About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-21, 18:52
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default From 1 newbie to many others

I think it's time we get a topic going for us newbie's.
Little tip's we learn in our trial & error processes. Because we all make mistakes.
Maybe with this board we can try to help the next guy. But if you don't know if what your posting is true or right, either don't post or be sure & say that you don't know 4 certain that the tip is a good one okay?
It'll help filter out the good D from the bad D!

Here's one for starters that all experienced guys know but this is a newbie page right?
When your dealing with your iodine crystals- Be very careful! These damn things stain everything they touch. Even the shit they don't touch starts to turn color. Make sure that you do wear gloves & your not doing it in your mommas bathroom o.k., and the damn things smell. I'm not talking about when you put your nose over them, I mean the whole #&*!@ house smells bad!
One good thing I did learn is that acetone will clean up your messes.
Another good tip is read everything thats on the board. Listen to these guys they know what their talking about, but keep in mind that there are some out there that dont. But the regular's and moderators are good about telling them that thier post is bullshit.
Okay, if you got any of your own advice to give to another newbie, please post it. We learn from our own mistakes as well as the mistakes of others.
Peace.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:18
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

There are Newbee forums for all 3 procedures at chemhead. The same way of thinking is employed there...Methods synth's etc all have to be approved and trialed before posting.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:34
2004 2004 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

A REALLY good thing to do is write-up a complete synthesis of whatever you want to synthesize (aka meth). Don't copy and paste; edit and write-out all kinds of info... anything you can find. I wrote-up an 8 page one, including extractions, RXN (reaction), and cleaning, and have learned more than I did simply reading over a few synthesis'.
Also, make sure you save up a lotta money, and read everything over and over until you get a fucking headache...
 #4 
Old 2002-10-22, 19:31
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

I've seen the newbie pages at chemhead and believe me I do read them. But I was thinking more like little tip's not full synth's.
Like this one I got from chemhead, it's not really a synth tip but it's a good thing to know either way. When posting, do not say I did this or I tried that, because that'd be illegal! Instead try something like the regulars do like "in a dream last night" or my buddies cousins uncle said he heard a friend say.... you know what I mean.

And this is for 2004, are you sayin a newbie should put together a synth from all the research theyve done and post it for review by the masters? Cause I think thats something I'd be interested in. It could save alot of time & money for someone.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-22, 20:09
2004 2004 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

I basically looked all through Chemhead and Rhodium, writing down stuff in Microsoft word. I wrote up everything, from 'Materials' to 'Cleaning'. I haven't posted it for a review by the masters' though. It's a really good thing to do; it helped me understand basic stuff that I had no idea on. I have yet to see my good friend try anything on the subject physically (mostly due to the odd and numerous psuedo extractions), but damnit, he's planning!
 #6 
Old 2002-10-23, 19:08
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

I think thats what I'm going to do because I've got pages of all these different dreams people have and before I go and see if I can have the same dream I'm going to post what I want to dream about before I go to sleep so the masters can evaluate it and give me some feedback so I don't wake up with a nightmare.
I've already had a couple shitty dreams because I get into too much of a hurry and don't take the proper time to clean and filter and all that shit. But I'm hoping if I post first what I want to think about I won't get screwed.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-24, 15:54
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

I thought I'd run this through the board and see what kind of feedback I get.
Let's say a guy takes his 30mg."red hots" and puts them in a jar w/acetone and shakes it around hoping to get the red shell off. And if this works he takes them and crushes them up with his regular white 60mg.'s.
Then stick the powder into a jar and fill it up halfway w/methanol,stick it in the fridge for a couple hours & then siphon the methanol through 2 filters into another jar.
Then add some more methanol to the first jar and shake it up and set it back in the fridge for a couple more hours & then filter it again through the same filters.Take all your liquid you collected and put into visonware bowl & boil down,finish w/hairdryer.Powder it all up and add DH2O and stick in the freezer for 45min.Then filter cold mix into visonware again & repeat until psuedo/water is clear.Then take the liquid in visonware & boil down water like you did the methanol and finish with hairdryer.Should have HCL crystalized in bottom of bowl.
WARNING:This has not been attempted.It is posted in order to get feedback from the masters.Not responsible for your shit not working if you try this.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-24, 16:56
nuglobe nuglobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

If your using red hots, or most pills for that matter.. a simple alki pull wont work. Belive me... when you boil it down you will end up w/ waxy gooey stuff... not crystals.

 #9 
Old 2002-10-25, 18:25
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

hey nuglobe,
are you going to leave me hanging like that or point me in the right direction?

Also in this tripped out dream I had when the psuedo/methanol was put in the fridge for a couple hours when I went to twist the lid off it was like under pressure or something cause it didn't want to open. Should the lid not have been on it? I woke up right after and thought I'd see if it'd open during my sleep tonight.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-26, 03:44
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

Swamp told me he tried the same extract you are doing and wasted a whole bunch of time and pseudo...alcohol extracts no longer work becuase of pill additives.

Swamp finally had some success recently when he carefully followed Acidmelt's journal on Chemhead.
http://chemhead.homelinux.com
 #11 
Old 2002-10-26, 05:44
tweeked247 tweeked247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

can any one help me? i have tried sevaral methods and come up with shitty shit. can some one tell me step by step the simplest way for making myself go fast.my last attempt was vey salty and burned black.?i know there is no easy way but theres got to be a simpler way to do it?THANX
 #12 
Old 2002-10-28, 20:40
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: From 1 newbie to many others

hey nuglobe,
you were right.When The Dream ended all there was is some fucking candle wax shit.
I hate those damn red hots too.
I got the straight to bee from chemhead now so I'm going to give it a shot.
Also back when I first had the dream the psuedo had DH20 added to it after the Heet boiled off and then some other shit. I think the last thing it needed was to come into contact with water from what I hear about how water brings out all the shit to fuck things up.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics