About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Gearheads
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gearheads Greasy mechanical things. Fixing your car, swapping out engines, buying tools, and getting maximum horsepower.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-18, 04:30
stiggz stiggz is offline
Regular
 
Default 3 smoked cars

Dear christ, i had 3 good cars a week ago, now i have none.... my secondary cylinder in the transmission of my sunbird fucked up, then my bearings went in my caravan, now i lost the engine in a tercel. okay, so they weren't that good, but it's still annoying. Yeah, i just thought you all deserved to know.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-18, 05:18
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

don't buy cars anymore, god obviously hates your ass
 #3 
Old 2002-10-18, 18:59
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

why are you buying crap? go euro!
 #4 
Old 2002-10-21, 05:39
SouthernRebel1221 SouthernRebel1221 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

what the fuck!? Fuck Euro with a nuke up the ass...get a chevy man
 #5 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:25
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

haha! dumb redneck
I'm not going to be an idiot patriotic faggot and buy a chevy. I'm not even american, so you can rule out the "patriotic" bit. face it, american cars are crap, they're only a hair above korea in quality. Europe makes the best cars, wether you like it or not. the practicality of a Volkswagen, the smoothness of a Porsche, the Luxury of a BMW, the utter speed and power of a Lamborghini, and the Jaw dropping beauty of a Bugatti. You can't change fact, and the Fact is American cars simply don't hold a candle in quality and goodness that cars form Germany, Italy, France and Britain have.

Anyways, I'm not gonna argue with you. I'll never bother with american cars. I don't have to, I don't want. If I do, may that nuke go up MY ass.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:37
SouthernRebel1221 SouthernRebel1221 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

while you'd probably enjoy that, i still think american cars are better. id take my 83 z28 camaro over any BMW, mercedes, or volkswagon....
 #7 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:54
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

My 94 Century may not look all that smokin, but she hasn't fucked me over yet! She's on 62k and I'm takin her in for a lil maintenance tomorrow. Problem is, the local brats keep fuckin w/ my car. My chrome tire valve caps R missing & my windshield has a crack goin through it! If I find my hood ornament missing, I will then wage war on my neighbors!
 #8 
Old 2002-10-22, 03:33
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by SouthernRebel1221:
while you'd probably enjoy that, i still think american cars are better. id take my 83 z28 camaro over any BMW, mercedes, or volkswagon....


probably not, and there's nothing worng with opinion. you may PREFER american cars, that's fine. however, they are not, technically, better. picture this: a 1985 Audi Sport Quatro wit the Turbo charged 5-cylinder in it will absolutely SMOKE your mustang. the camaro MAY win down the drag strip, however, drag racing is the lowest form of racing. Quarter miles are for sissies. get them both around a proper circuit, where real cars are made, and the camaro doesn't stand a chance.

at any rate, it seems everyone from the southern portion of the USA generally has the dumbest people, and you are certainly no exception.
I am definetely sick of the southern- patriotic-american-"gonna shoot me a veellain, gonna be a HEEro!" type attitude that you idiots take. you need to give your head a good shake.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-22, 04:11
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

"you may PREFER american cars, that's fine. however, they are not, technically, better."

That's all a matter of opinion. I prefer Chevies over most everything else, but I have to say that Volkswagen and Mercedes makes some nice shit too.


"at any rate, it seems everyone from the southern portion of the USA generally has the dumbest people, and you are certainly no exception.
I am definetely sick of the southern- patriotic-american-"gonna shoot me a veellain, gonna be a HEEro!" type attitude that you idiots take. you need to give your head a good shake."

This pissed me off. Where the hell are you from, and where the hell do you get off bad mouthing patriotism for the USA? I'm from the south. If you are going to generalize us, then generalize northeners. Say "They are all coffee drinking morons who hang around coffee shops talking about unimportant bullshit." I was born in Boston and I know this not to be true, but make some sense. I can generalize Europeans too. "They are all a bunch of wine-drinking, hairy-armed perverts who would have sex with anything that crosses their path..." Is this true?

I don't know what country you are from but I'm guessing its in Europe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry not laughing at Europe, God knows that some of those countries have actually done something worthwile, but I pity whatever country has you as a citizen....

"at any rate, it seems everyone from the southern portion of the USA generally has the dumbest people, and you are certainly no exception."

I certainly hope you are not from England. Such terrible grammar. You said here that anyone from the south US has dumb people... thats not what you meant is it?

[This message has been edited by YouAreNotYourKhakis (edited 10-22-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-10-22, 14:45
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

Come on, TR. Haven't I always been there to back you up when folks start bashing Euro cars? Watch the Southern thing. I might hunt you down and kill you if I ever get my VW running...
 #11 
Old 2002-10-22, 16:29
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by ThetaReactor:
I might hunt you down and kill you if I ever get my VW running...


I think it's best to donate your HitlerWagen to charity or sell the thing. Get a mean ol' pickup, much more useful than a 4th reich moneymaker.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-22, 23:21
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

You find me a pickup that sleeps four, has running water, room to stand up inside, a refrigerator, and bitchin' green plaid seats, and I'll consider it.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-23, 01:23
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

VW vans fuckin rock!!!! You shoulda said somethin in the first place! Vanagons are sweet. A lady I helped out at work has one and she travels back & forth from Jersey to Alaska with it. My favorite V-Dub of all time however is the Microbus. Fuck the ugly-ass beetle. Reinvent the microbus. If I had one, old or new, I would tint it out mafia-style, blast Strawberry Alarm Clock through my Alpine system, and bake it out till the weatherstripping gives way and smoke starts gushing out of the seals

Love, Peace, & Elbow Grease;
KP
 #14 
Old 2002-10-24, 23:43
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

Sorry, I'm still pissed at how those americans "accidentally" killed some of our boys over in afganistan. you know the incident, a couple of "good ol' boys" from tennessee went and let fly the missiles at a canadian camp.

it's this sort of thing that really makes me think lowly of america...

At any rate, like it or not kamikaze, Vdub beetles are not only great cars, but legends. don't dis.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-25, 03:42
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
Sorry, I'm still pissed at how those americans "accidentally" killed some of our boys over in afganistan. you know the incident, a couple of "good ol' boys" from tennessee went and let fly the missiles at a canadian camp.


Did I ask if I wanted to stay here when I popped out of mommys twat??? Nooooo. For the record, I consider myself a citizen of the world.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-27, 18:58
overRide resSurRection overRide resSurRection is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
probably not, and there's nothing worng with opinion. you may PREFER american cars, that's fine. however, they are not, technically, better. picture this: a 1985 Audi Sport Quatro wit the Turbo charged 5-cylinder in it will absolutely SMOKE your mustang. the camaro MAY win down the drag strip, however, drag racing is the lowest form of racing. Quarter miles are for sissies. get them both around a proper circuit, where real cars are made, and the camaro doesn't stand a chance.

at any rate, it seems everyone from the southern portion of the USA generally has the dumbest people, and you are certainly no exception.
I am definetely sick of the southern- patriotic-american-"gonna shoot me a veellain, gonna be a HEEro!" type attitude that you idiots take. you need to give your head a good shake.



it was super charged, not turbo charged. and a mustang cobra would SPA-SPA-SPANK the SHIT out of an 85 quattro sport on a road course. and southern people aren't stupid. that's so gay of you to say that. there are, i will admit, some ignorant racists/bigots down south, but to say all southern people are stupid is not true. and drag racing is 10x more dangerous than circuit racing. you know why? you are going way faster, and you are between a car and a hard spot. circuit an drag racing are two totally different things, and they take just as much time to be good at both.
your sir, are the stupid one.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-27, 19:01
overRide resSurRection overRide resSurRection is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by KamikazePimp:
Did I ask if I wanted to stay here when I popped out of mommys twat??? Nooooo. For the record, I consider myself a citizen of the world.



right on man. that's what's up. and for the record, the u.s would beat the living shit out of u fucking canoodians during LUNCH with those "good ol' boys" firing missiles up your sorry asses. MUA HAH HA HAAAA!
 #18 
Old 2002-10-27, 19:28
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

God this place needs a mod.

Stigzz, what do you mean your secondary cylinder in the transmission of the sunbird fucked up? That doesn't make any sense.

Some American cars suck. Some euro cars suck. Some jap cars suck. You can't generalize a car just by where it was made or where the company is headquartered.

Arguments like this seem to pop up in damn near every topic that is posted in this forum. Make your car preference known, then just fucking drop it. It gets pretty damn old reading the same shit over and over. That's why people don't post here very often. If someone does start a good thread, then it just turns into a bitching session about brands.

 #19 
Old 2002-10-28, 21:36
overRide resSurRection overRide resSurRection is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

i don't prefer american cars. i hate big blocks. i like fast lil' high horsepower cars like the honda s2000. i'm all for asian cars, that's my preference. i was just stating that this dude was wrong.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-29, 16:17
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by overRide resSurRection:
it was super charged, not turbo charged. and a mustang cobra would SPA-SPA-SPANK the SHIT out of an 85 quattro sport on a road course. and southern people aren't stupid. that's so gay of you to say that. there are, i will admit, some ignorant racists/bigots down south, but to say all southern people are stupid is not true. and drag racing is 10x more dangerous than circuit racing. you know why? you are going way faster, and you are between a car and a hard spot. circuit an drag racing are two totally different things, and they take just as much time to be good at both.
your sir, are the stupid one.



you just shot yourself down yet again. the quattro sport was turbo charged. not supercharged. go look it up.

I honestly don't know why you talk. you have no credibility.

actually, Formula 1 racing is alot more dangerous than top fuel drap racing. drag racing is only a quarter mile.

was I talking about the Mustang? no, I wasn't. and you know what? the mustang wouldn't win. a stock V8 'stang has a tad over 280 HP. huge weight up front. the quattro, which was made and proven ON THE RALLY COURSE, has a much smaller engine, turbo charged, that makes over 300 HP. the audi has the weight advantage, yet it also has the traction advantage. all wheel drive, of course.
 #21 
Old 2002-10-29, 20:10
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by rlpinca:
God this place needs a mod.



True. Moreover, I think there should be 2 running in this election for MOD of Gearheads. I nominate rlpinca and Township Rebellion for candidates.

quote:
Originally posted by rlpinca:
Some American cars suck. Some euro cars suck. Some jap cars suck. You can't generalize a car just by where it was made or where the company is headquartered.



Except if it was made in Eastern Europe or Russia. Trabi, Yugo, Zil, Zastava, etc. They all met an unfortunate fate . Damn late-night comedians .
 #22 
Old 2002-10-30, 01:08
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

Funny how euro car fanatics always forget to mention those whenever they say that all euro cars can whoop american cars.

Don't forget tryptamine, he's pretty good at this type of stuff. Scorched seems to be fairly knowledgeable and quite active too.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-31, 20:55
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: 3 smoked cars

quote:
Originally posted by KamikazePimp:
I nominate rplinca and Township Rebellion for mod...


thank you. If Elected, I promise I won't be an Ass, and I won't mock others. I will also keep the place in good order.

as for russian cars, they're in a different league than the other euro cars (fortunately)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics