Fakir's Plasticene
Can't get any of my posts to go up, so have started new topic.
Your missing a vital ingedient: Pure Latex.
The way in which your stuff works is that the sulpher ( Sorry, Sulfur) reacts with the pure latex, it Vulcanates, ( i.e it goes hard). This is how they make rubber in road tyres hard, by adding sulpher and other stuff.
Wax on the other hand is a solvent. Think of the efect of vasilene on a condom, it melts it. Wax will do the same thing to the vulcanised rubber.
So, here is my rough and ready recipe for italian sculpteres wax.
Needed: Lots of pure ( nothing added) latex. Sulpher ( also needs to be pure) only a bit Wax ( I used white candle wax, but you can get beeswax from a hair dressers that does dreadlocks, or a furniture restorer) LOTS AND LOTS.
warm the latex and added small amounts of powdered sulpher, as evenly as possible. Stir constantly and firmly, until the latex thickens to a solid. Get the vulcaised latex out, and make it into very small pieces. ( I put it through a hand powered mincing machine)
Heat the wax, and then add the latex, slowly. Mix it for a very long time ( I used my girlfriends heated lab stirrer over night). Low and behold: Putty.
Beeswax will work as well as pure candle wax, but I figure it'll take a lot longer to it to dissolve the latex.
RipSlider.
|