About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Gearheads
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gearheads Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-05, 16:51
blanj12 blanj12 is offline
Regular
 
Default I need go kart help

I want a fast ass shit go kart,willing to spend roughly 1000$.can i use a motorcycle or dirtbike engine?If i can help me i need plans and info and shit. Can i get turbo or nos on it?Airbags, hydrualics?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-05, 20:37
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

quote:
Originally posted by blanj12:
I want a fast ass shit go kart,willing to spend roughly 1000$.can i use a motorcycle or dirtbike engine?If i can help me i need plans and info and shit. Can i get turbo or nos on it?Airbags, hydrualics?


lol

a turbo, doubtful on such a small engine. you won't need it. nos? hell no. Airbags? wtf is this some kind of luxo-kart? hydrolics? what, you want it to bounce up and down? fuck that crap, it's a waste of time and money.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-05, 21:03
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/pjetkit.htm

This would probably help. He has a jet powered ghetto rigged go cart.

If you were being sarcastic about some of your ideas, then it was funny. If you were being serious, then it's kind of sad.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-06, 04:31
Mayhem Manic Mayhem Manic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
Airbags? wtf is this some kind of luxo-kart? hydrolics? what, you want it to bounce up and down? fuck that crap, it's a waste of time and money.


I heard that it is possible to add air-con, powersteering and electric windows to most go-karts.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-07, 00:28
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

I reccommend dirt bike engines, they are powerful, tough, and have a built in transmission. Oh and theyre damn fast. Why don't you just get a dirtbike though? They're faster, cooler, and can handle crazier terrian.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-08, 04:34
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem Manic:
I heard that it is possible to add air-con, powersteering and electric windows to most go-karts.


electric windows? go karts are completely open, and ofer no wind resistance what so ever! power steering may work, although I don't know why you would bother, because good suspension and small grippy tires will do just fine. air conditioning? what the hell? go Karts are tiny little race cars, not luxo-cars driven on the street! that's the whole point!
 #7 
Old 2002-11-08, 04:44
Mayhem Manic Mayhem Manic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
electric windows? go karts are completely open, and ofer no wind resistance what so ever! power steering may work, although I don't know why you would bother, because good suspension and small grippy tires will do just fine. air conditioning? what the hell? go Karts are tiny little race cars, not luxo-cars driven on the street! that's the whole point!



Hey I was just joking, in case you did not notice! Although a luxo-kart would be cool, yet unable to compete and expensive.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-08, 11:36
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need go kart help

With some of the wuestions asked around here, sarcasm is hard to notice sometimes.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics