About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-26, 01:28
speedygonzales speedygonzales is offline
Regular
 
Default help

I guess I don't know what I am doing, but I'm not getting a reaction from mixing un iodized salt with the red devil lye or having any luck melting the lithium strips in the colman fuel with the r-12. Help with any suggestions.

[This message has been edited by speedygonzales (edited 10-26-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-10-26, 04:10
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

If you want help you need to post the entire synth, so that the experienced chemists here can tell you if it's bullshit.

Check this link for theoretical synths that might work. http://chemhead.homelinux.com
 #3 
Old 2002-10-26, 16:12
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

I can tell from just reading this that the synth he is following is pure bullshit.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-26, 17:28
nuglobe nuglobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

Someone got the birch mixed up with the I2/RP synth sounds like to me.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-28, 19:17
methmaster methmaster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

I was think the same thing
 #6 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:54
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

Could the r-12 he is referring to be Freon?, it has been posted as a birch reduction adjunct by a few fools who have obviously never done a cook. Well, neither have I, but I am getting a pretty good handle on the chemistry involved. Then again we could be being baited into assisting someone in committing a felony, I just read a letter in Easy Riders from some guy who got 6 years for telling someone how to gas his honey over the phone, his phone was tapped for a completely unrelated reason.
Bummer.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-29, 02:16
g_baker_tx g_baker_tx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help


so your saying that the post under drugs /speedy drugs/ Anhydrous Meth for the Common Man by onepercnt will not work using r-12 or otherwise called freon???
i was just wondering and is it true if you short out your lit batteries it will not work?? im new first post so dont flame me to bad ok
 #8 
Old 2002-10-29, 02:35
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

No it will not, it is not the cold that dissolves the lithium, it is the nature of the anhydrous, what it does is create "solvated electrons" which cause the sudo' to reduce into meth. Many anhydrous manufacturers now "denature" their annie so this may not even work. Although I do not dream, from what I have seen the best way to ensure a good cook is:
(1) use one of the new activated charcoal and cornstarch pulls to clean your E, a straight Heet pull will not do it.
(2) use matchbook rp, do all the cleaning steps, do not skip any
(3) use iodine from tincture, follow the instructions precisely
(4) read at least 5 different synths that use the same push/pull rxn, do not think that you can pass up, ignore, or fudge any of the steps
(5) know exactly what you are going to do before you do it, plan, make time, be anal retentive.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-29, 03:12
methmaster methmaster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

best advice i have ever heard
 #10 
Old 2002-10-29, 09:29
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: help

Birch's can be pulled off with other amines. Some of which are easy to manufacture. Anhydrous ammonia can be made also. Drip sulfuric acid onto an ammonium salt, this produces NH3 gas. This gas is sent through many drying tubes, and condensed in something like a graham condensor ran with antifreeze, salt, and dry ice.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics