About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Laboratory Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laboratory Tips Safety proceedures, test reagents, drilling rubber stoppers, bending glass tubes, etc. Contributed to by chemists.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-18, 04:18
Ozricosis Ozricosis is offline
Regular
 
Default I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

I am making Chloral Hydrate and need Sulfuric Acid...

------------------
Better living through Chemistry
 #2 
Old 2001-04-18, 04:22
Ozricosis Ozricosis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

Restate that... Just wondered where the best place to get Sulfuric Acid would be...
Thanks for any help

------------------
Better living through Chemistry
 #3 
Old 2001-04-18, 04:32
raverdude56001 raverdude56001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

can't you get it outa batteries
 #4 
Old 2001-04-18, 05:55
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

Well theres this one place out on Route.... WTF dude just go look around for a synth you should beable to with a little work get some outa old car batteries.
 #5 
Old 2001-04-19, 09:17
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

its diluted and fucked up. dont bother. just buy some. car batteries wont have enough when you clean it up.
 #6 
Old 2001-04-22, 23:33
Inert Gas Inert Gas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

Getting sulfuric acid isn't too difficult especially when you live near a few universities.

Major research facilities have a great deal of undergraduate, dungeon-like labs which store concentrated (6M) sulfuric acid on the lab benches. These labs are typically open during the day and do not have tight security. Depending on the strength of the department, you can basically pilfer anything there-- from sulfuric acid to concentrated nicotine (if there's some leftover from lab).

However, for those more isolated from large institutions of brainwashing, one may go to a smaller, more demented institution. You can visit your local high school and scope out the chemical situation there. Surprisingly enough, there is a lot of material available-- just kinda tricky to get your hands on. However, I'm certain you're resourceful.

-IG
 #7 
Old 2001-04-23, 10:53
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

sweet ass sweet IG. think me and a friend will make a university sweep around the philadephia area universities and do some scoping. thanks dude, had no idea security was light like that in undergrad chem programs.
 #8 
Old 2001-05-04, 09:50
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

chloral hydrate is manufactured under the name Noctec as a prescribtion Hypnotic incase you cant make it. It is Rx only though.
 #9 
Old 2001-05-07, 07:44
lysteria4u lysteria4u is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

Go to a hardware store that specializes in plumbing supplies and you can buy concentrated sulphuric acid (used as drain cleaner) in a half gallon plastic jug for about $15.00. I just did that last week and am working on Chloral Hydrate myself right now as we speak. Car battery acid contains about 20% and you need at least 80%. It also contains other additives to protect the lead (which is also unhealthy).I wouldn't use anything so impure. Car battery acid is ok for fireworks,but not safe to use in drugs.
 #10 
Old 2001-05-10, 05:13
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

quote:
Originally posted by lysteria4u:
Go to a hardware store that specializes in plumbing supplies and you can buy concentrated sulphuric acid (used as drain cleaner) in a half gallon plastic jug for about $15.00. I just did that last week and am working on Chloral Hydrate myself right now as we speak. Car battery acid contains about 20% and you need at least 80%. It also contains other additives to protect the lead (which is also unhealthy).I wouldn't use anything so impure. Car battery acid is ok for fireworks,but not safe to use in drugs.


yea, fireworks are a lot safer- NO, wtf?? explosives hmmm yea i think not. its called muriatic acid at a hardware store, and its not lab grade, not a good idea.

geez, you really dont have to add that you are ACTUALLY DOING IT. this stuff is for informational purposes remember? we need a front page with a disclaimer or something....

 #11 
Old 2001-05-14, 02:00
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I am going to be making some Chloral Hydrate

u can buy it at hardware stores. look at the drain openers. one or more of them should contain concentrated sulfuric acid. most of them will contain sodium hydroxide or sodium hypochlorite. dont get those, they are quite the opposite of what youre looking for.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics