About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-13, 04:51
Alucard Alucard is offline
Regular
 
Default Questions about ephedrine and stuff

I was wondering if any one knew what isomer (d or l) is the ephedrine you buy over the counter (like Texaco, or whatever)? Also, using this synthesis, what by-products (other than water) need to be removed? F. Y.I. I am using the synthesis that involes ephedrine, thionyl chloride, and LiAlH4
 #2 
Old 2002-11-13, 05:22
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Questions about ephedrine and stuff

How bout I trade you gram for gram Red phosphorus (reusable) for your LAH. Your ephedrine is laevo-ephedrine from natural sources.

Not to many impurities with this method. Really no way to tell what they are without some expensive tests. One could geuss, but really it doesn't mater. A/B extraction acetone wash, re Xtlization it's all good.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-13, 05:28
Alucard Alucard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Questions about ephedrine and stuff

So, using OTC ephedrine should, in theory, work then? I just don't want to waste what precious few amounts of chemicals I have.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-13, 05:45
nuglobe nuglobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Questions about ephedrine and stuff

This method is rarely used in the 'black-market' no?
 #5 
Old 2002-11-13, 15:07
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Questions about ephedrine and stuff

Yes it will work in "theory" just please don't waste that LAH and thionyl chloride. I'm begging you. At the very least e-mail me and we can talk. There are ways of making HI acid without redp.

Your biggest problem will be cleaning said ephedrine.

Using LAH and thionyl chloride to make meth.... What will they think of next.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics