About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Gearheads
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gearheads Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-27, 01:45
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default I saw Blasphemy

A 1960's vintage Jaguar E-type coupe doing serious racing. this was only a week ago, too. That car should be kept for classic races, and for the museum.

[This message has been edited by Township Rebellion (edited 05-31-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-05-27, 12:54
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

Why? Maybe the guy enjoys his car. Maybe he spent a shitload on it and deserves to drive the piss out of it. There's plenty of cars to look at, more of them need to be driven. I'm sure that if he tears it up he'll fix it and keep racing.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-29, 14:12
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

that's what I thought at first, too. but then I got to thinking about it: the guy who drives it is a moron! this car is literally a work of art, much in the way as the Bugatti type 41 royalle.

although in retrospect, it is good to take it out and give it a good blow every now and then... but not that hard!

this guy was going all out, abusing it, even.
I'm not kidding, either.
E-type jag, hard racing... puh.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-30, 09:14
owlafaye owlafaye is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

Jaguar compared to a Bugatti???

lol...lol...lol...lol

I say race it to the junk yard...the Jaguar is 13th on one of the worst cars ever built list.

Where have you been? They are terrible cars, the older they are the worse they are.

The English are only good at building bodies and not very good like Italians.

English engineering is world quality laughing stock.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-31, 05:00
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

quote:
Originally posted by owlafaye:
Jaguar compared to a Bugatti???

lol...lol...lol...lol

I say race it to the junk yard...the Jaguar is 13th on one of the worst cars ever built list.

Where have you been? They are terrible cars, the older they are the worse they are.

The English are only good at building bodies and not very good like Italians.

English engineering is world quality laughing stock.



You DO realize that you don't have a brain..? Trust me, Brit cars can be just as good as italian cars. I spose you have your opinion, but, unfortunately, it's wrong.

That Jag was, in fact, beautiful. You are wrong if you think that europe makes the best cars, yet britain makes the worst. britain is a part of europe too, ya know. and because that particular country has mostly long, narrow, and twisty roads (much like the rest of europe), they can't afford to make crap mobiles that fall apart, or are ugly, or slow.

Seriously, Do you really think the automotive community thinks that poorly about brit cars? Answer that question, please.
 #6 
Old 2002-06-07, 04:35
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

First off, Jaguar is hardly British anymore. Their new cars are generally shit. The E-Type, however, was and is one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

Italy makes nice cars. England also makes very nice cars. Lotus makes 200hp road rockets that will beat a V12 Lambo off the line, and 4-door six-bangers that hit 60 in five seconds. They are legendary for squeezing the maximum power out of relatively small engines. TVR's Tuscan will hit 190mph, and their Cerbera goes 0-60 in a moderately fast 3.9 seconds. Did I mention that they look damn good?

They gave us the original Mini. They gave us the AC Cobra.

Do not underestimate English automobiles.
 #7 
Old 2002-06-07, 16:26
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

Exactly. the problem here, however, is that apparently the really old english cars have reliability problems. also, I wouldn't underestimate jaguar nowadays. Just because ford owns them does not automatically mean they're mostly american. in fact, the bulk of their cars are still european.

And the thing about the E-type? I agree they are beautiful cars. they may have their flaws, but that means shit to those of us who'll never own one! They go fast, they're wonderful to look at, and if you have the money and the skills, it'll last a lifetime.

owlafaye, I respect your opinion, although I am somewhat skeptical of your statement about your age and profession, and If I reveal what you told me to all the more... immature people here, you're bound to get flamed.

well, gotta go, finish this later.

bye.


TR
 #8 
Old 2002-07-11, 10:57
lostandconfused lostandconfused is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

DUHHHHHH!!!

did you ever stop and think that maybe the car is stolen!!!
 #9 
Old 2002-08-01, 16:43
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

Whats the point in having a REAL car and keeping it lock up in a garage?
 #10 
Old 2002-08-09, 08:59
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

quote:
Originally posted by Genital-Warfare:
Whats the point in having a REAL car and keeping it lock up in a garage?


that's not the point. taking an old and beautiful car like that and putting it through a serious race isn't right. it's ment to be a normal sunday driver, or perhaps take it to the track with the collector car club, and race it using short-shifting techniques! not fucking blast it up a mountain and destroy it at top speed!
 #11 
Old 2002-09-07, 00:29
Sgt. Baker Sgt. Baker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

It's his car, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. How many people actually get the chance to drive a vintage classic balls out? Not many. I know I would love to. That Jag is a great racer. Think of it as him preserving the vast history of the car.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-10, 22:03
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

quote:
Originally posted by Sgt. Baker:
It's his car, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. How many people actually get the chance to drive a vintage classic balls out? Not many. I know I would love to. That Jag is a great racer. Think of it as him preserving the vast history of the car.


yes I understand that. but... aw hell, i did look pretty cool seeing it race, and it did blow all the mustangs out of the water...

lol, just thinking of that suddenly makes me realize that perhaps racing something like that was worth it...
 #13 
Old 2002-09-22, 03:53
Daemyon999 Daemyon999 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

Sounds to me like you're pissed off that you can't afford to buy one, race it until it's a wrecked piece of shit, and go buy another...but that's racing, and if you've never done it, you don't know what you're missing! Ever watch those guys racing Formula 1? Those cars are worth a damned site more than that Jag, and they crash them regularly...some invest their own money, too! Gotta be an adrenaline junkie.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-23, 04:02
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I saw Blasphemy

quote:
Originally posted by Daemyon999:
Sounds to me like you're pissed off that you can't afford to buy one, race it until it's a wrecked piece of shit, and go buy another...but that's racing, and if you've never done it, you don't know what you're missing! Ever watch those guys racing Formula 1? Those cars are worth a damned site more than that Jag, and they crash them regularly...some invest their own money, too! Gotta be an adrenaline junkie.


of course I can't afford one. I'm 17! im just out of high school! and I haven't even gotten my liscence yet! and yes, I do watch formula 1, regularly. I can't wait for the GP in indionapolis. that track is cool looking.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics