About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-27, 20:01
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Ammonium Nitrate

Could this be subsituted for anhdryous ammonia in some fashion. I Hvae found alot on this as far as chemical makeup, data sheets, but figured someone here could give me a more direct answer than what I am finding
 #2 
Old 2003-01-27, 23:52
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

Nevermind, I did some experimenting, seems like it don't want to react unless with water.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-28, 03:27
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

No it can't be subbedbut you can get ammonia from it by dissolving it and adding dissolved lye to it, the ammonia will come off.


There are no substitutes for anhydrous ammonia that are easier or cheaper or less suspicious to get!! OK? It's that simple.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-28, 04:28
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

Yup, you made that completely understandable. And this is a project I am keeping tight lipped about, So I damn sure don't want to announce in a suspicous manner that I am in search of something like that. Actually about 90% of all my socialising is done on my computer, But if a guy aint carefull these square headed whores will shout it all out too. I am thinking about setting up something to do the procedure to get the annie that you spoke about in my other post.

Sam
 #5 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:35
jonnie fast jonnie fast is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

quote:
Originally posted by Sam63:
Could this be subsituted for anhdryous ammonia in some fashion. I Hvae found alot on this as far as chemical makeup, data sheets, but figured someone here could give me a more direct answer than what I am finding


I have foud that in some labwork of mine that NH3anhydres is created when heat was supplied to RF and a few chem's under
pressure

 #6 
Old 2003-01-29, 01:52
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

RF what the hell is that?

Anhydrous ammonia can be made from hydrogen and nitrogen at about 1000atm pressure and several 100 degrees celcius, over an iron catalyst and even then you only get less than 30% yield.

 #7 
Old 2003-01-29, 02:16
Desoxyn Desoxyn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

Ive had slight sucess dreaming about disolving ammonia salts into methyl alcohol [heet] then adding lye to liberate the ammonia into the alcohol, chilling, then adding pseudo and lithium. Rp showed up so this dream ended quickly. Maybe someone could start whare I left off.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-31, 22:08
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

Well too be honest I have been having satsfactory results this way. Taking household ammonia, freezing it, dumping off the ammonia, whats left is water, did this a couple of times, till I got all the ammonia to come away from the water as I could w/ this procedure.The I took epson salt laid it out on a cookie sheet backed for a couple of hours on 350 degrees. Ran the ammonia through it while it was warm, used a coffee filter inside a funnel. then poured in the salt, then ran the ammonia through it, Sheeesh watch the pissy smell, gets rough. Got some straight damn good Effie, I ordered online. And I made some beautifull stuff man. Can't say i got the best return in the world, but the LI disolved like nobodys bussiness, and the product makes one hell of of a pretty sight when the heat is removed and viewed through a lightbulb. Legs for days.

I know someone will say I am full of shit.
But these are my trued findings.

TS
 #9 
Old 2003-02-01, 04:32
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

One more thing, try to find ammonia without any perfumes added, seems there is no way to get that shit to come outa there, that i know of anyway, And like I said if quanity is what your after better find another solution or get the right stuff in the first place I would imagine, Me, I just take care of myself, I could care less as to having a shitload, cost me 60 buxs to make me happy for days and that all this dreamer needs.

Sam
 #10 
Old 2003-02-04, 07:51
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

Hey dude all bullshit aside, I really been having some luck makin my own annie, Hell I even get a good come back now, thank you for your inspiration. And the product produced is kick fuckin ass.

Sam

quote:
Originally posted by Desoxyn:
Ive had slight sucess dreaming about disolving ammonia salts into methyl alcohol [heet] then adding lye to liberate the ammonia into the alcohol, chilling, then adding pseudo and lithium. Rp showed up so this dream ended quickly. Maybe someone could start whare I left off.


 #11 
Old 2003-02-08, 11:04
Sam63 Sam63 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ammonium Nitrate

Beleive me I am still studying, and love it.
http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/sci/A0856597.html
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics