About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Gearheads
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gearheads Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-29, 04:31
jailbird jailbird is offline
Regular
 
Default Dream Car

Mine is the new Subaru WRX. Whats yours ??
 #2 
Old 2001-04-29, 10:27
Doctor Gonzo Doctor Gonzo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

The ultimate car is a 1969 Chevy Nova SS 396. And it's gotta be black with really dark tinted windows sitting on american torq-thrust II wheels/Mickey Thompson drag tires that make the rear end sit high in the air.

But...

If I had to drive it everyday I would say either the Subaru WRX or the BMW M3.
 #3 
Old 2001-04-29, 10:30
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

Hey! What a coincidence! Of the recent cars that is mine too, but of all time? In 1972 I saw a brand new Corvette Stingray Convertible
I said "Daddy! Daddy! what kind of car is that? That's the kind of car I want!"

I spent the whole 13innings of the world series w/ the A's that year contemplating asking the "over 42,000" people in attendance each for a quarter, seemed reasonable, but I didn't have the guts, still I just kept thinking $6000.00 thats alot of money, but just a little bit from everybody, it wouldnt be so much.....I figured that one way or another I'd get one before I was like 30 or something when it wouldn't matter anymore.

Well I came close twice first time I was $2500 short and took the word of my bank as final on what I could borrow for a used car(oh for a bloodsucking finance company to have known my name then..), second time I just knew that it didn't matter that much anymore, yup 34, oh well.
I've got a real neat metal model though, blood red crimson w/ black top and doors and hood that open, that'll do, harumph

Yeah those commercial for the Subaru sure are
seductive.

ps- me likes ta go fast! me likes downshift chirps, me gotta slow down in that stupid little Geo before it just flips over
 #4 
Old 2001-04-29, 14:42
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

I want to buy winki a car!
 #5 
Old 2001-04-29, 17:09
jailbird jailbird is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

For old cars, I think I cant resist a BOSS Mustang, My uncle has a mint example and it is real cool. For 80's cars, i like the Grand Nationals by Buick, and the Lincoln Mark VII LSC, I own a mark VII, and i really love that car.
 #6 
Old 2001-04-30, 06:56
krazd krazd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

79 toyota landcruser, short wheel base, soft top, fat off road wheels..they don't make'em like this anymore....we have the try back moddel for a bush basher and you could drive it through a brick shit house and keep going
 #7 
Old 2001-05-03, 02:24
Doctor Gonzo Doctor Gonzo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

Landcruisers can whup any pansy Jeep's ass anyday wheelin'.
 #8 
Old 2001-05-04, 01:41
freakyclown freakyclown is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

a ford falcon black with tinted windos super charged 8 cylinder with twin paxton blowers and nitris... some switches front and back but not 3 wheel motion and a tight ass styeryo
 #9 
Old 2001-05-05, 01:49
freakyclown freakyclown is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

there are alot of boss mustangs jailbird my grandpa has a mock 1 and it's yellow with pin strips and has boss one the fender and my dad has a 1969 shelby with a super charged engine twin blowers and nitrous
 #10 
Old 2001-05-05, 08:46
Jagermeister23 Jagermeister23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

1962 Pontiac Catalina 421 Super Duty
2 door hard top, jet black.
That is by far the baddest car to come from GM before '67
 #11 
Old 2001-05-22, 10:55
derby derby is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

A Renault a110 alpine 1600s

I think the best car ever built. Good european quality.
and a lot of horse power from a small engine.
 #12 
Old 2001-05-29, 21:14
m1066ad m1066ad is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

I like all the cars y'all mentioned....with the exception of the renault, lol. I used to own a '72 Olds Cutlass Hurst/Olds, it was my baby....6 mpg, tho, at 35, or 135, lol....i've had lots of old Fords, liked'em, but now i have a 92 Mits galant, its the 1st front-drive car i ever have really liked, it's pretty cool
 #13 
Old 2001-05-30, 12:57
derby derby is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

What is wrong with the renault.

Do you know what the brand is, what they can do with cars.

Derby
 #14 
Old 2001-05-30, 22:08
GHETTO_SMURF GHETTO_SMURF is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

i have always wanted and will always want a nice dodge viper rt/10!
peacock blue with silver racing stripes down the middle...all leather interior...blue steerring wheel and shifter...digital dash and a nice big pumpin system.

------------------
------------------
ok...if you say so
------------------
for informational purposes only
http://spudszilla.cjb.net
 #15 
Old 2001-06-04, 04:43
eod eod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

69 roadrunner tang orange with a meep-meep horn. right now i drive a 65 c-20
 #16 
Old 2001-06-17, 11:07
skurwysyn skurwysyn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

An Maserati...any Maserati fot that matter.
 #17 
Old 2001-06-21, 04:15
El_hombre101 El_hombre101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

and the all-time best car IS....

1967 black corvette stingray.

a moment of silence please, for greatness is at hand.

------------------
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."-Albert Einstein
 #18 
Old 2001-06-22, 07:00
djdex djdex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

the all time greatest car of all time is the
AC COBRA
BOSS MUSTANG
PONTIAC GTO
anything with an SS at the end of it
The australian ford falcon
 #19 
Old 2001-06-28, 05:07
sanapor sanapor is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

Datsun 1btw the WRX sucks .. last years model was better... why?? cos the new one is heavier with the same engine
 #20 
Old 2001-07-02, 15:11
slothster slothster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

In my view the best car of all time has to be the F1 by Mclaren, Still the fastest road car ever biult. Pulls quicker than a boyband at an under 18's disco!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
give me 15 mins and i'll have it in bits
 #21 
Old 2001-07-03, 06:33
lostandconfused lostandconfused is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

right now i have a 300zx which is good for the first couple of months but you soon get bored of it, same happens to all cars except a 92 CRX which no one in my country seems to sell, if anyone is in australia i'll swap a 300zx TT for a sick looking 91-93 CRX!
 #22 
Old 2001-07-03, 21:35
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream Car

volvo 850 T5 wagon with guthrie charger. i believe it comes out to 280 horses, from 190 stock. mine got rammed from behind by some sleeping rigger fuck from arizona. now i drive gtz galant, with guthrie charger,200 stock is now over 290, though i'm looking at miller cycle mazda millenia. guthrie goes on to anything. it made saturn sc1 from 124 horses to 290 with 14.8 psi. expensive shit though.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics