|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-12-15, 22:43
|
CRaZy-CHiCkeN 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Fighting
Put any tips or stragities about fighting that you know please. Like takedowns, easy ways to hurt people, how to win a fight...things like that.
|
|
#2
 2000-12-16, 19:09
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
this is very complicated and takes many years to master but lets see what we can do.
LESSON 1: kicks Run up to your oponint and kick him right in the balls.
you have now mastered the kicks
LESSON 2: punches Run up to your opponint and drop on your knees now punch him directly in the balls.
you have now mastered punches
you are now fully ready beat up, kill, or severly hurt any man that has not been born with a testical handicap or that has had physical testical area reconstructive surgerie.
On a more seriose note you may wish to search the internet and learn more about tae Kwon Do or Karate (striking/blocking) or maybe Judo (throwing/grappling).
Punching somebody in thr neck can kicll but if done to less than extreme then it will just lead to pain when breathing or maybe a broken bone/vocal cord.
If you don't want to take the chance of accidentally killing or severly hurting someone then use your weight. if you are tall or fat you can use your weight to your advantage. force people to the ground if you are being forced to the ground pull them down with you.
If you are the small of the 2 then you may want to try diving at your oponint (spearing him) to knock him off his feet. If you have no fight training at all then you are screwed if you are the smaller of the 2 fighters unless you can get him on the ground and get in a few strategicly located hits.
If you get somebody down get on top of him and start punching him. personally I don't get on top of my oponints because i hate it when people do it to me. I would rather be kicked when I'm down because then at least you can get up.
If you want to kick the guy when he's down don't just kick him andywhere go for the kidneys (side of the body). it can knock the wind out of a person and even if it doesn't it still stings like a bitch.
some fighters attack a certain part of the body. look for weekness's, recent accidents, brueses, cuts, if he has any of those then go for them it will hurt double. If he has no such wounds then make one your self every time you get a chance punch his kidneys, when he's down kick his kidneys, and when grappling knee him in the kidneys (make sure it is the same one every time) and he will start to feel the pain. you could also work on one of his legs, everytime you are circling or waiting for one to hit kick him in his strong leg, when you have him down kick him in the same leg (behing the knee when hit will force a person to the ground.
I have to go I might post more tommorow or something but you seem to be practising for a fight with a strong person or have no fighting expieriance and I think that is why you want quik ways to beat someone well i will post some of them tommorow or something.
[This message has been edited by raverz_choice (edited 12-16-2000).]
|
|
#3
 2000-12-16, 20:15
|
Dye 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I agree with what Raverz Choice has said. If your opponent is bigger than you (They always are with me as I am a shortarse.) go for the weakest spots. Eyes, nose, throat and groin. A swift kick to the knee-caps is always good to get them down. Once down keep them there. If you can't win then inflict as much damage as possible and piss off sharpish. If they are really big use it against them, use the fact that you are smaller to stay out of reach and pick your moment to strike and make it count. Also if you can't take a beating then don't bother as someone is always better than you and sooner or later someone will kick your ass good style. The best thing to do if your a shortarse like me is get into some style of Kung Fu and kick ass that way, but Kung Fu take a lot of time and commitment. I wish you luck in your endeavours. Dye 
|
|
#4
 2000-12-17, 01:49
|
PcThUg2ooo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I am short and light for my age but i dont find it as being disadvantaged at all. I have done martial arts since i was 7 years old and gave up about a year ago (i did them for about 9 years), and i find that it is probably much more effective to use your oppentents weight against them, get them off balance and you can hurt them in hundreds of different ways. The only thing i can think of is if they have a longer arm span, that could be a disadvantage if it come down to a fist fight. I just try to stay as close to the person as possible and take them down any way i see necessary (even if this includes using weapons) i think that using anything in your reach to attack someone with is a very good idea, the simplest things can make good weapons. MY favorite is the 700ml beer bottles.
|
|
#5
 2000-12-17, 03:19
|
Phantom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
One technique that is amazingly effective is actually a defensive maneuver. Basically all you do is wait for them to throw a punch, and you use one hand to catch the inside of their wrist and the other to jam the elbow against the joint. Once you do this you can go a couple different directions, one you can take their arm, force them toward you (sidestep out of their way) and trip them as they go past you. Or you could break their arm or put them into a more secure hold, whatever. You'll probably have to put in a little effort with a friend to get this to work well, you'll need to develop a little speed and timing. Be careful when practicing this tho, you can easily break someone's arm this way. But it's very effective for the amount of effort you have to put in. I used this on a guy who was somewhat larger than myself, i did the trip on him right into a wall. The guy was very bloody and very unconscious, and all it took was an angry punch and a quick reaction.
|
|
#6
 2000-12-17, 15:14
|
sixspeed 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
good that what u want is CQB. lets get to militarilistic manevrs.
there are many, situations , they can usually be defeated by the, hammer n anvil method,
its more like the hname. what is needed is 2 grps, firastly that acts the aggressor, n the next that prevents the escape n corners the opponent.
then there's the hit n run, thats more of the gureilla tactic.
another is laying a trap, send a bait, that gets the opponent to think that they can beat the shit outta them, n they bring the hunters to the nest where the numbers are overwhelming n bingo .
all these are ground tactics .
when it comes to 1-on-1, well its ur presence of mind that matters most rather than size. what u need there is the thinking of an agressor, n u must know ur strength limits. thats when u can take on opponents easily.
------------------ ashes
|
|
#7
 2000-12-17, 21:55
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
pc, What martial art did you train in? if multiple what did you find most effective for non weapon street fighting?
|
|
#8
 2000-12-17, 22:09
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I found that just going absolutely nuts on somebody works well. When you put yourself in the psycho state of mind, you actually like pain and even more so to dish it out. Move around alot swing hard and often, if you can land a weak spot then do it. Just hit and kick and bite and whatever, just don't stop until you win. The only time this doesn't work is when you can't hit hard or hard enough to make your opponent feel much of anything. I hit a big black-samoan dude in the jaw once as hard as I could. I'm 5 10 240lbs and I can hit pretty hard. The guy just kinda looked at me for a sec then proceeded to beat my ass. I couldn't absord a punch from this guy, he only landed 3 or 4 times, but each time he landed one, I'd almost fall, the guy was a monster. I learned not to fight anyone twice my own size. I think I did hurt the guy once however, I was able to get a good solid heel strike to his shin. A few seconds later he walked away, I don't he could take that blow and was done with me, we both knew he won anways.
Rings are great for fighting too. I used to have a ring with a spread eagle on it. I used a file to sharpen the wings. I only fought once with it on. I only landed 2 punches and fucked the guy up pretty bad. The first one I justjabbed to his cheek he fell down and got up real quick. He then charged me and got my legs. We both went down and he started elbow me in the face, but not that hard (it didn't really hurt anyways). I pushed him off me and we both got up real fast. He tried to run but grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him back to me, the same time a took a hell of a swing and pulled him as hard as I could into it. My fist found contact with his bottom lip and must of slid up his cheek all the way to his ear. Evident by the skin layed open from my ring. He hit the ground and just layed there. When we both were allowed to return to school he brought some big crazy guy to beat my ass. So I duked out with him as well. This guy was utterly fucking psycho acting, I was intimidated going in, but then I just started doing what he was doing. It was a long 15min scrap, my equal this guy was. We both came out hurting, but he didn't have any fight left, I only won by outlasting the guy. From then on I tried to fight like that in every other fight I was in. For the most part it worked very well, except that big Samoan mother fucker that so easily whooped my ass.
|
|
#9
 2000-12-17, 22:49
|
j0662 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
if u realy want to learn how to fight, i recomend u learn JuJitSu, it isnt a sport and so you dont learn any of the cerimonial crap, u learn how to fight, and it realy does work. it dosnt say to punch fast etc, the first leason i had i learnt to break there knee to get them on the floor then land on thier throught and balls, whilst braking thier neck. Try a lesson or two, belive me, Jujitsu is the best marshall art going
|
|
#10
 2000-12-18, 02:00
|
Phantom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Have any of you seen a good capoeirista fight? Crazy shit that it is. I was at my high school a couple years ago and this little guy was being harrassed by some senior varsity asshole, he pushed the little guy around (who i later discovered was brazillian) and he started to dance around bizarrely, the jock laughed at him, moved to strike him and lighnting fast, the brazilian ducked down, threw out a leg and took that dumbass jock's legs right out from under him and landed very hard and from what i hear he cracked a couple ribs. I had to ask the guy what he studied, and he told me, Capoiera. More of a game than a fight, but when used for defense, it was very cool to behold and very confusing to watch for the poor unsuspecting victim. Since then, i've studied capoiera and its the funnest style i've ever studied. I highly reccomend it if you're flexible enough.
|
|
#11
 2000-12-18, 07:50
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
A lot of people think Capoeira is a very special style for fighting in Brazil or something, but that shit can mess people up.. a friend of mine took some classes at a nearby college, and the instructor could do every (or almost every) single move that Eddy from Tekken 3 can do. That's some insane shit. It takes incredible athletic ability to be that good, though.
|
|
#12
 2000-12-18, 18:19
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
how would somebody incite a fight? like starting it? a few days ago I was at a local hockey game and a guy I dislike was there and didn't want to fight (pussy prep). When I want somebody to fight should I try minamal (swearing), medium (pushing), or maximum (pushing head against something, little jabs) prefight damage?
those fucking preps though many are weak individually they uesually jump in before the fight is over and it really sucks after a while.
I figure next time I see any one of them alone I am just going to kick there ass and one by one untill they just understand that I am not bullshitting and they should keep there mouths shut.
although they outnumber us 3-1 and have some really stong guys we still have the strongest 2 so I figure we will come out on the top in the end.
|
|
#13
 2000-12-18, 20:04
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
You can do anything, but you're probably better off being subtle and making him want to fight you so that you can point the finger if shit goes down badly and the Running Bacon gets involved.
|
|
#14
 2000-12-19, 00:06
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Geez, I take a few days off and it alll goes hog-wild. Where to begin.
A) JuiJitsu is good, but grappling is not the end all to REAL fights. Becoming a well balanced fighter is the only way to stay on top.
B) Real: Right on, just about any untrained fighter will flee in the face of unexpected agression. Particularly with the shock of violence added in. Make noise and when you hit do it fast and hard. LOL, sorry about your ass whoopin' but I'm sure it happens to the best of us. Lesson learned for the rest of us? Never fight an opponent you can't hurt. I have a handful of steel rings at home because well, you never know...
C) Capoeira is one of the most impractical ridiclous fighting styles I've ever seen. It is however nice to watch and very good exercise. It is only half fighting, and half dancing. From what I understand, this was necessary in the creation of the style as it was practiced by Brazillian lower class(Slaves?) and they needed a martial art that they could practice without giving suspicion to they upper class that they were preparing for combat. Similar to the Nunchuckau and 3 piece rod of Asia in origin.
D) Starting fight because you "don't like," someone is the Hallmark of a True Asshole. Congratulations, consider this your offical asshole confirmation RC. I find spitting in a mans face is a sure fire way to get them to swing and usually full out charge even if he doesn't think he can win. Something about another guys wetness on your face that usually hits a nerve. (No comments Rob!) I'd say go for a, "Hey what's your problem!" As he comes in, that is usually sufficent to get a crowds attention in your favor as long as your not a known thug asnd don't look like one. Remember starting fights gets you arrested and if you started it, well then you deserve what you get.
The way of a true warrior is the way of peace, but the road to peace is paved with the stones of war.
|
|
#15
 2000-12-19, 03:47
|
Phantom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Hey Spiff, my mestre could easily do anything eddy gordo does, and a HELL of a lot more. The guy is damned amazing. From what i read about the guy that Namco motion captured for their character, he was easily capable of so much more.
And Eldritch, what you probably saw was the jogo (game) version of capoiera. In a real situation, a good capoerista will immediately do what he knows is lightning fast and what works. He will also be a lot more cautious, doing less dancing around. I saw a sr student in my class in fight, all he did was a weird move called a tombo de laderio that is basically a quick trip, quick snap kick to the solar plexus, and the guy wasn't up for few minutes. we only dick around all fancy like when we're playing. But me, i'm not advanced enough in capoiera to feel comfortable fighting like that. I would just go to freestyle insanity for that right now.
|
|
#16
 2000-12-19, 17:30
|
The Real 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
The best fighter I've ever seen was somewhat of a little guy. I saw him get his ass kicked plent of times, but only by people more experience and much bigger than he was. He had trained in many martial arts, he was even talked to the Olympics, however his extended drug use put a quick end to it. The reason I think he was the best is that anyone his size would be absolutely pummeled before they knew the fight had even started. He couldn't hit pretty solid, but he was fast and deadly accurate. I sparred with him a few times for the hell of it. We went full on sparring a couple times, but he'd go easy, just going till I was wore out. His hits were easy to absorb for the most part, but he hit so fast and so many times it you don't know what to do. His blocking was unrivaled to anyone I know and so was his tolerance for pain. He'd fight people that he knew could probably damn near kill him for the experience of it all. He was an asshole and not a good friend of mine, but I must have respect for the way he fought. He did fight one of my buddies once, about the same size as me. I'd say the equalled out. Any puch he threw that landed never really landed in a soft spot. My buddy I don't think landed more than 2 punches, but even those were thrown astray by missed but contacted blocks.
His kicks were impressive as well, his name was Alec, now I can stop using "his" and "he" so often. Anyway Alec's kicks were impressive. He took out a guy with a kick to the chest, it knocked the down after he took about 6 steps back and he couldn't breath. Fight over.
I don't think I'll ever be flexible and squirrely enough to fight like that. I can just do what I do:swing hard, swing often, block what I can, and take what I can't. It's worked for me many times.
I'd say one of the best places to instigate or get into a fight without being an asshole is at concerts, in the pit. It's a given thing to be violent and accepted. But people do stupid things:like kicking when they are being surfed. Very dumb move, it's too easy to win that one if you just got kicked. Just grab the guy and pull down hard enough to break the crowd lift, then body slam the mother fucker shoulders first into the hard ground. They won't get back up under their own power, if they do then gettem while their coming back up, fight over. Find a pretty violent pit and just jump in. In no time there will be someone jacking you in the face or whatever. Beat the hell out of eachother, no hard feelings when it's over. In fact I ended up drinking beer with some guys I fought in the pit at the last Metallica concert. All we could say was, that was a hell of a pit.
It's also a different kind of fighting, very chaotic. You never know where to expect a hit to come from or who where your next hit will end up going. It can get weird too. I've seen girls going at it with guys in pits, it's messed up to see a girl get punched by a guy, but she wanted it. Later on I saw the same girl win a fight with another guy.
|
|
#17
 2000-12-19, 17:32
|
Cube 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
get really strong, then pull there head clean of and use it as a basketball.
|
|
#18
 2000-12-19, 18:20
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I am not the asshole this guy used to have his friends beat me up because he didn't like me and now that I am hitting puberty getting bigger and stronger the little punk is always a puss so i am going to beat his ass and his friends if they try to stop the fight.
Did you all see bloodsport? good movie, to much training and not enough fighting at the start though but at the end thats when it gets good because its like 20 minutes of solid fighting. lots can be learned by mastering the art of mimicking.
|
|
#19
 2000-12-19, 18:27
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
does anybody know of some good martial art websites where they show techniques and stuff? I am not really a good fighter I am just strong. I have no technique I just run into a fight and use my over all strengh and indurance to help me beat up people my size but I want to move up and become a better fighter.
kicks, blocks, and the such is what I need.
|
|
#20
 2000-12-19, 19:14
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Phantom: I've seen Cap in the dance (real cute) and in training. Not me personnally, but a frined of mine took for a while. His main concern was using it to get women though. Put any Cap fighter against a Muai Thai fighter (a style which covers comperable ground in my opinion) and you'll see a Cap fighter get the shit kicked out of him.
RC: Self Defense is the only GOOD reason to fight. Period. Sometimes you don't need a GOOD reason, just a good reason. ANYWAY, I don't know any websites off the top of my head, there is usally a martial arts section in your local library where you can study some of the more traditional structure of many styles. It's a good starting ground.
|
|
#21
 2000-12-19, 20:22
|
chase161 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
The best tip for fighting that I can give you is to knock the other guy on the ground. There are a number of ways to do this: First, you can kick him right where his knee bends and try to break it. If it doesn't break add a couple of punches to the jaw until he's on the ground. Second, you can wrestle him to the ground, but this way is more dangerous. Once on your opponent is on the ground, feel free to start shelling out kicks to his head: if he blocks the kicks, simply kick him in the ribs until he lets his guard down. Then it's open season on his ass.
|
|
#22
 2000-12-19, 23:03
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
unless I am almost beat i wouldn't kick somebody in the head but the ribs and kidneys well thats different.
I am going to try a crazy type style of fighting. run in go under there opening punch and grab there body. I would then use my overall strengh to force them onto the ground where I would kick the shit out of them. I would let them up after a few kicks and then probably go for a boxing match. after taking a hit I would attack him again once again forcing him to the ground where I would knee him. when somebody jumps fairly high and kees you in the stomache it hurts and you will most likely not whant to continue the fight. if the bitch still has some fight in him I would finish him of with some long distance kicks to the area that I kneed him in.
thanks for the advice and your right the library is a good place to start. My town has no training centre but it will have a boxing centre soon so i will be looking forward to that.
around the age of 11 I started getting fat, I have stopped myself from getting fatter and have lost alot of it but my body was losing weight so quikly and now it just stopped any of you know why or how to make my body continue to lose weight while I train in martial arts?
|
|
#23
 2000-12-20, 01:41
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Head kicks are a good way to get in trouble. Any kicks to a man on the ground are. Unless he's armed you will not be able to put up a strong self defense arguement if you kick motherfucker in the head/ribs/whatever while he's down. FYI kicking a guy with steel toe boots is grounds for an assault with a deadly weapon charge in Cali.
RC: If you want him like that here's my call, hit him football style hard and low, see if you can get your arms around to pull him up a bit and dump him on his back. When you're on top spring your knees to your chest quick like you're doing crunches and drop them on his shoulders, if you can pin your knees just past the shoulders on the outside so his biceps are held beneath the tops of your shins, you're in the money. If you outweigh him as you sound, that pin will be the death of him. Use the heel of your palm to rain blows onto his forehead. The impact between your hand and the ground should leave very little fight left in him after but a few blows if more than one, assuming this is on a solid surface..
[This message has been edited by Eldritch (edited 12-20-2000).]
|
|
#24
 2000-12-21, 19:11
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I think I outweigh him, whatever. I will just do whatever seems best in each given situation. I got a tea kwon do book in the local library it seems that in tea kwon do they focus on blocking a lot. I always thought of it as a striking art. well I am going to learn the blocking and some of the stricking parts of it then I will learn about the ju-jitsu striking methods and from there i will look into further studing one of those arts or moving on.
head strikes, that would be cool. ever find yourself in the position where you and another guy are grappled you and the other guy are exchanging knee hits and trying to wrestle the other to the ground, now who would expect the other guys forhead to come crashing down on your nose and upperlip?
|
|
#25
 2000-12-21, 22:49
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Tae Kwon Do is a bad idea to try using in a real fight.. especially if you're a big guy learning it out of a book. Almost anything else would be more effective overall, and for you even more so.
|
|
#26
 2000-12-22, 01:24
|
Gravehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Tae Kwon Do teaches some useful stuff, and I've benefited a lot from it (but I'm a little fast guy who got his black belt).
My instructor is the most amazing fighter I have ever seen. He's intensely studied Tae Kwon Do, Jujitsu, grappling, Hop-kido, Aikido, and KaJuKemBo (Karete, Judo, Kempo, and Boxing mixed together). He also did some crazy Chi shit at a demonstration that made me believe it works. He held his arm out from his body, and concentrated for a couple minutes. He nodded, and this guy about his size, maybe a little bigger, held on to my instructor's arm and pulled his legs up. They guy hung off my instructor's arm for about 10 seconds, and his arm did not MOVE. The shitty part is he told us all before he did it not to even ask him to teach us.
If you want to be a good fighter, study everything you can find, especially Kajukembo (that shit is badass!). If you can learn to manipulate chi...tell me, I want to learn.
|
|
#27
 2000-12-22, 02:17
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
RC: TKD has a lot of high Kicks. High kicks get you beat up. It has valid strikes you can use, I'm sure but I would say avoid any kicks that take your foot above your other leg's thigh until you are much more accomplised. Hell I'd say just always avoid them, but that's for me and my style. I'm a very defenseive fighter. I'm more concerned with NOT getting hurt than anything else when I HAVE to throw down. Learn the blocks, learn all the blocks you can from everywhere you can. More often than not, the winner of the fight is the guy who limps and bleeds the least when you both stagger away. Head Butts SUCK. They are cool for desperation moves I guess, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've NEVER liked the result. That shit just hurts unnecessarily. Your head should be one of your most heavily protected areas in my opinion so I don't want to go bashing it into shit.
Grave: Very cool. He sounds like a very well rounded fighter. Good luck on Ki(Chi) training. That is the sort of stuff masters devote their entire lives to. Most are very selective who they teach such special meditation techniques too, but there are books out there on Qui Gong and such if you really want to get into it. I don't suggest practicing by yourself though. It's the sort of thing I feel you really need a mentor for.
|
|
#28
 2000-12-22, 05:22
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Gravehead (and anyone else), here's a similar trick to what your instructor did that you can practice. Hold your arm straight out, palm up, and ask a friend to bend it, outmuscling you. Most people will be able to do it. After that, stand there with your arms at your sides, look at your feet, and picture yourself standing in water. Slowly visualize the water coming up through your feet, up your legs, torso, and finally your arms. Put your arm out as it fills, and when you can see the water clearly shooting out your fingertips, nod (or otherwise signal) so that your friend tries again.
As long as your concentration is solid and they don't do anything that would physically force your arm to bend (like squeezing your bicep while pushing up on your wrist), your arm won't bend. It may go up and down, but it will stay straight. This is something our sensei did with us a couple of times in class, with people who had never done any chi exercises before, and we all pulled it off with some measure of success. It works.
|
|
#29
 2001-01-04, 14:54
|
Cube 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
hey have anyone of you guys seen the crazy shyt that the shaolin monks do like lie on spears and stuff, if you have not it is worth checking out, they make bruce lee look like a amatur... i may well be going to train at the temple in the near future.
|
|
#30
 2001-01-04, 14:57
|
Cube 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
oh and can anyone tell me why Tae Kwon Do have closed tournaments? they say they are open but only to tae kwon do  are they afraid of being beaten?
|
|
#31
 2001-01-04, 18:50
|
Gravehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
What? Tae Kwon Do tournaments only allow Tae Kwon Do? No kidding?
Tae Kwon Do tournaments are open to those who train in Tae Kwon Do. Tournaments are usually sponsored by a specific organization for members of that organization (one in the US is the American Tae Kwon Do Association). An "open" tournament, at least as I've seen, uses fewer sparring rules (Tae Kwon Do has very specific sparring rules that differ very little across the world) and allows weapons katas.
|
|
#32
 2001-01-04, 22:50
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
i did some ki exercises back when i took a gifted class with a large asian woman. this was back in the 8th grade. i had just gotten out of the hospital when i noticed that when i walked down the hallway, cane and all, people kept shoulder checking me and some people almost knocked me on my ass. one day, i got so sick of it that i asked my teacher (i was the only person in that gifted class) if she knew anything that i could do to avoid being pushed around when i walk. due to the metal in my left leg, my walking is somewhat unstable. i can ,or could anyway, be knocked aside by a bump. she told me to stand with my feet at shoulder width apart. she pushed me decently hard. i had to take a step back. she then told me to close my eyes and visualize roots growing from each foot into the ground. they seemed to not only extend into the ground but to wrap themselves over my feet and then back under the ground again. i pictured the world with me standing at one point and at the opposite side, roots starting to spring up and latch onto things. she pushed me again. i didn't budge. i didn't even feel her pushing on me. when i opened my eyes, she had ALL of weight on me trying to push me. i stood unmoved. i was pretty impressed. i thanked her and spent the rest of the day walking the hallways practically over and through people.
it was great. i still use that technique. works like a charm.
|
|
#33
 2001-01-05, 16:55
|
Icewind 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Good site about fighting concepts. http://www.fighting.org/ www.fighting.org ------------------ 
|
|
#34
 2001-01-08, 17:53
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
why do you asume that 2 people will walk away, fights go on as long as they have to. you don't stop fighting until you are ready to give up or everyone knows that the person your are fighting has lost.
|
|
#35
 2001-01-23, 19:14
|
Eldritch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I've seen my fair share of fights, and almost ALWAYS the loser leaves on his own feet. Half the time the fight is broken up before it's totally resolved and the rest either involves dude taking off or being helped away by his friends, police, or paramedics. I've never seen a fistfight result on someone being placed from their back on to a stretcher.
|
|
#36
 2001-03-16, 15:59
|
CRaZy-CHiCkeN 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
ICE, how did u put the pic there?
|
|
#37
 2001-03-17, 05:29
|
rangeviper 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
jiu-jitsu is the most effective martial art in my opinon. true, all fights don't reach the point of grappling, but how many really end with haymakers either? most people think jiu-jitsu is the same as judo, using lots of throws. it is similar in parts but that's the same of all martial arts. if you study brazilian, gracie or any other style of jiu-jitsu (other than traditional) they will teach you all about kicks, punches and other modern strikes. there are very few throws in jiu-jitsu. there are many takedowns, but the most simple is to just get a hold of them and let your let your feet go. you don't have to really know what you're doing like you would if you were to bother trying to sweep his legs or anything, just let your weight bring him down. then, once on the ground, the key is to let him wear himself out. even if you're on the bottom, don't struggle, don't panic. even if you know no jiu-jitsu remain calm, and simply cling to him, keeping limbs and head away from any strikes he may try to land. it's almost like an extended bear hug. he'll try to get free and use up very precious energy doing so. meanwhile, you are using less energy and need less strength to simply hang on. in a fight, my first objective is always get to the ground. if you do know this martial art, this is where the fun begins. while he's worrying about getting loose, you're busy figuring out which limb of his to break first. most are simply joint locks and joint manipulation and take more knowledge than strength. if there are no easy openings, throw a few kidney shots. simple rabbit punches will do, because any kind of shot to the kidney will make you reflexivly (sp) drop your arms to protect it (although you would think it, that's not true about every part of the body). if you don't know anything and still end up on the ground, and therefor don't know what does what, then simple common sense will help. the face (especially the nose and even ears) are great targets. even a weak shot to the nose will make his eyes water so he can't see. the only thing he can do is pull his hands up to wipe his eyes, leaving his body exposed to punishment. and you may not think about it, but just let someone smack you in the ears a few times and see how long it takes before you start to have to put your arms up to block it. if it's a real fight, that was started by the other guy, i'd have no reservations about kneeing him in the nuts. just make sure you get him flush in the nuts or you'll just make him mad and he'll then try the same to you. kidneys are always vulnerable, especially if you can hit them from behind. and if you're on the ground, with him on top, the best thing to do is wrap your legs around him and use your heels to kick them. very effective. pressure points also work well but are hard to nail the first time and in a fight, the firt time might be the only chance you get so i don't bother wasting time thinking about them... anyone still readin at this point? anyway. where was i? oh yea. chokes are my favorite submission move right now. there are many chokes that can easily be learned, ones that involve using the persons own clothing against them. you can do a choke from the front or rear, anything from a basic naked choke, to my personal favorite triangle choke using your legs. other good targets on opponents are the back of his knees. a few heel drops on them and that will put an end to him trying to stand up. and even under the arms is good becasue of all the sensitive nerves there. hey, you gotta work with what you got. anyway, that's all i'll post for now, i don't know if anyone will even read to this point. if you do and agree with me or have any question or anything, then feel free to comment or ask. i have had the privilige or training in this martial art for years and would be happy to help.
------------------ I wish everybody would have to have an electric thing implanted in our heads that gave us a shock whenever we did something to disobey the president. Then somehow I get myself elected president.
|
|
#38
 2001-04-12, 00:30
|
LON1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Rangeviper
I have studied Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and you make a good point, but Jiu-Jitsu is not the end-all and be-all. Have you ever tried to take down a Judo practitioner? That's like trying to punch a boxer... There is a better way! They key to any fighting (reality or sport) is being rounded. Tae Kwan Do teaches you to keep your opponent at a distance where you can use your longest weapon (leg) against the closest target. What happens when you get close to a TKD fighter and use Muay Thai's elbows and knees? Simple. He loses.
If you paint your entire house one color it will only appeal to some people; it will be boring.
If you only learn one way to fight some one will know your "style's" weakness; you will be defeated.
Learning all that you can is the only way to achieve hand-to-hand invinciblity.
|
|
#39
 2001-04-12, 07:50
|
rangeviper 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
LON1...
no doubt. i agree it is best to be well versed in many different aspects of martial arts and many different disciplines. i was just stating my personal favorite style is jiu-jitsu.
yes, i've practiced getting judo players to the ground, and that example is a great one, because shit, i agree, it sure is tough.
------------------ ...ever since, I've been The Champ.
|
|
#40
 2001-04-12, 21:36
|
Kaliadele 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
taekwondo has both closed and open tournements. In my area at least. The only closed tournements i've ever been to were the state and national tournements.
TKD does use kicks, but kicks to the head are only stressed in forms. I've never seen them used at any other time.
i'm a small person. i'm 4'10" and 97lb TKD works well for me. it's useless for a large person. i'm thinking that may be some of your problems with it. I personally am a really close fighter becuase against most people i can reach them but i'm so close to them they can't reach me. Judgeing from all your expiriences with TKD mine don't seem to be the same. i see few of the problems you do. but oh well it's all personal preference. If it works for you go for it.
------------------ i dislike people
|
|
#41
 2001-04-12, 22:09
|
LON1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
Well, I'm 6'2", 150 lbs, and I have benifited largely from TKD. When you are tall like me your legs tend to be long, and TKD tought me (more so than any other art) how to use them to my advantage. When you mention head kicks I think you must be talking about a round house or some other "from the outside" manuver, because I have found that a straight sidekick to the face really messes up the other guy. Being able to kick high also allows you to do things like grab an arm, hook kick over it and drop into an armbar (Sambo). There is no sound like that which a dislocating elbow makes  (Especially paired with the screams of "My Nose!!")
|
|
#42
 2001-04-13, 07:28
|
rangeviper 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
you seem to know your shit pretty well LON1. cool. i'm 6'2", about 200lbs so i've got a bit of size on you, but of course we all learn early that size doesn't matter... (in fighting, anyway).
------------------ ...ever since, I've been The Champ.
|
|
#43
 2001-04-13, 14:39
|
DoPesTeR-DaZe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I did kickboxing for around 9 months twice weekly...this is more than enough time to learn most of the punches and kicks you are going to use in a fight. After this its mainly practice. i try to avoid fights whenever posible but ive found the best way to fight is to be resoursful..... pick up any posible weapon nearby.... if theres none, then run from the antagonist until you find one, turn back and fight with the weapon. another good one if you cant win is to cop the hits , find out where the sucker lives and damage his house.... other techniques can be employed to scare the victim after the fight but as for heat of the moment...yeah...weapons work well.... try biting as well, this scares a lot of people! peace
------------------ r3M|_4[]D|\|4yR
|
|
#44
 2001-04-13, 19:29
|
LON1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
When you say you "took kickboxing," you don't mean Muay Thai right?
Personaly, I believe that the person with the weapon (as long as it's not a gun) is at the disadvantage. When I confront you (hypotheticaly) and you pick up a stick you are thinking: hit him with the stick. When I approach you I have the advandtage of realiziing MY tools, i.e. feet, knees, hands, elbows, and head. I can promise you that I know how to use my tools much more efficiently than you know how to use yours. I have been attacked by weapons, and by multiple people, and I think they are even easier to bring down. In a group, when they are trying to figure out who's going high and who's going low or what ever they are trying to do... I demolish them. With a weapon, I take into consideration that most people don't know what they are doing with it, and the ones that do forget about the rest of their tools. You've spent your whole life learning how to use your body, but how long practicing with your impromtu weapon??? Just a thought.
[This message has been edited by LON1 (edited 04-13-2001).]
|
|
#45
 2001-04-14, 04:02
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
That's a good point, about someone who just picks up a stick, but there's a small catch- someone who does so, and concentrates on using that, most often has no idea how to use the rest of their tools anyway, so the stick (or what have you) becomes one weapon as opposed to zero. Those who do, if they pick anything up at all, will generally not forget that they have other weapons at their disposal.
|
|
#46
 2001-04-20, 05:17
|
rage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I studied a few diferent things and had alot of fights.not tornaments although I have competed in some but real fights in the streets when I used to deal and work for grey area people.The fights that generaly only one person walks from,I am not bragging just trying to express my background in this area.I am about 5-5 and weigh 145 pounds In my opinion for me anyway kenpo was the most effective..But I also have the opinion that no art or form no matter how much you studie can ensure you will win so there is no HOW TO WIN A FIGHT.It is something you develope deep inside i cant explain it but you not only need to be in physical shape but need to develope the mind set that you refuse to give in and refuse to lose.For me my philosophy was always if I can breath I can fight and I would just refuse to stop until I was the only one awake.But I think it is the individuals desire to survive more then the style..just my opinion some of my favorite moves are when you know it is goin to get physical but it hasnt gone there yet. 1...spit in their face as you move in (this generaly throws them off gaurd as it is a natural reaction to close your eyes,cover your face and/or step back) 2..as you move in bring your kneee up into their groin hard and try to stick your fingers into their collarbones and pull toward you.if you cant get them in there just grab the shirt skin or whatever 3..they hopefully will be leaning over impaled on your knee in pain and shock,this is where i release the collarbones and execute a ridge hand to each ear or as they punch i try to step inside spining so they move into a raised elbow as i complete the spin i smash a hard punch into their ear and I also think that anyone who feels the need to fight just out of not liking someone needs a good asswhiping almost forgot..one more opinon all fighters get beat.i had a instructor that used to say there are 2 types of fighters those that have been beaten and those that will be.because there will always be someone better,and you dont truly begin to learn to win fights until youve lost some my best tactic??? try not to have to fight
|
|
#47
 2001-04-20, 07:45
|
rangeviper 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
I've said it before and i'll say it again now. I think using a weapon is for pussies. If you can't fight with your hands, then don't get into a fight in the first place. ONLY if you're being jumped, or attacked without provocation, etc would I even remotely consider using a weapon.
------------------ ...ever since, I've been The Champ.
|
|
#48
 2001-04-20, 20:36
|
rage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
is that movie any good???
|
|
#49
 2001-04-22, 00:06
|
Cube 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
iron vest kungfu is a magnificent kungfu style... if someone hits you with a sharp knife in the chest you just get a laceration, it cannot penertrate the muscle layer 
|
|
#50
 2001-05-23, 19:12
|
tWiStEdUp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Fighting
The EASIEST and quickest way of learning to fight is to get a video from Paul Vunak (Jeet Kune Do) called the "RAT Method" (Rapid Assault Tactics).
Get that video and you'll be glad you did! However, realize that your training only BEGINS there! Those tactics will help you to STREET FIGHT (trust me on this) but you need on-going training to develop your over all attributes. Joining a club devoted to this purpose (or starting one yourself) will help you develop those skills.
Paul Vunak's website is: www.fighting.net
Also, get Matt Thornton's 3 set video series called "Functional Jeet Kune Do" if you are serious about learning to fight! Matt's website is: www.straightblastgym.com
Those two guys are the ONLY ones to listen to imo!
Happy Training!
John Kogas (Triad JKD Association) http://members.tripod.com/tjkda (Please note, this site is currently under construction)
[This message has been edited by tWiStEdUp (edited 05-23-2001).]
[This message has been edited by tWiStEdUp (edited 05-23-2001).]
[This message has been edited by tWiStEdUp (edited 05-23-2001).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|