About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-28, 20:23
P-Town_Ice P-Town_Ice is offline
Regular
 
Default I found Some chems

Hydrocloric Acid
formaldihyde
Acidic Acid (the shit in vinager)

I don't know if i spelled these right but anyway i hope you get what i'm saying. What the hell are these used for, i found them all together in some old abandon house, there in huge jugs filled to the top not opened. Are these useful? can i do anything with them, or are they just random bullshit chems?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-28, 20:25
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

you could sell cigs dipped in formaldihyde to some stupid people.

as for the acids, no. just- no.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-28, 20:29
P-Town_Ice P-Town_Ice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

quote:
Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN:
you could sell cigs dipped in formaldihyde to some stupid people.




??? sounds dangerous???.............explain why..... lol I was hopeing i could blow some shit up with the hydrocloic
 #4 
Old 2002-12-28, 20:56
davestime davestime is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems


Do you have any info about p.p.a.?
 #5 
Old 2002-12-28, 22:30
gowerski gowerski is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

Put a little HCl (the hydrochloric acid) in a coke bottle or whatever with some aluminium foil and put the lid on tight and throw it as far as you can.

The bottle will swell up and the hydrogen will explode under the pressure and heat created. This will make a bang louder than a shotgun and a cloud of hydrochloric acid.

Just be careful not to get the acid on your skin. It will burn and hurt a lot.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-28, 22:46
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

quote:
??? sounds dangerous???.............explain why..... lol I was hopeing i could blow some shit up with the hydrocloic
this is a drug forum, right?
[you do know that, don't you?]

some people dip cigs in formaldahide to get high.

whether or not this works/is a drug is debated.

[it's just damn stupid to dip a cig in formaldahide, but it'll get you high.]

note- formaldahide is a carcinogen, smoking it is BAD.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-29, 22:34
Edorion Edorion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

Me and some friends stole some formaldehyde from the lab when we were in school. We dipped cigs in it and it didn't do shit.
That's just my experience with it.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-30, 02:16
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

Moving to Lab Tips.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-30, 13:26
TheFryguy TheFryguy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

The secret ingredient in formaldihyde dipped cigs, joints, ect. is PCP. Do some reasearch

Edit: this should clear it the issue up. http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2990 http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v02/n1565/a07.html?333

[This message has been edited by TheFryguy (edited 12-30-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-31, 17:13
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

Thanks fryguy!

I'll personally turn in anyone I found selling foermaldehyde dipped smokes to the police. It is another very harmful example of the bullshit misinformation that gives the drug enforcers more power.

Ignorance = Control

For those that have gone ahead and smoked anything dipped in formaldehyde: Doing stuff without researching it is incredibly irresponsible. Don't fret too much you didn't increase your chances of getting lung cancer much from doing it once, especially if you smoke regularly (your chances are pretty high as it is)
 #11 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:31
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

Actually I have a lab set up for the production of high explosives....And HCl can be used to make many peroxide explosives....Mainly Acetone Peroxide(AP) and HMTD.....
 #12 
Old 2003-01-21, 20:47
arsenic arsenic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I found Some chems

Formaldehyde can be used to make Methylamine, which will form a HCl with the Hydrochloric Acid. Acetic acid is used everywhere in organic synthesis...

I don't know how easily obtainable these chemicals are in the US; but if they are sceduled, maybe you could sell them on ebay and make a few $...

(Didn't anyone know this??? This is supposed to be a drug-related forum...?)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics