About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-16, 19:15
Regular
 
Default A ? for you chemists.....

How do you guys think Abbot Laboratories makes my Desoxyn? Is methamphetamine only capable of being made from ephedrine? I have searched and searched on how the dude that first sythsized it made it but to no avail. And I've always been curious as to how the guys there in the lab produce it. Plus my 360 pills a month costs me $330! Lately, I've been just extracting the meth out of the pills(oh man! it looks so pretty!) and putting the meth in a vial and use my twin-beam scales to measure out my daily dose. This has made me realize that A)this is not illegal to do(extracting B)I'll never find an insurance company that'll cover me C)I could make my own and as long as I got my script with me or the page that the pharmacy gives me stating that I have a Rx for meth that the law can not charge me for shit so I could reduce my monthly amount and save $$$ yet still be able to possess it. and D)I'll have more cash in my wallet as a result. But how do they make it?! Any thoughts on this?
 #2 
Old 2002-03-16, 22:11
acidmelt acidmelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

there are so many different ways to make meth, for example... from solvents(tolulene), from P2P, from ephedrine (either Hi reduction, or birch), ect. I am not sure how it is made in legal labs. No matter what way you choose, it is not that hard to make (so Ive heard). The easiest being the Hi reduction of course. Umm, if I had to make a guess in the dark, I would say it is made from P2P?? Not sure though. AS you stated, it is legal for you to possess the pills, but it is NOT legal for you extract the goods out of it. Even if you have a script for it, you will get charged and convicted if you get caught with it extracted in powder/crystal form. And then you will loose your script for it too. Just to be safe I would leave it in pill form, or just make your own and keep that hidden.
 #3 
Old 2002-03-17, 01:16
JibTec_Warrior JibTec_Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

umm... from some more relevant "dreams" of mine, meth is not "easy" to make. It's not the hardest thing to do, but you have to have some chemical knowledge. Also, getting the precursors tends to be difficult or very tedious at the least. It is illegal for you to extract it though, and possesion of it in it's extracted form faces extremely serious penalties. One question though: How exactly did you manage to get desoxyn instead of the more common ritalin script? What did you tell your doc? Cuz my ritalin just don't cut it some days, if you know what i mean....
 #4 
Old 2002-03-17, 06:20
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Ok to answer your question as to how I got my psychiatrist to dispense me Desoxyn. I used preciously the right demand:"I want Desoxyn because I am completely tolerant to amphetamines period and Ritalin comes on like cocaine as well as off plus gives me the jitters.(which it does especially with coffee) and it's out there as a possible medication for us who have attention deficit disorder(I'm ADD not ADHD) and I want to try it." I basically told my shrink what was really going on with me and he saw that so he wrote that first Rx for it and I knew I was in since ADD or ADHD is for life since it is a neurological defect like narcolepsey or even scizorphrinia etc. But I have seen my Dr. for twelve years and that plays a part too. Now you from what you show are Canadian correct? Methamphetamine is only sold and dispensed in the United States period. No other country in the entire world allows it. Which is cool for me but unfortunate for you. Have you tried Dexedrine or Adderall? The amphetamine meds. your country does allow? Ritalin was given to me once for only two days worth as a trial(so I could say I tried it and had failure which was true) I got six twenty-milligram pills and took two and litterally the remaining four out. It(methalphenalidate<----whatever) is a stimulate alright but it is the least desirable to most of adults with ADD/ADHD. I think because one; most are given it as a child and have a lifetime tolerance to it. And two our bodies are bigger so we need a more effective stimulate like an amphetamine. This only my persanol opinion granted. But any more they too are ineffective half the time like you on your Ritalin. I know what you are experiencing first hand. Also, I present myself as clean and neat to the eye. So as not to attract any potential association with folks that do drugs of any nature/kind. So my shrink wasn't even a tad-bit suspicious when I stated my case to him. I made him look at it from a therapeutic point of view and I succeded in attempting to do so. So you'd might want to try an amphetamine like I said.
 #5 
Old 2002-03-18, 07:32
JibTec_Warrior JibTec_Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

hmmm... thanx for that advice man. My shrink knows that the ritalin isn't workin, considering i haven't been taking it for like 3 months now... maybe i'll go back and try to get some amphets from him. I present myself clean as well.... except for the odd time when i walked in to the office demanding i get a new script(bad idea), but my shrink thinks i'm a good little business man, which i generally am. Once again, thanks for the advice.
 #6 
Old 2002-03-18, 21:17
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Desoxyn is made via P2P. Extracting your pills is probably illegal considering it looks like you might be considering selling it. And making your own is completely out of the question, fucked up world we live in eh? Can't even use our own hands and knowledge to make medicine for our selves, we need to be enslaved by corporations and governments.

 #7 
Old 2002-03-19, 16:43
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Yes, I fully agree Tryp. 100 years ago we could what happened? Bayer soldm Heroin. People wit coughs and colds had much more comfort than we do today. However, my family on both sides are a lon line of lawyers. Jewish ones @that! (ie. Dershowitz;Harvard law and O.J.'s liberator). So knowing the precise letter of the law is engraved within me. I checked itm out and guess what?! I can take my Desoxyn anyway desired. I've had a pill crusher for years. To speed up absorbtion plus make breaking it down with water much easier. So I have this little steel vial which has an "o-ring" on it's threads to water-proof it and carry crushed-up desoxyn in it just to give the law what is a baffling scenerio for them. 99% of cops do not know Methamphetamine is legal and sold @your neighborhood pharmacy. And it is a ball! My car is secure from searches because the dog will smell my meth and they can not proceed foreward if he hits @my car. Like I said my family background has made me a walking nightmare for Johhny Law. Now if I choose to refine my medicine(remember it is medicine for me). I can do what I want SO LONG AS NOT TO ADULTERATE the ie. add(you can take away) medicine in question. If I had percocets lets say and had a bad liver I can remove the tylenol in it if I choose. But I don't have to give that reason just to be able to do it anyway. Now it is when you administer your medicine(prescription) to another is when you fucked-up. But I can with confidance sit and extract my Desoxyn from the talc,corn starch,acetic acid etc. that comes with it and do my daily dose. Afterall you guys it's meth anyway you look @it. What difference would it make if you just decided to seperate the 60 milligrams I do everyday and take it that way? The fuzz would think it would be criminal in nature. But the judge wouldn't because cops enforce laws and then some(punkasses!!) judgesuphold and nothing further. Most District Attys. probably would prosecute either since they too for the most part uphold the law. But I am free to take my meds. for myself anyway I want. Desoxyn was sold in ampules till the mid-sixties. In 20,40,and 60 milligram doses in 25,50,75 unit shots. They were not obligated to remove this product line. They just did since @the time practcally the whole city of San Fran was wired for sound on them. Those that did not shoot-up just dried it and smoked it but most shot it and I believe they must have had an initial reason for making the ampules in the first place right?! The bottom line is the letter of the law does not prohibit specifically in any statute that refing your Rx is criminal and punishable by law. Adulterating(adding whatever) is as well as administering it to someone other than you unless they too have the exact same Rx just not on them. That is the only exception to that rule. Freedom is like chemistry if you will so much homework but so many hidden treasures that are good to know and rewarding when practiced. Did you know a cop can not use the smell of pot in your car as a probable cause to search? Did you know you are entitled to have a Federal Marshall on site when it is searched?!(TheFed. Marshall is a neutral party and witness to no nonsense on the cops' part) And they can not proceed with the search until one arrives or any evidence is thrown out. Due process baby! I'd say 95% of copss don't know that either. Too bad ignorance of the law is no excuse right?! That's what they say. They freak when you remind them of that. But just like chemistry. Knowledge is power.
 #8 
Old 2002-03-20, 06:31
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

I garuntee all prescriptions for amphetamines whether methylated or not, d, l, or the racemate, come from P2P.

No as to which method is used to make the P2P, and what reduction method, I have no idea. But I do know that most industrial processes done on huge scales usually use methods that are very unusable to the clandestined chemist (i.e. no amalgums). They probably make the imine separately and reduce in a VERY short time with like 100% yeilds by extreme H2 pressure and heat. In huge industrial sized parr flasks I guess you could call them.
 #9 
Old 2002-03-20, 06:35
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

And yes, amination and reduction of P2P yeilds the racemate (1:1 d,l). But pure optical isomers can be separated with optically active acids if you can stand half yeilds of finished product(which the industry can).

Also, whoever said so is right, making meth does require some knowledge. But it is a cake-walk compared to other things.
 #10 
Old 2002-03-20, 23:50
bbell bbell is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

P2P or methyl benzyl ketone, phenylacetone is made from phenylacetic acid.
 #11 
Old 2002-03-21, 05:35
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

quote:

P2P or methyl benzyl ketone, phenylacetone is made from phenylacetic acid.



Leave it to bbell to only know one procedure.

P2P can be made from amphetamine, methamphetamine, toluene, benzene, benzyl chloride, phenyl acetic acid, benzyl cyanide, phenylalanine, allylbenzene, propenylbenzene, nitropropene, benzaldehyde, ephedrine, pseudoehphedrine ect. Those are just what I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure with a little research one can find several other starting points.
 #12 
Old 2002-03-21, 05:44
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

So I can take my medicine anyway I choose? What if I choose to refine my ergotamine tablets and them in the form of LSD ?

Heheh, jk of course....
 #13 
Old 2002-03-24, 03:53
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Now to play along with mad's joke... wouldnt that be adulterating the substance by adding to it? Unlike simply refining the active from desoxyn? :P
 #14 
Old 2002-03-27, 23:23
bbell bbell is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Ergotamine tablets contain only 1 mg. So you are going to need 100,000 pills in order to get anywhere
 #15 
Old 2002-03-29, 14:48
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

So my meth isn't 100% d-meth?!
 #16 
Old 2002-03-29, 19:54
acidmelt acidmelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

no its not. like what was said above, it was surely made from P2P would would make it only half as potent as meth from ephedrine would be. plus it could never be %100 because of binders and waxes and what not. but anyhow you get the point.
 #17 
Old 2002-03-30, 13:37
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Yeah I do. Thanks.
 #18 
Old 2002-03-31, 16:46
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Well I did some research and Desoxyn is non-racemic. It is 100% d-meth. All methamphetamines ever produced by parm.labs are/were. Methedrine etc. I got to thinking:"Why is it that Abbott laboratories charges me $1 per 5mg pill?" Which comes to $200 per gram! Two reasons from what I surmised;1)high cost keeps it from being dispensed like Ritalin 2)there is no generic even though they(Abbott) trademarked it in 1947! Yesterday I extracted 100mg's (20 pills) and elected to blow a Pyrex testtube into a glass dick and smoke it. Using propane and a Bernzomatic torch to melt I kept the flame at its lowest possible intensity(like a pilot light) and blew hit after hit man! Like I was smoking some crystal clear-crystal off the streets. The kind that goes for $40-50 a quarter-gram. So I guess they do use ephedrine and change it into meth. I know that phenyl-2-propanol(<---sp?!) is not used since it produces 50/50% l&d-meth only. Makes sense. They can buy 55 gallon barrel drums of ephedrine hcl. The first meth made was produced from ephedrine hcl. And so I guessed I answered my own question. lol! Anyways, I thought I'd share this with you guys.
 #19 
Old 2002-04-01, 01:10
acidmelt acidmelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

or if your sure that it was pure d-meth, then there is still a possibility that it was made from P2P, but then the chemist just isolated the d-meth from the l-meth. this is actually how it would be done i believe.
 #20 
Old 2002-04-01, 13:33
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Hmmm..... You indeed have a point Acid. How would say if you worked for Abbott or a motorcycle gang (hehehehe!!!) isolate the d-meth? Say you had a lb. before you of P2P meth. So eight ounces precisely would be d-meth right? How would you seperate the two? From a chemists point of view would it be tedious or a cake walk? Perhaps the l-meth is given to Vicks for their inhalers eh?! lol! Also does a half-o-gram of P2P dope equal a quarter-gram of ephedrine dope in intensity and stimulation?!
 #21 
Old 2002-04-01, 19:30
acidmelt acidmelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

i personally have never isolated d-meth from l-meth because i have only made it from ephedrine so I would never have to do that. but you are right. 1 pound or 16oz of P2P meth would equal 8oz. of pure d-meth after isolation, and it would be of the same purity that ephedrine meth is made.
 #22 
Old 2002-04-03, 06:03
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A ? for you chemists.....

Add d-tartaric acid to racemic meth freebase in methanol. d-methamphetamine d-tartrate is marginally soluable in methanol, so cooling and concentration of the alcohol will precipitate pure d-meth d-tartrate, which can be filtered and worked up to obtain d-meth HCl. The left over alcohol contains l-methamphetamine d-tartrate.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics