About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Gearheads
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gearheads Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-16, 00:43
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Lesson of the day.

1 rusted ass Chevy farm truck
+1 Richie (me)
+1 cheap taiwan made breaker bar (instead of my Snap On)that another mechanic handed me
+1 really rusted ass bolt
=broken breaker bar, mild concussion,and 5 stitches

Moral of the story, don't use cheap tools.

[This message has been edited by rlpinca (edited 05-16-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-05-16, 14:13
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lesson of the day.

lol

good one
 #3 
Old 2002-05-16, 18:01
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lesson of the day.

lol oh no! are you gonna be alright?
 #4 
Old 2002-05-16, 22:59
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lesson of the day.

Concussions give you character. I've had 4, so I have enough character to last me for ahwile.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-17, 02:01
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Lesson of the day.

Look on the bright side. It was a Chevy. It could've been a VW, famous for those 200-ft/lb, rusted-out bolts that require a 3-foot breaker bar and 4 strong men to break loose. Yeah...how many bolts did I strip on those damn allen-wrench CV bolts?
 #6 
Old 2002-05-18, 01:22
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lesson of the day.

I usually zip everything off with an impact wrench but I didn't have the room for it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics