About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-24, 07:49
davenewman davenewman is offline
Regular
 
Default Colmans fuel???

I have been doing a little research and have come accross the term "colmans fuel".
I do not know what this is and would appreciate some help. is this a product in a specific country?
Thank you in advance for any help.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-24, 08:26
BeH0LDeR BeH0LDeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

I'm sure someone else can elaberate for you but yes its in the US of A and I'm sure Canada. Do a search on the internet for it.

www.google.com is your friend.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-24, 08:30
Calvin Calvin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

i think it is a brand of lighter fluid, one that evaporates extra fast.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-24, 18:28
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

dont use it go with naptha or some other np solvent
 #5 
Old 2002-09-24, 19:21
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

use VM&P Naptha
 #6 
Old 2002-09-25, 06:08
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

quote:
Originally posted by D.N.S:
dont use it go with naptha or some other np solvent


Yeah go with what he said man. Colemans is a brand of non-polar camping fuel here in the U.S. and Canada(<---I think :confused ) naphtha is much better according to the experts and is easily obtainable.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-26, 06:33
nuglobe nuglobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

Batmans having a hard time finding any... little help on where to look?
 #8 
Old 2002-09-26, 19:44
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

hardware storesssssssssss
 #9 
Old 2002-09-26, 22:38
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

Home Depot
 #10 
Old 2002-10-01, 03:20
Mortose Mortose is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

You obvisluly want to die a slow and horriable death dont you?
 #11 
Old 2002-10-01, 03:29
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

I obviously don't know what youmean. So elaborate would ya?!
 #12 
Old 2002-10-01, 08:47
wtmp wtmp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

I prefer to use Tuolene.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-01, 09:30
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

If you run out of gas, or if someone siphons all your gas out, then you can put Coleman fluid in your car and it will run. Most people use it as fuel for camping stoves and lanterns. It isn't good for the car, but it will run.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-08, 21:27
rayray rayray is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

you use colmans fuel instead of ether in making ether dope. you get it in the sporting goods section of wal-mart. anyways..i've done some colman dope and it ain't bad, it makes you come down alot harder than ether though
 #15 
Old 2002-10-08, 23:35
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

There isn't a single reason in the universe why a different solvent used could make a product that would be still dope and yet give you a harder come-down.

Shut the fuck up!
 #16 
Old 2002-10-09, 17:58
acidmelt acidmelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

Colemans was used a long time ago before the beautiful VM&P Naptha came into play. You can distill good Naptha out of the Colemans fuel or just buy it. But be sure to buy VM&P. Its all ready anhydrous since it is for automitive paint. Works wonders my friend, you will like it
 #17 
Old 2002-10-14, 20:44
crankster gangster crankster gangster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

You say I can find VM&P naptha petro. in automotive section at hardware store right?
Do I use the same process as I would with my colemans?
 #18 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:03
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Colmans fuel???

I asked a few people and they say your best bet would be to find someone who works in an autobody/painting shop, I think they use it to thin down the paint for the sprayguns.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics