About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 3 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2001-03-03, 06:51
Destructo Destructo is offline
Regular
 
Default best concealed weapons

i think the best concealed weapons are knives. they are swift, silent and easy to hide. plus u can easily make a knife out of metal, plastic, glass,etc.
 #2 
Old 2001-03-03, 06:55
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Yea I partialy agree, but a good ol saturday night aint 2 bad.
HAaHHHHHH cant stop It
 #3 
Old 2001-03-04, 18:57
raverz_choice raverz_choice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

your right destructo knives are great.

they are small, light, and easy to get rid off.
 #4 
Old 2001-03-04, 19:56
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Hmm it's a tuffy. You should never bring a knife to a gun fight, but at hth distance it's dumb to pull a pistol. I think the best concealed weapon would be a compact pistol along with a tactical folder. Having just a knife alone you are really at a disadvantage say some one comes after you with a shotgun. Unless you can get away or talk the guy down, you're pretty muched fucked. Having just a knife is a dumb idea. Hell a telescoping baton may even be better than a knife, you have extended reach and can knock a weapon out of someones hands.

Knives are only good for combat against an unarmed individual and only even up the odds against someone with a knife. But only in the case of someone being unarmed, does it give you any advantage.
 #5 
Old 2001-03-05, 00:21
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Ive got one of those batons, there quite nice.
 #6 
Old 2001-03-05, 01:39
eod eod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

I carry a benchmade 800 afck folder and i doubt i would ever try to use it for self defense .defense is the word right your not trying to win just trying to split,my wife carries pepper spray don't beleive it works just try it out on yourself not as intimidating as a club or a sharp blade but it doesnt have to be close and personel for it to work .
if a person has a knife what you should question is do they know how to use it.If they don't chances are they will depend to heavily on it that they won't even think to use the rest of there body to fight with .so the unarmed person might very well have the advantage ,If they know how to use it chances are they fight just as well unarmed .In that case run or shoot
 #7 
Old 2001-03-05, 02:34
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Shoot the biotch or learn how to knife fight and stab em in the stomach
 #8 
Old 2001-03-05, 03:45
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Though pepper spray too is good, it also has range limitations and you need to be conscience of high winds as well. I know it works. I got my lil sis a can and she accidentally somehow sprayed her room. We opened all the windows and doors and spent quite a bit of time outside. If used inside a home, you'd be in just as much dismay as the person sprayed.

The only problems I have with pepper spray and knives, is that they aren't a gun. What good does either do againts an aggressor that is out of range and shooting? I think a person properly motivated could get a few shots off having been sprayed, though likely to miss, it's better to have someone shooting at you permanently not able to shoot at you.
 #9 
Old 2001-03-06, 16:01
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Want distance?

Throwing knives.

Or, like my weapon-happy friend has, a blowgun. (He's the one with the throwing knives too, though.. the blowgun is for fun.)
 #10 
Old 2001-03-07, 06:41
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

If you cant get a gun there is a new kind of tazer which uses CO2 to fire a small non teathered self contained tazer projectile which uses a sticky condutive substace to attach itself to an attacker and incapacitate them.
 #11 
Old 2001-03-07, 13:32
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Can you accurately throw a knife 25yds and get a kill throw off before some one can fire a shot? I doubt it.

Blowguns for self defense? I don't like that idea. They are bulky and slow to use.

Unless you are on the offensive the two weapons above, used for their intended purpose aren't good choices.

I can't see a blow gun killing someone less it is poisoned, even then it would take some time to work. Though I've thought about capturing live snakes/insects and milking venom to try and make a coating for darts or a dart that will inject the venom. But again it would be an offensive weapons.
 #12 
Old 2001-03-07, 14:06
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

The blowgun was a joke, really.

The knives.. well.. faced up with a gun, no, you don't want throwing knives. It's true, the best defense against a gun is another gun.. but if you're good at being hidden, knives can be very good. Plus, they're quiet. Whatever gets the job done.
 #13 
Old 2001-03-08, 04:30
slit_yo_throat_bitch69 slit_yo_throat_bitch69 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Hey fuck that use a blade my favorite(guess where the name came from) like a K-Bar. A sock full o' pennies is effective. Or attck them wolvy-bezerk style and scare the shit out of them. My new favorite however is a big
stick, I call mine N.E.D. aka "nigger enforcemnt device" nah just joking but it is still effective.

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum
 #14 
Old 2001-03-19, 01:14
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

fuk...I think if you have a chance of ending up in a gun fight you are going to know it...gunfights dont happen like at all...unless you are in certain crowds......
 #15 
Old 2001-03-19, 04:09
Frostee3239 Frostee3239 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Smithee:
Ive got one of those batons, there quite nice.


yea i got two of those...they kick ass and they r easy to conceal



------------------
"Youth Aganist Authority"
 #16 
Old 2001-03-19, 04:47
The Real The Real is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

You don't know when you may get into a fight involving guns. Whoever told you that doesn't quite know what they are talking about, if you made that assumption, you're wrong.

You never know when you may get into a fight or what weapons will be brought to bear in that fight. Using any weapon should be avoided but it comes to weapons being drawn don't you want the most effective one? Nothin stops a person from doing harm better than almost dying or death itself. And nothing brings such a thing out better than a gun.
 #17 
Old 2001-03-19, 04:53
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

okay The Real...you ARE wrong...if you raise aggressions against people that fight or are physco in any way...are in a gang...or are in any weird shit like that you can be prepared...but...do you think some 15 yr old computer programmer who is in the middle of popularity rank...and has no enemies...should carry a gun on him every where...(just incase) someone pulls a gun on him?

use your fucking head. you can predict some things that would happen. alright?

------------------
The path to peace is paved in the bricks of war
 #18 
Old 2001-03-19, 08:12
rangeviper rangeviper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

first of all, no matter what weapon you choose to bring along, remember that used improperly it could end up being worse than having nothing at all. becasue if you have a knife or whatever, and you just have it for show, and don't really know how to handle it, then someone could easily disarm you. now they've got it, and who knows what they'll do.

I'm not sure that the Real is saying for EVERYONE to have a weapon, but if he is, than i'd just as soon have everyone have nothing. i'd much rather fight unarmed (vs unarmed guy) than with a weapon, even if the other guy has the exact same weapon and we both have the exact same knowledge.

i don't like the idea of using a weapon at any time, but i do agree that unfortunately nowadays, a lot of times it's needed. and like the Real says, why, going into a fight, would you want the other guy to have an unfair advantage? just be smart about it.

------------------
It's true that every time you hear a bell, an Angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire.
 #19 
Old 2001-03-19, 09:16
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Bullets are effective.

Swords are untraceable.

Trench coats are longer than swords.
 #20 
Old 2001-03-25, 05:10
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

The real problem with bringing weapons into a fight is that is ups the anti REALLY FAST and if you get charges pressed now you got assault with a deadly weapon on your ass rather than just aussault. Say you get in a fight the two of you are putting up fists and you go fuck this I want the advantage and draw your switch blade and go for the guy he jumps back mabye getting a small slit and draws his 45. Yes your fucked See you in Hell.

[This message has been edited by Frey Grimrod (edited 03-25-2001).]
 #21 
Old 2001-03-25, 13:34
Dark_Destiny Dark_Destiny is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

I got a baton quite nice and concealable for a fist fight. Butterfly knives rule. Switchblades a joke. A gun will rule the situation however. You don't have to kill or shoot people if you don't feel like it. But 99 out of 100 will back the fuck down when staring into the barel of gun.
 #22 
Old 2001-03-25, 18:12
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Yah and if you do go up against that 1 person outa a hundred who just gets pissed off with the barrel of a gun in thier face Id get the fuck outa there people like that got nothing to loose and that makes them one scary ass oponent.
 #23 
Old 2001-03-29, 09:16
Cap'n Carnage Cap'n Carnage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

where can i score a nice telescoping baton? i see everyone raving about them here...
 #24 
Old 2001-03-29, 09:16
Cap'n Carnage Cap'n Carnage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Carnage
where can i score a nice telescoping baton? i see everyone raving about them here...
 #25 
Old 2001-03-30, 02:46
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

i saw one at a flea market (a secret one) but it was too expensive
 #26 
Old 2001-04-02, 05:12
eggm4n eggm4n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

hey do you guys know where u can get tazzzzerz from?
i wanna tazzer some little fags that live in my st yo

thanx guys

------------------
eggm4n - B0rN 2 Paint!
 #27 
Old 2001-04-02, 15:26
dOpEsTeRChasE dOpEsTeRChasE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

fuck knives and pepper spray!
get a sawn off orange gun and carry the thing in your bag!!
thats got pleny off range and can fuck somone up
 #28 
Old 2001-04-02, 15:29
dOpEsTeRChasE dOpEsTeRChasE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

ps eggyboy dont think your tazzering me if u get your hands on one!! il get my nigger-be-kool-klub out on ya or even my skool made mallet!
 #29 
Old 2001-04-03, 02:22
slit_yo_throat_bitch69 slit_yo_throat_bitch69 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Pay attention young one. Get a nice piece of wood and name it. It needs to be about 1 to 1+1/2 feet. you get in a beef with someone hust walk away later on cum up from behind them and knock the shit out of them. I call mine N.E.D. which stands for nigger enforcement device. HeHe nah just joking.

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum
 #30 
Old 2001-04-04, 15:46
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

motha fuckas how about one of those big ass bazookas. Now that would be some kick ass conclead weapon, damn.

no but seriously nunchukus can hurt people (including you)
 #31 
Old 2001-04-05, 04:46
obiwan463 obiwan463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

I have a CCW, so I'd probably go with my Glock 23, I will not draw my weapon UNLESS I intend to shoot someone and then I Will kill,
it is areally good idea to just steer clear of that juvinile BS, Fighting is not a sport... Fight only if you can kill your opponent.. But if you have lost your temper you are already Screwed...

If you Kill, It will screw you up forever, not to mention changing YOU...Just Trust me on this. Marines are trained to kill.. but not without a price...
Obiwan463
 #32 
Old 2001-04-05, 19:28
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

..I have part of a lamp..
 #33 
Old 2001-04-09, 08:52
Dark_Destiny Dark_Destiny is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

I got mine at a pawn shop. I see em in catalogs but I dunno which one are just ripoffs and which are legit, look at butterfly knives they are hard to get used to but fun to play with once you get the hang of it.
 #34 
Old 2001-04-09, 09:28
eggm4n eggm4n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Hey guys why the fuck not stab some cunt in the face witha butter knofe

it would chunk and hurt the Cunt heaps

!
Ite!!!!

------------------
eggm4n - B0rN 2 Paint!
 #35 
Old 2001-04-09, 10:43
jailbird jailbird is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

www.usknife.com is a nice place to get those forementioned batons and other interesting items. Tazers, by the way, when shot at someone sprays a sort of "confetti" that contains a tracking number on every little neon piece. I have seen a demonstration at the Mall of America for these tools, and I was impressed, I certainly would not want to be shot by one. Anyways back to the batons, I have one that is about 36" extended and it is quite menecing when produced in a situation, I have had to use it three times to squelch dangerous situations and all three times, It was never challenged.
 #36 
Old 2001-04-10, 02:32
Student_Zer0 Student_Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

bazooka? Concealed? The fuck?

Idea: ...err....anything you conceal...could be a concealed weapon....

 #37 
Old 2001-04-10, 09:38
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

best concealed weapons are vials on acid of various types!!!
and they are easy to come by/make also !!


------------------
r3M|_4[]D|\|4yR
 #38 
Old 2001-04-10, 19:54
Kaliadele Kaliadele is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

I must disagree on most of you people's view on knives.
If someone with a knife knows what there doing they can get to you and deliver a disabling blow before someone with a gun has the time to lift the gun and shot. If you are trained to use a knife (I prefer aardvark butterflies) you can draw and defend yourself far faster than if you just happen to carry a gun.

Also a knife can do so much more damage. A bullet has a strait trajectory that will enter the body in a strait line. Yes guns can serious harm you but once the bullet is inside your body it often goes in so fast the exothermic heat from the bullet will cauterize the wound and the bullet if it stays in place which it usually does plugged the wound.

I knife in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing will never attack in a strait line. There are the 9 parallel planes of attack and all of those include a slicing action which harms the victim far more than a strait entry. Also the knife wielder will try the wiggle the blade as much as possible to slice as many internal organs as possible.

A knife demands skill. A gun demands nothing. I prefer to know what I'm doing.

There is also the legal standpoint to take into account. A knife in most states is viewed as a second class weapon so you will get off so much easier if you harmed someone with a knife than a gun.

All in all I like knives. I think that IF you know how to use them they are far more effective. if you don't....stick with the gun.


------------------
i dislike people
 #39 
Old 2001-04-10, 22:56
LON1 LON1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Kaliadele's got a damn good point...

- but -

Ever try to get a knife OR a gun by a metal detector (which are everywhere where I live)?

Nunchuckas all the way! In the hands of someone who knows how to use them, a good pair can deliver a blow with 800 ft lbs of force, and it only takes 12 to break the strongest bone in your body...
 #40 
Old 2001-04-10, 23:55
Kaliadele Kaliadele is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

well Lon that all depends on your skill level. I've been training in martial arts for 5 years...and nunchucku for 3 years but i'm still don't feel comforatable using them in a fight. Since useing them well requires that you hold them so loosle it's very east to loose your weapon if you panic. I've always seen them as an impracticale weapon in a street fight. Although there are really pretty in the hands of someone who uses them well




------------------
i dislike people
 #41 
Old 2001-04-11, 04:18
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

hell yeah LON1 nuchuckas are killers. Fumio Demura has some really good books out about them. CHeck em out.
 #42 
Old 2001-04-11, 17:25
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

There's one Bruce Lee movie, which I forget the name of, where he uses nunchaku to dispatch a gang of guys. Yes it's a movie, and yes they come at him one at a time, and yes, the scene is made to be funny. But watch how fast the weapon moves. Used with skill, anything that fast can be effective in a fight.
 #43 
Old 2001-04-11, 19:29
LON1 LON1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

The movie was Return of the Dragon.

Kaliadele, wasn't your argument concerning the knife that it required skill..?


(PS-

What style(s) have you studied/been studying?)

[This message has been edited by LON1 (edited 04-11-2001).]
 #44 
Old 2001-04-11, 22:45
Kaliadele Kaliadele is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Yeah lon it was i'm sorry i didn'r clarify my point enough. I meant to say that nunchucku's are great but the way they are used even if done correctly is hard to use effectivly. The main problem with them is if you panic you loose your weapon. ie. not good for a street fight where for a psychological viewpont it's hard to not panic......thast all i meant

------------------
i dislike people
 #45 
Old 2001-04-11, 23:01
LON1 LON1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Consider metal detecters...

If not two brutal-ass sticks tied together with a reach the length of your arm, then what? The only other thing I can think of would be Kevlar knives... but there has to be somthing better.
 #46 
Old 2001-04-12, 00:09
Kaliadele Kaliadele is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

they aren't well known but a hard plastic "asb" can be really effective. I'm a big fan of bow's too....but thats the martial arts in me

------------------
i dislike people
 #47 
Old 2001-04-12, 02:09
LON1 LON1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

where would you hide the arrows.....?


ouch.
 #48 
Old 2001-04-12, 03:17
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Like most of you I don't live on the goddamn streets and I have no need for a gun. A gun would actually be a bad thing considering 3 things. 1) law, 2) as stated it raises the anti of a fight and 3) most people aren't truly prepared to fire, only scare. A fight is a situation where you kill - or at least incapacitate, not something you should look for, which is what a gun does.

For me? I live in a very low crime rate place, but there are assholes so: if I had to carry a weapon it would be not a 'weapon' persay, but rather just something to inflict pain with. The assholes that run around the suburbs are pussies anyway.

A maglite. The small kind. Put any of their fingers in between the lite and your thumb and unless they are truly intent on killing you, its over. Break their thumb if you want. If they move to fast for you to grab a hand, just smack them with it. Those things are heavy and are in NO way considered a weapon by law.
 #49 
Old 2001-04-20, 05:26
rage rage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

I tend to disagree with real
in that a knife only gives you a advantage over someone who isnt armed if that person isnt trained to defend themselves unarmed against a knife
as for a gun or a knife???hard to say i have carried both but for distance I liked chinese stars.
 #50 
Old 2001-04-20, 08:28
dOpEsTeRChasE dOpEsTeRChasE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

 #51 
Old 2001-06-27, 04:33
m1066ad m1066ad is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

"Honorable" is a ridiculous concept, when used in the context of a physical fight.
 #52 
Old 2001-06-29, 16:05
Minami_Sasake Minami_Sasake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

"Honorable" is a very sound concept, when used proplerly. It makes you look like the good guy, no matter which way the fight goes.

And in response to stfudkhd's post, I DO carry a sword and knife, I AM well versed in their use, and if need be I WILL use them in a fight. Granted, I have more confrontations than fights, mostly I think because no one really wants to hit a girl. Especially one with a sword.



------------------
Day must fade to night,
Night must give in to sunrise,
I watch, silently.

~A Haiku, Minami Sasake
 #53 
Old 2001-06-29, 18:18
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Just out of curiosity, where do you carry your sword? Hip, back, inside a coat, etc.?
 #54 
Old 2001-06-29, 20:56
Minami_Sasake Minami_Sasake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Which? I keep my tanto strapped to the back of my belt. I normally wear the katana over my shoulder, but on dress occasions I keep both the wakizashi and katana at the waist.

------------------
Day must fade to night,
Night must give in to sunrise,
I watch, silently.

~A Haiku, Minami Sasake
 #55 
Old 2001-07-01, 07:05
stfudkhd stfudkhd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

psycho, why the hell would you want to carry a sword and a knife with you anyway ?

a knife, maybe because its useful as a tool, like i do

but a sword ? how often have you ever had to pull a sword on someone ? its a waste of time and space, not to mention youre stuffed if caught with it

no wonder japans a fucked up country, cos theres teens like you running around

and whats with the guys saying knives are for a quick and easy job ? are you all wannabe assassins or something ? knives are shit in a proper fight, but yes, they are good when you sneak up behind someone to slice their throat. and i doubt any of you will be doing that
 #56 
Old 2001-07-01, 14:59
Minami_Sasake Minami_Sasake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Japan need not worry about me because I don't live there anymore.

In total I think I've had to draw my sword with intentions of violence at least five times. Does it really matter to you that much?

------------------
Day must fade to night,
Night must give in to sunrise,
I watch, silently.

~A Haiku, Minami Sasake
 #57 
Old 2001-07-03, 01:40
preying mantis preying mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

stfudkhd, one question, have you ever meet anyone who can hadle a knife properly?

Most people view a knife as an offensive weapon, but i like to think of it as a defensive one.

A real fighter will use anything as a weapon of defense and attack. It is these people you want to back away from.
 #58 
Old 2001-07-03, 09:06
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: best concealed weapons

Now I'm wondering something else- if you've had to draw your weapon(s) that often (at least, to me, that's a lot, I've never had to deal with anything worse than a cheesy school fistfight), how many of them were prompted, in part, because you had them? It very well may be none, but I'm extremely curious if anyone has ever started something because they wanted to see if you were willing/able to use them.

If not, shit, I should start carrying one..
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics