About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-02-01, 07:11
Masahed Masahed is offline
Regular
 
Default Amphetamine question

Hello, could somebody please tell me how to make amphetamine from phenylalanine.I've read its quite simple but have never heard of the stuff you need, & have no info on the method.Also, would the product be any good? Where would I get the ingredients (i'm in england). Please help. Ta.
 #2 
Old 2003-02-01, 09:13
mirahkul mirahkul is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amphetamine question

there is a method in the 'journal of chemistry education' (or similar name) ..I dont remember where I read it...I think it was published there in 1979...however, the method called for phenylacetone....same thing??? anyone know 'nomenclature' ( ahh, my education IS payin' off)...apparently tho 'methamphetamine' is "the" synthesis if you read much here. and also where to find chemicals
 #3 
Old 2003-02-01, 18:49
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amphetamine question

No the phenylacetone method is different phenylacetone=P2P you need to condense this with methylamine to get meth.

Phenylalanine is an amino acid and theorhetically you can reduce the carboxilic acid into a methyl. This is extremely difficult and there is a write up on rhodium, but as far as I can tell it is bullshit and no one has ever done it clandestinely. The reduction uses a hydrogenation apparatus, expensive catalyst, high pressure fuel cell grade hydrogen and some experience. It is not something a beginner can do at home.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics