About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-02, 10:17
EOD Marine EOD Marine is offline
Regular
 
Default Fighting????

do you think it is possible for me to whoop on a kid.....

iam 5 foot 10 inches and weigh 145, and this kid is my size but built like a horse...he thiks he can whoop all ass expecially mine cause I am skinny.....whats ur opion on people lik this??

Later
 #2 
Old 2001-05-02, 15:00
Dark_Destiny Dark_Destiny is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

they underestimate and overestimate themselves and their opponents but sounds like you do to.
 #3 
Old 2001-05-02, 16:12
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Who knows, usually you're gut feeling is correct on such issues. I personally don't look for fights with people I can't hurt, I learned that the hard way.

Some people that have that attitude are good fighters, some aren't. One of my buddies is about 5-6 and 160lbs, he could probably kick my ass. And I'm 5-ll, 220. That guys stout as an ox. We've sparred before just wrestling, but I've seen him knock out 3 people boxing, and one guy in actually fight. I'd say I give him one hell of a working, but in the end he'd be the one that got the most hits its. We may hit the same or just a lil harder than me, but he's a hell of a lot faster. In this case my gut feeling would've been wrong, looking at him, I'd think I'd beat the hell out of, actually messin around, I'm not so sure. Anyways he has that attitude that he can beat up quite a few people, I've never heard of him losing a fight. I think the actual reason for that is that he makes sure he gets the first swing in, and that makes a big difference. In all the fights i've seen or been in, the guy who hits first, typically wins.

My first hit are usually for the nose and as hard as I can. This is painful and usually tears up the guys eyes, now not only is he suddenly on the defensive, but he can't see. Their move after that is to usually charge or back off. If they charge an uppercut to the nose again is always great, if I can't do that I'll turn and push him, they always either fall or hit something. If they fall I try to get on their back before they get up, if they hit something, it's open.

But I've only lost once whenever I took the first swing, and that was with guy I couldn't hurt. The guy was huge and I wanted to see how far I could get with him. Well he had me hurtin for while and he taught me the pain of hard rib shots. I'm surprised I didn't get anything broken. But that guy actually bruised me, which doesn't happen often.
 #4 
Old 2001-05-20, 05:46
Silent Killer Silent Killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Just go with gut insticnt. Dont look for a fight. In fact as unsuspecting as you can.
Personally i am 5'11 and about 170 pounds. Im 16. I am sorta built like a hockey player. I am wildly aggressive, but can keep a lid on it. Just be unsuspecting, it works for me.
 #5 
Old 2001-05-20, 05:55
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

i read on some martial arts web site that it is really easy and not really pathetic to go for easy hits such as good kick to shins, eye gouging, groin kicking, chest punching...although they have been said to be the easy way out, it might make sure he doesn't do it again.

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #6 
Old 2001-05-20, 21:10
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

If it's a difference between getting your ass kicked and not, do what you need to do. My only suggestion is don't take it too far- once you've got him reeling, use punches, kicks, takedowns.. don't really fuck him up, or else you might still get in trouble should the cops arrive, even if he started it. (I may be wrong on this, but I do believe if the guy is beaten and you keep pouring it on, you can be charged with assault or something else.)
 #7 
Old 2001-05-20, 23:33
Caolan Caolan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

yeah... I'm not sure about the USA but here in the UK I think the law is that you can only fight back with reasonable force... which means you do what it take to control them, and apparently you can only use the same amount of force as they do. So if a guy stands on your toe, you can't punch him in the nose, anyway, you get the idea.

------------------
--==CAOLAN==---
 #8 
Old 2001-05-23, 20:13
CEREBRATE CEREBRATE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Im 6.2 210 and built like an bull that no lie I swear I never had to go looking for a fight they alwas came to me but the thing is im not stupid, they always would be in groups which told me that they were to chicken to go 1on1 so he might get back at your so watch for others but to awnser your Q&A go for joints simple yet effective I use to grab em by the throat an squesse they grab my arm first thing then start to black out then id let go they would stumble for a few get up and attk or run you have to grab from behind the adams apple and slide your fingers inside and pull the throat out but if you pull to hard you can killem
 #9 
Old 2001-05-25, 18:30
Cube Cube is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

CEREBRATE... you sound to stupid too kill someone.
 #10 
Old 2001-05-28, 05:16
Darkrider Darkrider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Best thing to do if a group of em come upto you is go directly for the biggest hardest one.

That way the others hopefully back off thinking shit he's gone for our biggest mate who's fucking hard, ghe must be crazy or something.

Or they all just beat the hell out of you for a laugh !!!
 #11 
Old 2001-05-28, 12:31
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Find a weapon that doesnt do any permanent damage but fucken hurts...
a whip of some sort would do ie: a piece of cableing or something...
or try something mean if u think his friends will get you later a kid at my school who everyone thouht was ajust a quiet kid got in a fight, he pulled out a piece of chain hit the guy until he fell over, then kneeled on his chest and scraped the top of the guys mouth with his nails until the guy was mad-bleeding...
the quiet kid doesnt get paid out nemore..
 #12 
Old 2001-06-09, 01:55
Pachinko Pachinko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

ire the size really matters THAT much. for example i am pretty godamn short and i can beat the shit out of my two friends who are 5'' and 7" taller than me just because i am in better shape. there are advantages and disadvantages to all body types such as shorter people are harder to knock over (respectably) because their center of gravity is lower, taller people have longer range to their strikes, skinnier people are generally more agile and have harder knuckles (ow!), and wider people are usually stronger. work with this and try to stay out of fights anyways... thats my advice
 #13 
Old 2001-06-13, 16:06
digital digital is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

first, i recommend getting a heavy bag and practicing on it. my confindence has increased dramtically since getting one.

next, hit the gym and build some mass. keep your cardio vasular up as well. many ppl get tired in a fight and if you have high stamina you have a better chance of taking a beating and coming back for more. (if it comes to that)

last, grab a 12 pack of red bull and a liter of vodka. mix up like 6-9 drinks. you'll feel like a braveheart mother fucker after drinking that shit.
 #14 
Old 2001-06-14, 19:59
FeedTheGods FeedTheGods is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Here's a tip straight from the marines...Make sure you get the first shot in, and if it's a good shot then don't stop - throw fast punches non-stop...it's called the "Rapid Fire Technique". If you want to see it in action go rent the Ultimate Fighting Championship where Vitor Belfort fights Vanderla Silva....I'm not sure which tape it's on so just rent the one called "Night Of Champions"...I know it's on there. Here are a few more tips...have you ever seen this guy fight? Do you know someone who has? Try to find out his style - if he throw a lot of punches or is known for knocking people out then learn a little about groundfighting, ground control, and submission and as soon as he punches then shoot in and take him down. If it's the other way around - if he's a wrestler or groundfighter then stay on the feet and try to stay away from him - hit when he comes in but don't let him grab you or shoot in on you...Also, don't let it be known that you are going to fight him - the element of surprise is a powerful weapon. Once you do start to fight him then go completely insane, like you're some kind of madman...this may intimidate the hell out of him, no matter how bad he tries to act. Remember, a little insane goes a long way...

------------------
"Possessed, I feel the conquering will down inside me - Strength, the strength of many to crush who might stop me...." - Mouth for War, Pantera
 #15 
Old 2001-06-28, 20:46
da_skza da_skza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

put a pool ball in a sock and beat em up side the head.lol
 #16 
Old 2001-06-28, 20:46
da_skza da_skza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_skza
put a pool ball in a sock and beat em up side the head.lol
 #17 
Old 2001-07-07, 10:51
fish_boy fish_boy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

If u know anything about boxing then they tell you not 2 go straight in with wild punches but to sort of take your time and hit when the moment is right.
Off course if u can get a good first hit then beating the shit out of them can always be a good idea.
 #18 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:17
FeedTheGods FeedTheGods is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Fighting????

But also if you know anything about boxing then you know that the techniques taught and the methods used to fight aren't used to win street fights, they're used to score points with judges. Sure, you don't want to punch wildly - you want to throw accurate, calculated punches. You also want to move around. Throw a few punches, then duck and sway and throw a body punch, throw a few more to the face, then duck and sidestep and throw more punches. Once you land one good punch then keep it going. Remember this though: 90% of fights go to the ground, so don't rely on your ability to punch to end the fight. Learn some shit about groundfighting. You can start here: http://www.submissionfighting.com


------------------
"Possessed, I feel the conquering will down inside me - Strength, the strength of many to crush who might stop me...." - Mouth for War, Pantera
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics