relatively safe way of knocking someone out cold...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics